NXT Part 7: TAKEOVER PORTLAND!!!! PPV OF THE YEAR COMING UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Most people assumed (and maybe it was already confirmed), but the new PC video pretty much confirms that Dunne is US full time

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think I like this Pete Dunne where he shows up where he wants to, when he wants to, especially since every single thing he is ever done is great. Except of course that one appearance on the main roster.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think I like this Pete Dunne where he shows up where he wants to, when he wants to, especially since every single thing he is ever done is great. Except of course that one appearance on the main roster.

Hey, it's not his fault someone in the production truck played his music instead of Angle's.

Completely botched that debut entrance.

He was solid at the Rumble, too.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
·Austin White (aka Austin Theory) - 22 years old, current Evolve & WWN champ
·Santana Garrett - independent wrestler who’s worked in the 2017 Mae Young Classic & NXT
·Tehuti Miles - Division I college football player, military veteran, indie wrestler
·EJ Nduka - former football player & bodybuilder with combat sports training
·Aleksandar Jaksic - 24 year old German semi-pro basketball player who’s trained with Santino Marella & Alex Wright
·Briana Brandy - an “aspiring hip-hop artist” and Crossfit & ninjutsu(!) <3 <3 <3 she trained in montreal.
·Rita Reis - 24 year old Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and judo champion
·Marcos Gomes - Brazilian with lots of combats sports experience
·Catalina Garcia (aka Jessy “La Diva del Ring”) - a Chilean pro wrestler <3 <3 <3

nxtaugust2019.jpg

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Garza jr. is DONE with nxt already. heading to 205. he had ONE match (on tv) only in that tournament that its not even over. lol.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Garza jr. is DONE with nxt already. heading to 205. he had ONE match (on tv) only in that tournament that its not even over. lol.

The tournament did end with Wednesday’s airing, but he did have 2 matches bc he won the first. I do believe he had another at these tapings.

Reactions: Disclose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
imho, with NXT going live, I think they should do 205 Live at Full Sail (or touring with NXT depending on where they do shows when they go live) and make it a wednesday show from 10-11pm.

feel like full sail would be more receptive to it anyways, and I don’t think it makes sense to do it after smackdown if Fox wants that studio show from 10-11pm on friday to follow SD on FS1

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they're doing 2 hours of NXT, then they can just merge 205 Live with other brands. He already started to do that with guys like Drew Gulak. Hunter's going to be looking for ways not to overexpose his talent. That's part of the reason why they feel so much more special on NXT.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
with NXT UK getting their own network events, i’m totally okay with 205 Live merging in with NXT & getting to use Takeovers to blow off angles too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They should just delete 205. It was a mistake to ever start it in the first place, it's counterproductive to every they should be doing.
yeah I was never a fan of it in the first place. it has some good wrestling, but most of those guys can just slide into NXT or NXT UK imho, with a select few moving to Raw or Smackdown.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
do cruiserweight challenge every year. do it "live"
and yeah just let them fight across nxt/raw/sd

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The only time I ever see 205 Live is during PPVs when it's in the preshow.

Actually, scratch that, that preshow match is usually over before I can find a stream anyways.

I would have no issue with 205 getting absorbed into another show - either NXT or just split the 205 wrestlers between Raw and Smackdown and bring back the Cruiserweight Championship.

That said, there's already enough talent on both shows that is getting wasted or misused, so they'd probably face the same issue. But at least they'd get noticed eventually, right?

WWE's Superstars page shows 19 wrestlers in the 205 Live bracket, and that includes Drake Maverick and Lucha House Party - and to a lesser extent Mike Kanellis - who receive semi-regular appearances on the main shows.

So there's 15 wrestlers who could stand to get some more exposure with a call-up to the big brands

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
NXT going live = Vince. It was nice while it lasted :ha:
There’s no way they would let AEW go uncontested imo. We should have expected this is my thought. It’s just a matter of whether Vince leaves HHH to his own devices and doesn’t put his paws all over it.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Everyone is so down it sucks.

I am not writing NXT's eulogy just yet. I actually think this is a good next step and was the eventual logical evolution of NXT.

I am happy for the guys in NXT and glad they will get a chance on USA. People like Johnny, Ciampa, UE, Dream must be ready to take the challange and take the ball and run with it.

Will things be different sure, but change isn't always bad. I have faith in HHH and his crew.

I have to wonder though about Takeovers now. So since all 3 brands are on TV what goes on with PPV's? If SDL/RAW are cross branded what about NXT?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think the only way to truly open NXT on September 18 on USA Network is Velveteen Dream opening the show in all his glory. This guy is the one they should build the brand around. He’s their next big mega star imo. Have him do his full entrance, get all the shine and give him the open.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, NXT is going to show up on WWE Network the next night at 8pm ET after it airs on USA.

I can wait one night to watch NXT. For as good as the product is, it rarely features anything that you absolutely have to see when it airs.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So, NXT is going to show up on WWE Network the next night at 8pm ET after it airs on USA.

I can wait one night to watch NXT. For as good as the product is, it rarely features anything that you absolutely have to see when it airs.
Because it’s taped. I assume that changes going live and head-to-head with the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad