Pre-Game Talk: NY Islanders @ MTL Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Maybe but I don't think he had much of a choice, back to back games 3 in 4 nights and the flu going around as well. Even if we drop this one, I can't really blame him for giving them that day off that they completely deserved

Oh I'm not saying it wasn't deserved or understandable given the circumstances.

Hopefully it pans out well for us, but I'm completely expecting it not to.. As others have said this pretty much the definition of a trap game.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
What makes you think the Habs didn't like it that way?

:laugh:

jerry-and-george.jpg

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
We'll know in the first 5 minutes of this game if this team is ready take care of business tonight or if they expect an easy game. We have to take control of this game early and choke the life out of this weak Isles team by taking a lead.

The Islanders are horrific 5 on 5, 3rd worst in the league in GF/GA ratio. There's no reason to lose to them at home if we play one of our solid games - unless Tavares turns into superman, which he can do obviously.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Oh I'm not saying it wasn't deserved or understandable given the circumstances.

Hopefully it pans out well for us, but I'm completely expecting it not to.. As others have said this pretty much the definition of a trap game.

I'm sure MT has been working on a pregame speech on this specific topic.

They'll be ready.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm sure MT has been working on a pregame speech on this specific topic.

They'll be ready.

To his credit, I think he probably does too. I don't say that lightly either because frankly under MT I've never been as confident regarding our coaching staff. I liked him as a coach 10 years ago, and I think his time away and his subsequent time spent in the media the past couple of seasons has really seasoned him into a better human being and coach that can now truly understand the game from just about every possible aspect.

If someone like yourself says "MT probably has a speech about this" I can safely nod and say "yeah you're probably right". Where as with Jacques Martin I would have been surprised if the guy even went in the dressing room before games. MT is definitely a much stronger presence in the room, and a clearly superior motivator.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Old Dutch BBQ is awesome.

A win tonight is definitely important with a good Rangers team coming to town on Saturday. In Price I trust.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Okay, so they're known as Old Dutch Chips now.

Old Dutch bought Humpty Dumpty but replaced some of their main flavors with their own. Old Dutch was prevalent in Western Canada while Humpty Dumpty in eastern and then got bought out.

Not that it really matters :laugh:

Brass

Nov 14, 2007
laurentides
Back in the days it was cape cod's now MV. The selection merite are not bad either

wait wait wait , chips PGT ??

wat about dem Nachos !

and I want Chuckie to score two.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
5 game streak going to 6. Don't stop now!

Helps now that our team is rested. Besides, we have to win this for when we're on the road for a long while, in a few weeks. That's going to be real tough.

We can do it!

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Can any of you guys remember if Galchenyuk has been on the ice for an ES goal against yet? I can't seem to remember it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad