Nurse extension still possible?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I agree. But if he is the only one on LTIR they can get very close to teh upper limit on day 1 so I expect that ges them more space. My sense is that this would typically be the case when you have a number of small contracts that can be waived safely.

A lot of it depends on what the roster looks like. Is EDM going to make any more moves before day 1?

Then some other quirks can come into play, such as do any other players start the season on regular IR? If so then you can bump the final day of training camp Active Roster salary closer to $4.167m over the cap. i.e. 23 healthy players plus anyone on IR/LTIR. Expecting some of those 23 will be sent down on day 1 or later as needed.

Having Bouchard and Broberg on the active roster before using LTIR is very beneficial because you can get their Perf Bonus $'s into the LTIR perf pool if either is send down to the AHL afterward.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I remember when people were crying when we signed Nurse for $5,600,000 lol
It was a pretty bad deal at that time in AAV and term. Took him right to free agency and was much higher than your typical bridge deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad