WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Have to agree on some of the sentiments on Drew McIntyre. I don't hate it, or him, but I'm not like pumped up to see him in a title match or to be champion.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm with Kimi.

Drew was one of the top few guys I wanted WWE to sign when they expanded/split the rosters. Think he's terrific.

Having said that I've not seen much of his NXT work yet.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I wish I felt anything watching Alestair Black. Really good, but I'm just not connecting with the guy.

Oney 4 next champ

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Just re-watched Bayley/Asuka II from Brooklyn II, my god the crowd was so hot for this match, it was awesome. The last couple minutes of this matcha are absolutely amazing.

Bayley was so over too, WWE has ruined her.

Asuka also has such an aura around her during her TakeOver entrances, you just know she's gonna beat the holy hell out of her opponent(s) :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just re-watched Bayley/Asuka II from Brooklyn II, my god the crowd was so hot for this match, it was awesome. The last couple minutes of this matcha are absolutely amazing.

Bayley was so over too, WWE has ruined her.

Asuka also has such an aura around her during her TakeOver entrances, you just know she's gonna beat the holy hell out of her opponent(s) :laugh:

I don't think it was Asuka's entrance as it was just Asuka herself.

I was in the crowd that night though and Bayley was the most over person in the building, if only slightly more than Nakamura, and Bayley losing felt more profound than Nakamura winning.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
cien almas, zero pants. not sure what are they doing. hopefuly a better push, but i dont think i like this chick tellling him what to do.

next week should be amazing, strong vs drew

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Zelina is giving Andrade more than he had before, she's bringing the intensity that he doesn't have, and then if only she's a voice, they'll be alright. I don't think it'll get him very far when it's said and done, but it's fine for him right now. Zelina will end up being the star, regardless. They're desperate for a new star from Mexico, so I think they'll work hard to make this work as long as Andrade is up to the challenge. There really isn't anyone else waiting in the wings here. No Way Jose should be coming up to the main roster pretty soon, maybe after SummerSlam. His time has run it's course, he's not going to get anymore over, and he's going to die is he keeps jobbing. Time to make a move.

Don't see where else he goes, maybe they use him as a body for the tag tournament. We all know his ceiling is that of a warm-up act much like Enzo & Cass.

The more this build goes on for the Takeover show, the more I think Asuka/Ember will be the main event. Or at least should be. Asuka definitely deserves to main event a show before she leaves. The main feud among the men has the title as really a periphery part of the equation. Roode and McIntyre are going to have this match, but the focus is still on Strong, and then Roode says he'll put the title up for Strong even after Strong said he didn't care about it. They payoff in a feud involving the champion, doesn't include the championship, and Strong has made that pretty clear. So, if that's where they're going, why do I care about the match with McIntyre? They look like they want to put Strong over Roode without Roode dropping the title.

AOP firmly established as faces for the match at Takeover, although I think Sanity will still get the cheers.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Have to agree on some of the sentiments on Drew McIntyre. I don't hate it, or him, but I'm not like pumped up to see him in a title match or to be champion.

I just want it to happen so Roode can get called up and Black can move up.

I do agree Drew doesn't blow me away.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So is the NXT title a triple threat or what? Drew as the only challenger is boring and does nothing for me. I want a good NXT title match.

Brooklyn III is probably one of the least hyped TakeOvers for me in a while. I still expect it to deliver like they always do but this ones just not grabbing me like the others have. Whats the full card?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Right now, it's:

Roode/McIntyre
Asuka/Ember
AOP/Sanity
Itami/Black
Gargano/Almas

Should be one mire coming, but it will be impromptu.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Right now, it's:

Roode/McIntyre
Asuka/Ember
AOP/Sanity
Itami/Black
Gargano/Almas

Should be one mire coming, but it will be impromptu.
I'm wondering if there's a UK title match. PROGRESS have a show this weekend with a match for the UK title being advertised by WWE, something might happen there to set a match up for Takeover.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm wondering if there's a UK title match. PROGRESS have a show this weekend with a match for the UK title being advertised by WWE, something might happen there to set a match up for Takeover.

For Chicago they promoted the match much better than this has. I wonder if the deal with Adam Cole is done yet because this is the stage you would want to have his first match, not at the next taping. Nobody from the UK has so much been mentioned since then, and there doesn't seem to be any plans for it. Bate should still be getting a rematch. They also need something to promote the women's tournament.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I am more interested in Roode vs Strong then Drew going for the NXT title. Drew should be a guy I like but I am just not into him in NXT. I hope he doesn't get the title, and honestly he probably would be better off on Raw or Smackdown.

Street Profits are fun team but Fortez is the one with talent. Dawkins showed why he was been floundering in NXT for years. Fortez has some star potential in him very athletic and lots of charisma. I bet he is the brains behind the gimmick.

AOP vs Sanity is interesting because they are both heels though it seems like AOP is being set up as the faces. Not sure how that will go over in Brooklyn. I am a fan of Sanity but I don't see them coming out with the belts.

Cien needs a push or to be called up. He has floundered around in NXT so either do something with him there or move him up. Itami and Jose are in the same boat. All 3 should be moved when the superstar shake up happens.

Lorcan and Burch fun hard hitting match. They might have one more in them but I see them teaming up soon. NXT tag team division is going to improve shortly. ReDragon will re team for sure. Street Profits. Heavy Machinery still kicking around. I see Burch/Lorcan forming a team. I guess its right about that time for the Dusty Classic so it makes sense.

NXT has been on fire lately. I expect a bit of a post takeover lull which usually happens because they have a bunch of filler before they can tape again but after a bit of a slow period they are getting back to their ways.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Oney will get over a bit more with another hard hitting match vs Burch.

I would feud him with Almas and just have them beat the hell out of each other, trading wins. Then ultimately Almas gets the upperhand in the rubber match and is in a much better position. Oney will get babyface sympathy that way too.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't see Burch as a main roster guy.
Nor does WWE. He isn't signed to a contract, just works freelance. I can see them using him and Lorcan in a tag team for a while though, especially to pad out the roster. They'd be the kind of team who the fans would get behind so you can beat them a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->