Staples Twitter: NYI @ OTT Split Squad Rosters

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If they stick with Bailey on Tavares and Okposo line I think he can be alright...

even though I think Nelson got the goods...

I think Nelson is more versatile than Bailey offensively, so I think it would help the team if Nelson played somewhere else in the lineup than on the top line.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
I think Nelson is more versatile than Bailey offensively, so I think it would help the team if Nelson played somewhere else in the lineup than on the top line.

Bailey-JT-Okposo
Kule-Grabo-Nelson

If they stick Bailey on the top line, would Nelson be a good fit on the second line with Grabs/Kule? I gotta be honest I haven't really watched either of those guys play but I would hate to have Nelson on the 3rd line, I just think the potential is there for big things this year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bailey-JT-Okposo
Kule-Grabo-Nelson

If they stick Bailey on the top line, would Nelson be a good fit on the second line with Grabs/Kule? I gotta be honest I haven't really watched either of those guys play but I would hate to have Nelson on the 3rd line, I just think the potential is there for big things this year.

I think it would be a good line. Defensively and in terms of possession, as well as offensively.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Nice ! Nice to see Grabovski and Nelson off to good starts, gives us a lot of versatility. They can both play center and wing. Nice to see Collberg is healthy, and getting a goal, hope he has a huge season in the AHL.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Awesome games guys.. it was uhhh.. fun to listen to the action lol. Good luck to the Islanders this season
Finally some hockey !!!

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Bailey-JT-Okposo
Kule-Grabo-Nelson

With that scenario where does that leave Strome? He is clearly ready for the NHL, and is absolutely one of our 12 best forwards. However he is not a guy you can have in the bottom 6, he needs powerplay time and top 6 minutes, and at this point I don't see how you can leave him off the team. Both Strome and Nelson have earned top 6 minutes, and Bailey has not earned squat. I think our most effective top 9 will look something like this:

Nelson-JT-Okie
Kulemin-Grabo-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Grabner

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
With that scenario where does that leave Strome? He is clearly ready for the NHL, and is absolutely one of our 12 best forwards. However he is not a guy you can have in the bottom 6, he needs powerplay time and top 6 minutes, and at this point I don't see how you can leave him off the team. Both Strome and Nelson have earned top 6 minutes, and Bailey has not earned squat. I think our most effective top 9 will look something like this:

Nelson-JT-Okie
Kulemin-Grabo-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Grabner

100% agreed, they just trying to get Baileys confidence up by putting him with the big boys. maybe inflate his numbers in preseason for a trade. no way he's our 1st line LW this year imo

scott99

May 13, 2005

Nelson-JT-Okie
Kulemin-Grabo-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Grabner

Exactly, Bailey hasn't earned squat. Though we need to see how this plays out in camp and in the games. Strome had an assist in the first game, so he's off to a nice start too.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The fact that there is this much serious analysis about these two "games" today doesn't mean anything, but that most here are STARVED for hockey.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
The fact that there is this much serious analysis about these two "games" today doesn't mean anything, but that most here are STARVED for hockey.

yup.

I listened to most of the evening game, some of the early game, merely because it feels like a long time since the last Isles game. There's not really anything to take from these games at all, especially not on the first pre-season split squad game and I'm sure everyone on this board knows that.

There just better be some meaningful games this season!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00