Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Robin Lehner signs with the Islanders (1 year, $1.5M)

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Fine young goaltender with an insane drive to succeed. Will basically win you every game against us (Sens) for as long as you play him. Would have liked him back in Ottawa, but McKenna > I guess.

Reactions: Fixxer

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
1 year 1.5 million isn't bad to see if he can bounce back with a new team. Very little risk.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
cool-66.gif

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
From my experience as a goalie, skaters disagree. Some craziness is fun and good, but you want a goalie to exude calmness and reliability, which transfers to the guys in front of him. Defensemen wondering whether they can count on their goalie to make the save when they should just execute the right play between taking a pass or a shot away is the type of thing that sinks teams.

Oh yeah I'm talking strictly as a fan. A crazy goalie is just so entertaining.

Reactions: Vipers31

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
It really is a good deal. If he's any good, he will have them competitive for playoffs or they can trade him at the deadline for decent value. Always some teams looking for capable veteran goalie at low salary. If he sucks, it's basically no investment and they'd be tanking anyway.

This still does not preclude Lou from trading for an even better goalie.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Good solid move. If he can keep his emotions in check he’s a good goalie.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
It really is a good deal. If he's any good, he will have them competitive for playoffs or they can trade him at the deadline for decent value. Always some teams looking for capable veteran goalie at low salary. If he sucks, it's basically no investment and they'd be tanking anyway.

This still does not preclude Lou from trading for an even better goalie.

PLAYOFFS?!?

You wanna talk about the...PLAYOFFS?!?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
As another Sabres poster said hes allergic to goalposts. We have a joke calling any shot that goes in when he doesn't cover the post "Lehner side" and almost every wrap around goes in because he has bad lateral control and is sometimes too aggressive which we called "the Lehner special."

Outside of that he might not be the greatest locker room guy. I still loved his crazy shenanigans though.

Hes near the bottom of the league as far as goalies are concerned with high danger scoring chances. Also the worst goalie I've ever seen in my life in shootouts and in fact he refused to do them in practice.

If you wanted to know what Lehner looked like most of the time just look at Rinne in this years playoffs.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
lehner is trash lmao how are islanders trying to spin off they like this move? jesus you guys are getting it hard this last week

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
If your team is looking to start some fights he’s good to have.

Winning hockey games? Yeah, no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad