WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He is that very very rare heel in this day and age that fans shoot love, but also love kayfabe booing him into oblivion. Usually heels who are over like this start getting mostly cheers by this point. Never vitriol to this extent.

Roman is the only other guy who gets boos like this, but It is go away heat.

Roman's heat is more complicated than simple go-away heat. People really boo Vince when they boo Roman. I think people would be ok with Roman if he were booked correctly. The superman bullshit is the reason we hate him so much. The guy isn't a great wrestler, but he can put up a solid match. He isn't a bad promo at all... when they don't overscript him.

Ciampa is awesome and people love to hate him because he does a great job... and people genuinely love Johnny which helps.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think Roman has go away heat. Roman has the heat Cena had in 2006. They want a different direction for the character. The only difference is Roman isn't good enough to spin it like Cena always could when he would come out and cut promos in front of the audience.

Roman would be much more accepted if he were a heel. Roman WAS much more accepted when he was playing second fiddle to Ambrose back in 2015 and not being THE guy that was shoved down everyone's throats.

Roman's in-ring work has also become noticeable complacent as WWE's stubbornness to turn him seems to be getting to him as well. He was working much better matches and had more variety in what he did earlier on, but it seems like ever since his program with Strowman when they didn't do a double turn, Roman's in-ring work has dropped like a rock and he's become ultra complacent, spamming the same moves and just doing the same thing over and over. I think he really wants a heel turn, and he knows he'd benefit from a heel turn, and it's demoralizing for him to be stuck in the same rut.

Reactions: Fro

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
people chanting You deserve it at Gargano after Black kicked his ass for costing him the belt was a beatiful thing to hear.
Ciampa such a good heel that people are appreciating him more than the purest baby face they have.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
As much as Ciampa is hated, there is still a pocket of fans that cheer the guy. He has been a great heel but its just a problem with today's wrestling where fans respect the person too much to really hate them.

When Ciampa was talking to that old lady she was trying not to laugh. Rather the reaction he wanted was someone who was screaming and yelling at him. With the curtain pulled back we all know that Ciampa is really great guy who worked his ass off to get the NXT title.

Its unfortunate but the best way to get heel heat these days is go away heat. Basically to seen by the fans as someone the office is pushing on them. But thats not real heel heat thats more like we don't want to watch you heat.

I give Ciampa a few months before the crowd turns him full babyface. He is too good for it not to happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
people chanting You deserve it at Gargano after Black kicked his ass for costing him the belt was a beatiful thing to hear.
Ciampa such a good heel that people are appreciating him more than the purest baby face they have.
I took it as Black being more over than Gargano personally.

As much as Ciampa is hated, there is still a pocket of fans that cheer the guy. He has been a great heel but its just a problem with today's wrestling where fans respect the person too much to really hate them.

When Ciampa was talking to that old lady she was trying not to laugh. Rather the reaction he wanted was someone who was screaming and yelling at him. With the curtain pulled back we all know that Ciampa is really great guy who worked his ass off to get the NXT title.

Its unfortunate but the best way to get heel heat these days is go away heat. Basically to seen by the fans as someone the office is pushing on them. But thats not real heel heat thats more like we don't want to watch you heat.

I give Ciampa a few months before the crowd turns him full babyface. He is too good for it not to happen.
You definitely aren't wrong. I won't lie, even though I already knew the result, I still marked out when Ciampa won the title (and I love Black too), that said, I have always found Gargano kind of annoying, so I always liked Ciampa better.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I took it as Black being more over than Gargano personally.

You definitely aren't wrong. I won't lie, even though I already knew the result, I still marked out when Ciampa won the title (and I love Black too), that said, I have always found Gargano kind of annoying, so I always liked Ciampa better.

I marked out as well. Hard not to for a guy who left the indy's for a jobber spot in NXT, turned it into a great tag team, suffered a huge injury when he was going to get a big push, then came back put on 5 star classics in the feud of the decade. As much of a heel as he is his journey is that of a babyface. Knowing the real story its just hard not to root for the guy.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm like 3 weeks behind on NXT, but the story they're telling is that Gargano has departed from being that pure white-meat face and devolving into these rudo games with Ciampa and going down to his level and is off of this path, and from what I'm hearing and seeing from people, it's not the Gargano people want to see win the championship. They wanted the guy who fought Almas to win the championship. I think Black is the guy I want to win the title back anyways, so hopefully he does because he should've been a stronger champion.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
That’s what they wanted to do at last take over, I think.
Should be fun. But I’m angry about Black missing this.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Really like the different videos they are putting out regarding Black's attack. Should be an intriguing who done it angle. Heck, it could be someone not even in the videos.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Has anybody yet weighed the likelihood that we're going to get Undisputed Era vs. BSS vs. War Raiders & Ricochet in War Games? Like, it's pretty damn likely and it's going to be absolutely insane.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really like the different videos they are putting out regarding Black's attack. Should be an intriguing who done it angle. Heck, it could be someone not even in the videos.
The fact that Blake, Cutler and Ryker are on the videos is suspicious to me. What better way to have them draw heat when they do finally appear than having them take credit for jumping and injuring Black

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Has anybody yet weighed the likelihood that we're going to get Undisputed Era vs. BSS vs. War Raiders & Ricochet in War Games? Like, it's pretty damn likely and it's going to be absolutely insane.
I'm not sure we see ricochet in that match, I think he wins the NA title at Brooklyn and defends it against EC3 or someone at War Games.

I think the War Games match will actually be 4 vs 4 vs 4 this time as Fish should be back for War Games. I suspect we get all 4 of Undisputed Era vs BSS (Moustache Mountain, Dunne & Burch vs War Raiders, plus another tag team (maybe Heavy Machinery or Street Prophets?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not sure we see ricochet in that match, I think he wins the NA title at Brooklyn and defends it against EC3 or someone at War Games.

I think the War Games match will actually be 4 vs 4 vs 4 this time as Fish should be back for War Games. I suspect we get all 4 of Undisputed Era vs BSS (Moustache Mountain, Dunne & Burch vs War Raiders, plus another tag team (maybe Heavy Machinery or Street Prophets?)

No way they're putting Heavy Machinery or Street Prophets in there, they're not advanced enough to do so nor are they good enough to be on a Takeover (yet) much less the main event. The angle they set up a few weeks ago makes way more sense than trying to build up another team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No way they're putting Heavy Machinery or Street Prophets in there, they're not advanced enough to do so nor are they good enough to be on a Takeover (yet) much less the main event. The angle they set up a few weeks ago makes way more sense than trying to build up another team.
That's fair, but I still don't think it will be 3 teams of 3 again, unless Adam Cole isn't in the match.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I'm curious what they will do once Fish returns. I really hope they don't kick Strong out as he has been great in UE.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm curious what they will do once Fish returns. I really hope they don't kick Strong out as he has been great in UE.
I'm hoping Fish and O'Reilly continue as tag champs, Cole wins the NXT title to become a dual champ, then lays down to give Roddy the NA title.

Probably kick out Adam Cole and soon after that he gets called up to the main roster.
I can definitely see this.

Reactions: scrubadam

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
This was posted in the news thread for reasons I'm not so sure of now, and because I didn't know we had a dedicated NXT thread for some stupid reason. Anyways...

I just got back from the NXT house show in Lowell. It's amazing how superior a simple house for them is compared to the main rosters Raw or smackdown. 100% worth it if you get the chance.

Here's some highlights

Lacey Evans is the real deal. Beauty, in ring skill, can play a face or heel, and knows how to work a crowd. She can succeed with or without the pinup, and in my opinion will blow the main roster away when she gets called up.

Team Kawaii is now a thing. They had Kairi Sane tagged with Dakota Kai vs Lacey Evans and Shayna Bazler. Fun match, but my gut tells me Kairi wins Saturday. With Io Shirai signed to NXT and Rhonda Rosey on the main roster it makes too much sense for Shayna not to drop the title and be called up.

War Machine from RoH is now known as the War Raiders. They had a fun opening match with Oney Lorcan's tag team.

Donovan Dijak is now Dominic Dijancovic with a Czech themed gimmick. I've seen this guy a lot between Chaotic Wrestling, Beyond, and RoH. I've seen him some pretty athletic stuff, but he has always been a bit of a big guy power move wrestler... Until tonight. The man was insane as the surprise opponent vs Ciampa doing crazy high flyer stuff. The best way I can describe his new signature move is Zangief from Street Fighter's spinning double clothesline move from the top rope to the outside of the ring! He keeps this I think he's the next big thing like Cena.

The brit boys Mustache Mountain had one hell of a match against Undisputed Era. It went back and forth so much I really thought they might have had a title change. These guys are good.

Velvet Dream had an okay match against Pete Dunne. The match was slow to start but really picked up tempo near the end. They went real old school with the finish with Pete nearly tapping befor eye raking Velvet and hitting his finisher for the win.

Bianca Belair faced Deonna Purrazo in a weird one. Bianca is supposed to be the all about me kiss my booty heel, but Deonna comes out to evil gothic sounding music and doing the arrogant Helmsley bow wearing a cape. The crowd didn't seem to know who to get behind as both were cheered and booed as they both used heel taunts and cheap shot moves. The in ring skill was great though even if it ended with a bit of a squash in the last half with Bianca just beating down and overpowering Deonna. Bianca is something special too. I certainly see her getting called up in the future.

Adam Cole was his usual self in a pretty entertaining match against EC3 that saw the first few minutes taken by EC3 grabbing Cole's shirt and chucking it into the crowd repeatedly with the crowd throwing it back after Cole himself pretended to throw it. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but EC3 looked like he was channeling the Ultimate Warrior out there with some of his mannerisms.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Probably kick out Adam Cole and soon after that he gets called up to the main roster.
My guess is Strong gets kicked out at some point (probably gets blamed for losing the tag titles again when it happens) and the original UE go up to the main roster together. I just can't see them not having Cole in UE or breaking it up considering how strong they've made the stable as a whole. At the very least, you bring them up to the main roster together and see what happens.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad