Confirmed with Link: [NSH/NJD] - Bryan Boyle for 2019 2nd Round Pick

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'd rather have Boyle than Simmonds so that's good. Wish it was a third instead of a second, but whatever. Hate that we even had to do this to replace Watson, but it was necessary.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I really don't want Rocco on a line with Boyle I don't think.

Boyle is going to need to be flanked by speedy wingers.

Assuming Turris comes back soon and we get an upgrade in the top 6:

JOFA
Upgrade - Turris - Fiala
Jarnkrok - Bones - Smith
Grimaldi - Boyle - Hartman

We sure have lots of rightys.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I love it. Not splashy, but great depth add. As for the 2nd, in my opinion, picks outside the 1st are all "meh". No problem giving that up.

Reactions: mackelroy

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I like this trade.

Brings that net front presence some of us have been hoping for. Even just a bit of luck could make a huge different in the worst PP in the league, but this should also help.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, it's ok... I'm not sure really who else was going to fit the Watson-replacement job opening. Boyle has some versatility even if he's slower and not very aggressive. He's big, smart, and brings some good intangibles. He was no doubt going to draw some bids. So that's probably why we pay a slightly higher draft pick than we might otherwise have liked. You kind of want to just give up a 3rd. But enough other teams will have wanted Boyle that you have to give up the 2nd to actually get him.

So much for giving up 2nd+prospect to land the top-6 winger upgrade though. Now that pretty much defaults to giving up our 1st in that trade scenario, whatever it turns out to be. So we'll probably have no 1st or 2nd in the draft again.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I like this trade, everyone on the main boards is criticizing it but for every good player found in the second round you also get yakov trenin’s. So I don’t mind this trade, he will help us with some grit against the Jets
Yeah everyone, but Devils fans. That tells enough...

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Boyle is going to need to be flanked by speedy wingers.

No, that's the absolute last thing you want to do.

And he's not going to play on your 3rd-line, he's going to play on your 4th-line. Book it.

Excellent trade for Nashville IMO.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I said we're not doing anything more than maybe getting a 3-4th liner. I haven't gotten the killer vibe of the 1st Subban season from this season yet.

Eh, we'll wait and see. I just don't know how we beat other teams (in trade value) if we're excluding Fiala and Tolvanen from being traded.

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
Good at faceoffs, leader personality, hard worker, playoff proven, fits well with the preds blue line in front of the net. i like this trade even though the price is high. happy to see boyle in nashville.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Last night is a great example of Brian Boyle:

The Devils are losing 5-1 being embarrassed at home, and everyone already knows the season is 100% over. Time on the game clock expired (i.e. the game's over), but some dumbass King (forget whom) shoots the puck towards the Devils net anyway. Instead of leaving the ice for the locker room Boyle skates over, gets in the guy's face and rattles his cage.

That's a leader. On a lottery team. Imagine what he will do on a Stanley Cup contender.

But yes, he's slower than stagnant molasses on an Alaskan winter's eve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad