Pre-Game Talk: NY Islanders @ MTL Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

habfan1968

Dec 19, 2006
Go Habs Go

No games should be taken as EASY, in this short season all games are important.

Habs playing well, keep the streak alive.

Lays had a curry flavor chips, they were great!

Miss Vickies' is king of chip right now.

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Toxic environment on the team is gone.. but among the fans...

GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM PEOPLE..

Habs on a winning streak - playing a weaker opponent: bad feeling
Habs on a losing streak - playing a stronger team: bad feeling

There's no logic to this other than a losing logic... like come on.. get behind your team, get behind yourself.. become a champion.

Well said good sir, these people spouting off and going in all kinds of negative tangents in the name of 'realism'.

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Well said good sir, these people spouting off and going in all kinds of negative tangents in the name of 'realism'.

I much prefer people who consider themselves champions because their local pro sports team is going well. Such people are highly valued in my book.

:sarcasm:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
After tonight Montreal plays 11 of the next 15 games on the road.....We will see what this team is made of.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Montreal as a top three team in the conference but more of a 6 7 8 team.

They must be made of something sturdy, they have a better winning% on the road than at home. :laugh:

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Habs are too deep into their "zone" right now. They'll play with confidence tonight and have a great game to go on with their sixth straight win. I feel a good game by Erik Cole.

Here's my prediction for tonight.

Habs Win 5-2.

Cole x2
Gionta
Galchenyuk
Eller

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
This is one of the most important things mentioned in this thread, especially for all the one waving around their pom poms.

I have no problem with optimism, nor pessimism for that matter. It seems this board is either one or the other almost all the time. Anyone who tries to evaluate the situation from outside the homer fan perspective at either given time is either labelled as having a loser mentality for thinking the team might lose when the team is currently winning and is labelled a homer or fan boy if they think the team can win when it's currently losing.

If we can walk out of that 15 game stretch with a .500-ish record I'll be very content with the stretch.

How is that a test though? They have been a good road team and poor(er) home team the last 2 years.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Good question. He has 10 points and he's +9, so either he had 1 point on the PP (not sure I remember that either) or there was an ES goal against.

Either way, he's a rookie with an average of 12 min of ice time per night and he's leading the team in +/-. Sure he's sheltered (as he should be), but that's still pretty damn impressive.

He's at 12 for, 3 against 5 on 5. Which is insane and he's not going to keep it up but one hell of a start to his career.

This largely cancels out the underperformance of Desharnais' 2nd line which really shouldn't be in the minus like they have been. Should even out with time. There are a lot of other factors but its an extreme illustration of how managed minutes can be a real thing, Galchenyuk's line is doing the job Desharnais line was doing in the Martin period of last season while Desharnais' line is doing Gomez's old job (and Eller is essentially the new Halpern from 2010-11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad