WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
All hail your NXT champ Ciampa.

What a ride. From enhancement talent to NXT Champ, and he did it all before that scoundrel Johnny Wrestling could win a title.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
All hail your NXT champ Ciampa.

What a ride. From enhancement talent to NXT Champ, and he did it all before that scoundrel Johnny Wrestling could win a title.
And I love that they once again did the title change without hurting Black at all.

Does this mean Black gets called up, is it his time yet? I don't see how he doesn't because it's clearly transitioning to another Gargano match, unless they use Black's rematch to delay Gargano getting his hands on the title. They'll need more than just that though, they can't just drop it to him so quickly, that'll suck for Ciampa. Maybe a kayfabe injury to keep Gargano out of action for awhile?

EDIT: I hadn't read the TO Brooklyn card yet. I guess that answers my question.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
That triple threat was pretty good. Nikki is so over. I don't want her to debut on the main roster, but they can do an amazing job of her debut if done right, what with her even more distorted entrance music with the screams.
Especially if they sneak it in when SAnitY's music is playing. The sudden background scream right would be a pretty awesome debut moment once the crowd realizes what it means, and Nikki could come out right as the crowd is lighting up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Especially if they sneak it in when SAnitY's music is playing. The sudden background scream right would be a pretty awesome debut moment once the crowd realizes what it means, and Nikki could come out right as the crowd is lighting up.
Naw, I don't want her debut to have music at all until after she impacts a match. I want one of two options.

1) She sneaks in through the crowd to interfere and give Sanity a win.
2) She randomly appears at ringside during a high profile women's match, distracting everyone in the ring. Kinda like she did vs The Iconic Duo when they were feuding with Ruby.

I actually feel like they missed an opportunity when they had Sanity vs the Usos, since Naomi was ringside (iirc). The should have had Nikki come in and attack Naomi from the crowd.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
the ending of that Black-Ciampa match. the writing is unreal. wow. it's truly amazing how much better it is than the main roster.

can't wait for Takeover.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's really easy to forget but hard to believe how this company is also the same company that routinely f***s up everything on the main roster but gets everything perfect in NXT.

Black still looks strong as hell. Dude had the match won. They get the belt on the hottest dude in North America. They somehow advance the Ciampa/Gargano story even further...AND they gave a fantastic match on a weekly show with A+ wrestling and storytelling across the board.

NXT is just....doing it right.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
And I love that they once again did the title change without hurting Black at all.

Does this mean Black gets called up, is it his time yet? I don't see how he doesn't because it's clearly transitioning to another Gargano match, unless they use Black's rematch to delay Gargano getting his hands on the title. They'll need more than just that though, they can't just drop it to him so quickly, that'll suck for Ciampa. Maybe a kayfabe injury to keep Gargano out of action for awhile?

EDIT: I hadn't read the TO Brooklyn card yet. I guess that answers my question.

I think Black goes up soon. EC3, Ricochet, Keith Lee, and Velveteen dream are going to need some spot light. He had a good run and a decent enough title reign I think Black accomplished all he can in NXT.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Black is done. He doesn't need anymore developing.

I'd assume he gets his rematch/triple threat and moves on.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Gargano will be Tye Dillinger on the main roster

Ciampa might have a chance though.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Gargano will be Tye Dillinger on the main roster

Ciampa might have a chance though.

They both will be on 205 live within 6 months.

Vince cannot book babyfaces correctly and Gargano is WAY too small to even be considered for a top babyface spot. At best, he would have the Finn Balor treatment. And that's at the very best because even if he is small, Balor has a great physique. Gargano, not so much.

Ciampa is a small guy that Vince would use as a chicken shit heel instead of using him like he is right now. A heel like Ciampa doesn't work without a babyface like Gargano and, as I said, Vince doesn't know how to book babyfaces.

They are honestly better off on NXT.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
On the fence about seeing an NXT house show tonight. Tickets are affordable but I'd have to rush out of work to get to the arena. Might save it for Takeover on Survivor Series weekend.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
They both will be on 205 live within 6 months.

Vince cannot book babyfaces correctly and Gargano is WAY too small to even be considered for a top babyface spot. At best, he would have the Finn Balor treatment. And that's at the very best because even if he is small, Balor has a great physique. Gargano, not so much.

I think you see Gargano from last year, he is much more cut than when he started NXT. Not Finn level, but who is :naughty:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
NXT really needs to become its own brand without having to "graduate" every wrestler. It should be a good middle ground where guys can still make good money but its not seen as "developmental" or minor league.

There are lots of guys in NXT who are so over and talented but I just can't see them working on the main roster. Also the main roster is so full that most of the recent call ups don't get much TV time. Its really dog eat dog on main and its hard to take someone elses spot.

If FS1 had interest I would move NXT there and put it to 2 hours. 205 live and NXT UK would stay on the network but work under the NXT brand so cross promotion. I would look into making something like evolve the real "developmental".

Either way NXT is the best brand in wrestling today. I will put NXT's top workers against any other promotion. And then you have the great storylines, characthers, presentation, and commentary. Even f'n Percy has become pretty good LOL.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Can't wait for Ciampa to be on the pre-show of this years WM. Since he will be called up and then creative will have nothing for him

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So refreshing to hear a heel get boo's like this.

Ciampa is the best heel in wrestling.

He is that very very rare heel in this day and age that fans shoot love, but also love kayfabe booing him into oblivion. Usually heels who are over like this start getting mostly cheers by this point. Never vitriol to this extent.

Roman is the only other guy who gets boos like this, but It is go away heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad