WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'd never seen Riddle fight before. Wasn't enough time there to really judge him, but I'm very intrigued. By far the most MMA-looking wrestling I've seen.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
war games... wow.

i just learnt Humberto Carrilla is Ultimo Ninja? wtf . why they unmasked him :(

I'd never seen Riddle fight before. Wasn't enough time there to really judge him, but I'm very intrigued. By far the most MMA-looking wrestling I've seen.

pretty amazing. youtube him.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Holy shit I just got home from Coral Gables and the fact that that whole show wont be seen by anyone outside the building is criminal.
Montez Ford vs Brazilian guy
Belair and Lacey vs Candace and (??)
Undisputed Era vs War Machine & Black
Ricochet vs Kona...and by handling us hecklers, he made a fan outta me, Kona
Dakota & Kairi vs Jessamin and Marina
Velveteen vs Ciampa

Any of you have a chance to catch NXT, do not pass it over.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They changed the graphics package to the takeover match cards. I am disappoint.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Holy **** I just got home from Coral Gables and the fact that that whole show wont be seen by anyone outside the building is criminal.
Montez Ford vs Brazilian guy
Belair and Lacey vs Candace and (??)
Undisputed Era vs War Machine & Black
Ricochet vs Kona...and by handling us hecklers, he made a fan outta me, Kona
Dakota & Kairi vs Jessamin and Marina
Velveteen vs Ciampa

Any of you have a chance to catch NXT, do not pass it over.

Taking your advice... NXT Live is coming to St. Paul next month and I just bought tickets for me and my boy. He loves UE and Ricochet, so I’m super pumped for him to see them live. I’m probably more excited than him right now, lol.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Taking your advice... NXT Live is coming to St. Paul next month and I just bought tickets for me and my boy. He loves UE and Ricochet, so I’m super pumped for him to see them live. I’m probably more excited than him right now, lol.
The best part is Babatunde, Keith Lee, Roderick, Heavy Machinery and Gargano not being there took nothing away from it feeling like a complete show!

No matter who you're getting, you're likely getting your money's worth.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The best part is Babatunde, Keith Lee, Roderick, Heavy Machinery and Gargano not being there took nothing away from it feeling like a complete show!

No matter who you're getting, you're likely getting your money's worth.
I was kind of wondering who would be there as I didn't think they'd bring the full roster. Otis Dosovic is from Minnesota, so I kind of hope Heavy Machinery comes and he gets a good ovation from the home-state crowd.

How long did the show last? It's on a Saturday, so I don't have to worry about my kid missing any school the next day, but I just assumed it would be a 2-3 hour show.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I was kind of wondering who would be there as I didn't think they'd bring the full roster. Otis Dosovic is from Minnesota, so I kind of hope Heavy Machinery comes and he gets a good ovation from the home-state crowd.

How long did the show last? It's on a Saturday, so I don't have to worry about my kid missing any school the next day, but I just assumed it would be a 2-3 hour show.
It was just under 3 hours. It started about 7:15 and ended around 10. Otis deserves a killer pop no matter where he is, and I could pretty much guarantee he will be there for the home crowd.

Reactions: Engebretson

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I thought Riddle was in his early 20s. I didn't realize he is 32.
This was one of the reasons everyone was saying WWE should sign him right away when he broke out years ago.

He was clearly special, someone who has "it" and the potential to be "the guy", right from the start. He needed ring time, but he was an insanely fast learner and was easily ready for the big time within a year. The time WWE was spending slacking on signing him was cutting into his prime years, not his development ones.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This was one of the reasons everyone was saying WWE should sign him right away when he broke out years ago.

He was clearly special, someone who has "it" and the potential to be "the guy", right from the start. He needed ring time, but he was an insanely fast learner and was easily ready for the big time within a year. The time WWE was spending slacking on signing him was cutting into his prime years, not his development ones.

Hmm wasn't it the other way around and Riddle didn't want to go to WWE? I know he has been on their radar for a long time, but the whole pot thing was always brought up and I think I remember Riddle himself mentioning that he will go to WWE when he is ready.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hmm wasn't it the other way around and Riddle didn't want to go to WWE? I know he has been on their radar for a long time, but the whole pot thing was always brought up and I think I remember Riddle himself mentioning that he will go to WWE when he is ready.
To be fair, what gets said in interviews in regard to signing is rarely honest.

Riddle had always wanted WWE. He would have signed with them after his first tryout years ago if they'd offered a contract, but they didn't because weed. WWE got him the deal with WWN/EVOLVE with the intent of signing him later (and keep him from signing else where), but then didn't offer anything for the same reason.

The reality is that the second that NJPW offer him a contract, WWE instantly (literally instantly) offered him one and he with them right away. That's not a "I'll sign when I'm ready" move.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Worth noting that the culture in Japan with regard to weed, look at Matt Sydal. But they were willing to do Riddle. If NJPW we’re willing to look past it, WWE definitely can.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Worth noting that the culture in Japan with regard to weed, look at Matt Sydal. But they were willing to do Riddle. If NJPW we’re willing to look past it, WWE definitely can.
Indeed. NJPW was going to sign last year (or at least do a tour), but their parent company shut it down before it happened. They finally changed their mind, and suddenly WWE change theirs too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kairi Sane and Io Shirai are my friendship goals.

Going to be all the much sadder when Io turns

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
After watching some youtube, I am hyped with Lee and Riddle in NXT.

Also they need to sent Barthel to NXT UK and reunite him with WALTER in Ringkmpf.

BTW where is the NXT UK thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad