NXT Part 7: TAKEOVER PORTLAND!!!! PPV OF THE YEAR COMING UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
NXT really does remind me of those old 6:05 TBS shows from back in the day. Lots of wrestling, some promos, but great work all around. So happy to hear Mauro back.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Do they have the balls to put the title on Keith Lee? He is HOT at the moment and I think you have to strike while the iron is hot

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do they have the balls to put the title on Keith Lee? He is HOT at the moment and I think you have to strike while the iron is hot

It feels the long booking is leading to Ciampa/Cole so Ciampa gets goldy back. I really wanted to see Lee get the hot shot.

I personally believe Balor/Cole ends in something like Gargano taking Balor out. Ciampa gets the nod.

- Ciampa vs Cole @ Takeover
- Balor vs. Gargano
- Lee???? He's sort of left alone unless he takes down Roddy.

Reactions: IceColdOx

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
What happened to this place? I see a lot of posters asking this question. I usually lurk, but enjoy the comments by everyone here which is why I kept coming back to this forum to get insight and news. Would someone be so kind as to private message me what happened, or where everyone went so I, too, can continue getting information? Thank you!

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
I do enjoy NXT more than AEW. I'm sorry but I don't see the appeal of Orange Cassidy, Janela or Stunt. I get more wrestling and less silly with NXT.

Reactions: TNT87

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I enjoy the channel flipping (or DVR flipping in my case) aspect, just makes me happy a la the prime Nitro/Raw days. Younger me would care more about the ratings, but I'm just happy there's quality alternatives if Raw/SD aren't your cup of tea.

NXTPC had a YouTube video about their all female show they did recently.

I spotted that NXT is doing a February weekend house show in Vegas, debating if that'd be worth a trip. Also looking at their next Takeover in Portland, there's going to be a WHL game going on in the adjacent arena at the same time.

Last edited:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I do enjoy NXT more than AEW. I'm sorry but I don't see the appeal of Orange Cassidy, Janela or Stunt. I get more wrestling and less silly with NXT.

This is exactly I how I feel as well. I watch AEW but I'm not as invested as I thought I would be. My interest isn't as strong as it was in the beginning. I'm not a fan at all of Cassidy and Stunt.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
I enjoy the channel flipping (or DVR flipping in my case) aspect, just makes me happy a la the prime Nitro/Raw days. Younger me would care more about the ratings, but I'm just happy there's quality alternatives if Raw/SD aren't your cup of tea.

NXTPC had a YouTube video about their all female show they did recently.

I spotted that NXT is doing a February weekend house show in Vegas, debating if that'd be worth a trip. Also looking at their next Takeover in Portland, there's going to be a WHL game going on in the adjacent arena at the same time.

I went to Takeover: Toronto and it was worth it. Consider going.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I went to Takeover: Toronto and it was worth it. Consider going.

For sure, been to four NXT shows (including WarGames 2018 and Takeover Phoenix before the Rumble) and each of them have been great. Portland one would be fun since I could see a WHL game on the Friday night beforehand as well, although I'd feel a little guilty about inviting myself over to my friends' place on Valentine's weekend.

It's too bad the show is on a Sunday night, so I'd have take the Monday off work in order to travel back which would probably be the biggest road block.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
What happened to this place? I see a lot of posters asking this question. I usually lurk, but enjoy the comments by everyone here which is why I kept coming back to this forum to get insight and news. Would someone be so kind as to private message me what happened, or where everyone went so I, too, can continue getting information? Thank you!
Ya me too. Everyone seems so hush hush on what happened. Really strange lol.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could someone please PM me as well as to what happened to this place?

Some people went all Austin and took their ball elsewhere. The HF has seen it before and the HF will see it again. Just enjoy some AEW and NXT. :) They'll either be back or hey... we all move on in life.

Life is too short. Enjoy it. NXT is a damn must watch show every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad