Kulemin-Grabovski-Conacher
Grabner-Nielsen-Clutterbuck
Persson-Sundstrom-Gallant

Strait-Brennan
Hickey-Vis
Donovan-Carkner

Halak
Poulin

Only previous NHL regular not playing is Martin.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
i wouldn't read that much into the line combinations. I'll be worried if Conacher is the second line RW in the final preseason game though.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
i wouldn't read that much into the line combinations. I'll be worried if Conacher is the second line RW in the final preseason game though.

Agreed. It's always interesting to speculate though. Personally I want to see what that top line in the first game will do. Dal Colle-Strome-Ho Sang

Also, it is something to read into with the other top line. Because I think we all had the idea that management might try Bailey on the top line. Or at least we hoped it wouldn't happen. But this is preseason so why not?

Does that mean Ross Johnston was released?

Nah just not playing. You may see him in a different game. Not enough spaces to fit every player in camp onto a line

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Looks like most of the big boys are at game 2. My guess is in Game 1 they want to get a read on AHL players/rookies, while the other game they want to get a read on the defense.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Looks like most of the big boys are at game 2. My guess is in Game 1 they want to get a read on AHL players/rookies, while the other game they want to get a read on the defense.

It would be fun to watch game one and see those top two lines. Tons of talent on this lines. We've seen in the past that Lee and Nelson have good chemistry, adding Collberg to that line gives it excellent speed as well as another good shot. The Dal Colle-Strome-Ho sang line is just ridiculously talented.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Also, it is something to read into with the other top line. Because I think we all had the idea that management might try Bailey on the top line. Or at least we hoped it wouldn't happen. But this is preseason so why not?

There have been plenty of us who have wanted it to happen. He's looked good next to Tavares every time he's been placed there. I'm hoping he gets that spot of Nelson.

Last edited:

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Looks like there will be auditions for wing spots with Tavares/Okposo and Kulemin/Grabovski, interested to see who gets a look in those spots over the preseason games.

That Dal Colle-Strome-Ho Sang line could be the second line of the future...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Oh my god, could you imagine the upheaval on this board if all of Lee, Nelson, Strome, and Reinhart started in the AHL.

I can see it now..

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton

de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Vis
Strait-Brennan
Donovan, Carkner

Not that I think that would last long, but I could totally see the opening roster like that.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Oh my god, could you imagine the upheaval on this board if all of Lee, Nelson, Strome, and Reinhart started in the AHL.

I can see it now..

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton

de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Vis
Strait-Brennan
Donovan, Carkner

Not that I think that would last long, but I could totally see the opening roster like that.

Thankfully Nelson would have to go through waivers which isn't going to happen.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

It could also be a case of trying to showcase a player you are looking to move.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Just a reminder, St. John's isn't in EST, I often mess that up, they are two hours ahead of us. So the games are at 1 and 5:30 EST.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
ITS GAME DAY!

I can see it now..

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton

de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Vis
Strait-Brennan
Donovan, Carkner

Ugh... I may riot.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

I can see it now..

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton

de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Vis
Strait-Brennan
Donovan, Carkner

I posted a similar predicted lineup months ago. Most folks dismissed it but I see it as a real possibility even as a probability (if there aren't any injuries). Nelson will make the squad as they will not subject him to waivers. I still think the 23 guys listed above all make it with nelson. Someone will be 'injured' whether its legitimate or not.

With Wang and capuano this is the nonsense we have to continue to deal with.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00