GDT: NY Rangers 2018 Development Camp Thread

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This guy just wants Kravtsov to play in Europe so he can take his trip from Vienna to go watch him. Do you realize it looks and feels that’s what your basing where The kid should pay. He just got drafted by the rangers, you know how easy it will be for him to get a loan, pays his buyout and he signs with the rangers and pays off the loan. It doesn’t have to be under the table. Best thing for this kid is the route Chytil took. No doubt. Developed and coached by the rangers and given all the ice-time he can handle. Not playing one last season in the khl before he bolts for the US. He won’t get coached or developed or played genuinely just bc of that. Totally the wrong move to leave him there

Did you know that I also want Kravtsov to stay in the KHL because I’m planning a weekend trip from NY to Chelyabinsk to meet up with @Amazing Kreiderman and catch Traktor game...

What a ridiculous opening.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
My buddy’s dad is reffing the prospects camp (same guy who did it last year and said Chytil was head and shoulders above everyone else). You can see him skate by after the K’Andre Miller goal video.

According to him, Ronning has been the best player at camp. Also said Chytil and Anderssen are standouts, but that’s not surprising I suppose.

Will try and get some more info.
There’s no one im rooting harder for than ty ronning. I think he’s a special hockey player. He’s becoming more dynamic as he goes. I think he’s gonna be able to do his thing in this new NHL.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Divided on Kravstovs choice of path. Interesting to follow.

Yeah, hard to say which is the best path. I'm leaning towards hoping he plays one more year in the KHL, then goes to the AHL for the start of the 19-20 season before getting at least a cup of coffee, if not more.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This guy just wants Kravtsov to play in Europe so he can take his trip from Vienna to go watch him. Do you realize it looks and feels that’s what your basing where The kid should pay. He just got drafted by the rangers, you know how easy it will be for him to get a loan, pays his buyout and he signs with the rangers and pays off the loan. It doesn’t have to be under the table. Best thing for this kid is the route Chytil took. No doubt. Developed and coached by the rangers and given all the ice-time he can handle. Not playing one last season in the khl before he bolts for the US. He won’t get coached or developed or played genuinely just bc of that. Totally the wrong move to leave him there

The Chytil route made sense for Chytil because he played in an inferior league. The same can't be said of Kravtsov. If he decides to buy out his contract, great. He can play in Hartford. But looking at history, there are reasons to go back to the KHL. Financially, for his development. And as much as I disagree with PB, he has a point when he says that historically Russians develop better in the KHL than the AHL.

The other thing for Kravtsov, if he stays in the KHL, is that he can play for his national team. That's huge, both in experience and for his development again. If he goes back, sure. I will try to fly to Chelyabinsk and see him play, but that isn't the reason I want him to go back. If he's in Hartford, I'd probably fly to Hartford to see him, Chytil and Lias play. Or Vancouver for the World Juniors.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
The Chytil route made sense for Chytil because he played in an inferior league. The same can't be said of Kravtsov. If he decides to buy out his contract, great. He can play in Hartford. But looking at history, there are reasons to go back to the KHL. Financially, for his development. And as much as I disagree with PB, he has a point when he says that historically Russians develop better in the KHL than the AHL.

The other thing for Kravtsov, if he stays in the KHL, is that he can play for his national team. That's huge, both in experience and for his development again. If he goes back, sure. I will try to fly to Chelyabinsk and see him play, but that isn't the reason I want him to go back. If he's in Hartford, I'd probably fly to Hartford to see him, Chytil and Lias play. Or Vancouver for the World Juniors.
Every individual is different, it's wrong to say that he will develop better in the KHL just as is wrong to say that Russians forwards don't play defense.

It appears that he prefers, by a large margin, to play in NA than in the KHL this season. Let him come, he will grow phisically which he probably won't in Rússia, will adapt to smaller rinks and will improve his english.

Hartford is not the dumpster fire that was a couple of seasons ago. If he doesn't develop there will be his fault, just like it would be if he doesnt improve his game while playing in Russia.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Did you know that I also want Kravtsov to stay in the KHL because I’m planning a weekend trip from NY to Chelyabinsk to meet up with @Amazing Kreiderman and catch Traktor game...

What a ridiculous opening.
I’m glad you got something out of the opening comments. It’s called a joke. Being half serious, half joking. For giggles. You know. That’s how New Yorkers are, we make jokes. See the joke ‘this guy just wants Kravtsov over there so he can take a trip to see him’ see American/ny joke. It’s a joke with a fellow ranger fan from across the globe. Keyword, joke.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Every individual is different, it's wrong to say that he will develop better in the KHL just as is wrong to say that Russians forwards don't play defense.

It appears that he prefers, by a large margin, to play in NA than in the KHL this season. Let him come, he will grow phisically which he probably won't in Rússia, will adapt to smaller rinks and will improve his english.

Hartford is not the dumpster fire that was a couple of seasons ago. If he doesn't develop there will be his fault, just like it would be if he doesnt improve his game while playing in Russia.

Yes, it's merely an opinion. There are no guarantees. I just FEEL that Kravtsov would be better off back in Chelyabinsk with his family around, playing in a superior league.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yes, it's merely an opinion. There are no guarantees. I just FEEL that Kravtsov would be better off back in Chelyabinsk with his family around, playing in a superior league.
I feel like he needs to put on muscle...u just don't see many Russian kids put on muscle during the season ..kinda weird.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011

I say it bc the kid was hardly played all season until he went on such a tear the coach had to play him. Don’t tell me he’s gonna get developed/coached/and played as much and well in russia on traktor whatever, as he would in Hartford, an hr away from the rangers training facility and playing/growing with the new faces that are gonna be in Hartford.

Sorry bud, i disagree with you. But yeah, you like to travel, fly into Newark and get out to Hartford or go Up to michigan for traverse city, you’ll get to see everyone. Maybe even get some autographs if your that kind of guy

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Did you see his dad at the draft? The guy jumped out of his shoes. They are gonna move the whole family to NY. The dad’s already wearing rangers gear and house huntIng in CT. (That’s just a joke, I don’t know that, but I bet ya)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Did you see his dad at the draft? The guy jumped out of his shoes. They are gonna move the whole family to NY. The dad’s already wearing rangers gear and house huntIng in CT. (That’s just a joke, I don’t know that, but I bet ya)

Pfff. His dad isn't half the Kravtsov fan I am :laugh:

PS: He lived with his grandparents ever since he was a kid. Not sure what the current relationship is with his parents.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I say it bc the kid was hardly played all season until he went on such a tear the coach had to play him. Don’t tell me he’s gonna get developed/coached/and played as much and well in russia on traktor whatever, as he would in Hartford, an hr away from the rangers training facility and playing/growing with the new faces that are gonna be in Hartford.

Sorry bud, i disagree with you. But yeah, you like to travel, fly into Newark and get out to Hartford or go Up to michigan for traverse city, you’ll get to see everyone. Maybe even get some autographs if your that kind of guy

Let's agree to disagree. I just feel playing in the KHL is better than playing in the AHL. He's only 18, and has the comfort of his teammates, family and friends for another year. Not everyone adepts the way Chytil has. As much as I understand the reasoning behind the Chytil comparison, we also have to understand that what Chytil did is quite unique. It works both ways.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Some of you seemingly want him to play in the AHL because you want him to play with other Ranger prospects and think that because something worked for one European player it'll work for a different person from the same continent. Is that any better?

I'd hope the management team is basing this on player development, and nothing else.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I feel like he needs to put on muscle...u just don't see many Russian kids put on muscle during the season ..kinda weird.

And that is another reason to play in Russia. With the bigger ice surface, he isn't outmatched physically because the style of hockey played there is different. He can put on some muscle while he learns to use his body without the threat of being torpedo'd into the boards.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
And that is another reason to play in Russia. With the bigger ice surface, he isn't outmatched physically because the style of hockey played there is different. He can put on some muscle while he learns to use his body without the threat of being torpedo'd into the boards.
Has he hit the gym like ever? He soooooo thin. Buch was a beanpole too....where are these guys working out. I just don't see it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Has he hit the gym like ever? He soooooo thin. Buch was a beanpole too....where are these guys working out. I just don't see it.

Like I said, a different style in Russia. But I truly feel the Rangers can assist even if he is in Russia. They sent a skating coach to Goteborg to help Lias. The possibilities are there.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I don't think we've established he prefers to play in the AHL than KHL. If every individual is different, why would we even begin to start comparing him to Chytil? One guy from Eastern Europe did well in Hartford so we should send the next Eastern European there? Absolutely nothing with Kravtsov should be based on Chytil. Chytil and Kravtsov don't even come from a close part of the world. Their hometown are 6,000+ miles away. NYC is closer to both of their hometowns than they are closer to each other. We need to get this out of our minds that Chytil should have anything to do with Kravtsov. Chytil should also stop trying to influence Kravtsov on that. He's not the GM. He's no more qualified to influence that decision than any of us.

And you are right, every individual is different. Andrei Svechnikov looks primed to break the trend of Russians developing in North America. Its not impossible for Kravtsov to develop well in North America. But why all of a sudden have we decided that AHL is the appropriate place for Kravtsov? He didn't move to North America last season, didn't move the season before. He seemingly thought the right place for him to develop was in the KHL. And Traktor developed him into the 9th overall pick. He showed a big improvement as last season went on with his production. Why wouldn't that be the type of thing the Rangers should want?

What specifically about the AHL would be better for him? He already speaks English considerably better than the average Russian. I believe his sister studies in Toronto. Were they educated better with english than the average Russian? How could she qualify for a school in Toronto if she didn't speak considerably better English than the average Russian? He doesn't have the same weight problems that Buchnevich had. He weighed 184 pounds at the combine. Thats not anything out of the ordinary. The culture? Its something he will need to adjust to at some point, but why rush it? Wouldn't it be best to let him experience that when he matures some more? The team is terrible. Kravtsov is not NHL ready. There should be no rush to get him into the Rangers system. He needs to worry about further developing his hockey game, otherwise he won't get to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad