Pre-Game Talk: NY Islanders @ MTL Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Habs should win this game as they're clearly the better team. But they shouldn't be over-confident. Tavares is playing like one of the best player in the NHL right now. He can win a game on his own.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Can any of you guys remember if Galchenyuk has been on the ice for an ES goal against yet? I can't seem to remember it happening.

Good question. He has 10 points and he's +9, so either he had 1 point on the PP (not sure I remember that either) or there was an ES goal against.

Either way, he's a rookie with an average of 12 min of ice time per night and he's leading the team in +/-. Sure he's sheltered (as he should be), but that's still pretty damn impressive.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Good question. He has 10 points and he's +9, so either he had 1 point on the PP (not sure I remember that either) or there was an ES goal against.

Either way, he's a rookie with an average of 12 min of ice time per night and he's leading the team in +/-. Sure he's sheltered (as he should be), but that's still pretty damn impressive.

Well, Prust bailed out that line from getting hemmed in a couple times. ;)

But still, for a guy who really wasn't a + guy in minors, it is impressive.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
The Islanders have some very good players. I also like their defense. They have a lot of ups and downs, so it's hard to gauge them. One game they win 5-1, the next they lose 7-0.

Let's hope we get the latter team!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Have a bad feeling about this. Habs are known to play Pejorative Slured when they face terrible teams....

Oh well, I've said I had a bad feeling for the past 3 games now and we won, so might as well keep it up.

This just in : Habs have a 6-0 record when I cant watch the game and guess what... I have a night shift. :naughty:

Habs 5 (Cole is due, Plek, Subban, Emelin, Prust)
Islanders 3 (JT x3)

The Isles are not terrible. The Habs are not perfect. Your schedule is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Islanders GDT is pretty good. These guys have embraced their frustration with some pretty sharp humour. Good for them!

Yeah, this game has psychological letdown written all over it...

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
I see this as a trap game.

Habs will expect nothing from the Isles and the habs will play bad.
The isles will go in without any pressure and they will play above their heads.

I hope I'm wrong.

PricePkPatch*

P.S. In case you don't know it yet you, I and the rest of the posters in this site have got nothing to do with the wins and losses - despite my jammies.

You lie

YOU LIE

MAKE HIM STOP LYING :cry:

When we lose a game it's because we haven't tries hard enough as an fan! Mommy told me so! We are trying really hard this year, this is why we win!!!

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
Habs will win or lose. There will be no tie. You can quote me in the PGT.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Habs will win or lose. There will be no tie. You can quote me in the PGT.

The NHL got rid of ties during the 2004-2005 lockout and replaced them with overtime + shootout so your prediction is not much of a prediction since the probability of no ties is 100%.

Source: Major in statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad