Nurse extension still possible?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
No worries, Ken's got this contract stuff figured out now, after the Hyman deal.

Nurse will get 4 million x 15 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd come into negotiations and just lay it down like- I think we can both agree McDavid is the best player in the world he's going to be the highest paid player on the team and Draisaitl isn't too far behind him he's going to be the 2nd highest paid player on the team, Nurse you're going to be the 3rd highest paid player on the team. Then you negotiate from there setting the bounds between I guess what will be Hyman's deal and Draisaitl's deal, with Nurse ultimately being much closer to the Drai end of the scale.

Given that McDavid, Drai, and Nurse are all close and the other 2 have clearly been our better players for a prolonged period of time I don't think Nurse can really argue that he deserves more than Drai. As long as his camp can agree to that basic premise I think negotiations should go relatively smoothly.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
8x8 and get in done now this summer, if he has another break thru season amd the cap goes up he will be looking for 10 mill plus esp if he poutvplays Jones amd Hamilton who is set to make 9 or so aswell

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Can someone refresh my memory, when is the earliest we can extend nurse, on the 28th?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Makar makes 9 and Jones makes 9.5 then that means Nurse should top out at around 8 - 8.5. Unfortunately he holds all the cards now being one year from free agency.

Alik Bordour

Jun 26, 2004
If Nurse doesn't sign extension before training camp, Holland should ************* out of here.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Makar was 2nd in Norris voting, Nurse was 7th, and Seth Jones didn't make the list (meaning no one had him as one of their 5 best d-men on the season).
Jones had a bad year but NHL GMs pay guys based on past performance as well as the most recent year. They obviously expect Jones to rebound when away from a tire fire team. It wasn't long ago he was one of the best.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Nurse has to repeat his last season before any sort of talk like that occurs.

He’ll be locked up this summer, Holland won’t let him get close to free agency after what happened with Larsson. Nurse wants to be here but the risk won’t be taken

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That is nice, since you are so gracious in the advice, let me return some, you know since one good turn deserves another. Maybe do not pollute this site with such dumb comments and you will not garner such an appropriate response.
You create your account when you were 2? Judging by your maturity.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Gets 7.8 over 8 years thats a bit of a home town discount but I honestly believe he wants to stay here and will be an oiler for his career or 90% of it anyway. I think he only gets better over time and takes another step with Keith on the roster now

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The Jones contract is a massive, massive overpay. I've long thought Nurse is going to get $8 million x 8 years. This could go to $8.5 but still think $8 mill/year is realistic.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
That is nice, since you are so gracious in the advice, let me return some, you know since one good turn deserves another. Maybe do not pollute this site with such dumb comments and you will not garner such an appropriate response.

Keep it classy bud!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad