Pre-Game Talk: NY Islanders @ MTL Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
Toxic environment on the team is gone.. but among the fans...

GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM PEOPLE..

Habs on a winning streak - playing a weaker opponent: bad feeling
Habs on a losing streak - playing a stronger team: bad feeling

There's no logic to this other than a losing logic... like come on.. get behind your team, get behind yourself.. become a champion.

Maelpj*

There's no logic to this other than a losing logic... like come on.. get behind your team, get behind yourself.. become a champion.

The fans have learned to loose. Like MT says, we need to learn to win.

Chills all over my back.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Let's see how Therrien keeps his guys motivated. This is a very winnable game, but the Islanders has had some ups and downs this season. They need to come out flying at home and set the tempo early.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Environment defines everything.

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
You lie

YOU LIE

MAKE HIM STOP LYING :cry:

When we lose a game it's because we haven't tries hard enough as an fan! Mommy told me so! We are trying really hard this year, this is why we win!!!

It's more like.. as a fan we have two options:

Enjoy your team
Don't enjoy your team

When your team is winning and you don't enjoy it what's the point of being a fan?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

I don't think it's a losing logic. Letdown games when facing a lesser team happen in this sport when a team is coming off a few big wins. And this has the potential to be one.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

There's a thing called realism, sometimes some fans like to take off the blinders and assess a situation for what it actually is. There is nothing wrong from a fan's perspective to say this has the potential to be a bad game, because quite frankly it's been proven over and over again statistically that this sort of thing happens.

How I feel about my teams chances of winning does not reflect their performance on any level what so ever. Their chances of winning are still favorable, as long as they show up to the game and that's on them.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
I think that this team is one tough and big top 4 D away from being a really good team... as in Contenders! Even without this big D, our team competes and executes the game plan almost every night. The depth and mix of players are solid.

Where am I going with this incessant blabla?

Tonight’s game should be, must be, an easy win.

cjbhab*

I think that this team is one tough and big top 4 D away from being a really good team... as in Contenders! Even without this big D, our team competes and executes the game plan almost every night. The depth and mix of players are solid.

Where am I going with this incessant blabla?

Tonight’s game should be, must be, an easy win.

I still think they are a top 4 D, a top 6 forward, and a bottom 6 forward away.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
After tonight Montreal plays 11 of the next 15 games on the road.....We will see what this team is made of.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Montreal as a top three team in the conference but more of a 6 7 8 team.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Yes the NYI have been bad. Yes they have only won 2 games in the month of February. But that being said this is still a professional hockey team, and I do not believe for a moment that MT will allow his players to think the way a lot of the fans in this thread.

I think scoring the first goal and keeping pressure on them will help us win. They are terrible 5 on 5, but are top 10 on both PP and PK. Let's hope they don't get a quick lucky bounce and we should be victor in this one.

Pricef*

Welll said

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but i heard on CJAD that Gally practiced with the team today ( full contact ) and will probably play on Saturday vs the Rags.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Let's see how Therrien keeps his guys motivated. This is a very winnable game, but the Islanders has had some ups and downs this season. They need to come out flying at home and set the tempo early.

I'm more scared about this game than the NYR ones. NYI has played some very good games this year and some really bad ones too. If we take them lightly we will probably lose.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
After tonight Montreal plays 11 of the next 15 games on the road.....We will see what this team is made of.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Montreal as a top three team in the conference but more of a 6 7 8 team.

This is one of the most important things mentioned in this thread, especially for all the one waving around their pom poms.

I have no problem with optimism, nor pessimism for that matter. It seems this board is either one or the other almost all the time. Anyone who tries to evaluate the situation from outside the homer fan perspective at either given time is either labelled as having a loser mentality for thinking the team might lose when the team is currently winning and is labelled a homer or fan boy if they think the team can win when it's currently losing.

If we can walk out of that 15 game stretch with a .500-ish record I'll be very content with the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad