Confirmed with Link: [NSH/NJD] - Bryan Boyle for 2019 2nd Round Pick

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Okay, so basically I got suckered by fake news. Carry on.

Boyle will be valuable so long as he's used on the 4th-line, or as an injury replacement for the 3rd-line.

Yeah whoever that guy is doesn't know what he's talking about and should immediately be unfollowed.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The only thing I can think of is Boyle was listed as a second liner at practice, and Turris is typically the 2C, but that tweet seems like a lot of assumptions

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Seems like Todd Cordell looks only at Corsi to make a determination of a player.

That line didn't really have success, but I wouldn't say things didn't go well. First game on a new team after 60 mins of practice, slotted into a new line centered by a guy who just missed a good chunk of games. No shots, but plenty of good things happened to give reason for optimism.

Reactions: bdub24

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It's fine. It's going to take awhile until the coaching staff finds the right fit for Boyle going forward.

As far as the game goes I thought he kept up fine. We knew he was going to be slow but I didn't feel he was a detriment. I was a little surprised about how weak he was on the puck but I'm not about making assessments and evaluations after one game. He's going to be an asset for us. Glad he's here.

Reactions: bdub24 and PJ817

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's fine. It's going to take awhile until the coaching staff finds the right fit for Boyle going forward.

As far as the game goes I thought he kept up fine. We knew he was going to be slow but I didn't feel he was a detriment. I was a little surprised about how weak he was on the puck but I'm not about making assessments and evaluations after one game. He's going to be an asset for us. Glad he's here.
I'd put a lot of it on the fact it was his first game, not super familiar with the players or systems and thinking more than just playing. Just a bit of hesitation can make a big difference.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Seems like Todd Cordell looks only at Corsi to make a determination of a player.

That line didn't really have success, but I wouldn't say things didn't go well. First game on a new team after 60 mins of practice, slotted into a new line centered by a guy who just missed a good chunk of games. No shots, but plenty of good things happened to give reason for optimism.
Josi rang one off the post while BB was parked right in front of the goalie. It's a good place for him.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Yeah, Boyle doesn't belong with Turris and that will change as Turris moves back to 2C and Boyle will probably play with Bonino which will work better for him. Looks like they have Boyle playing 4C in practice today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I still think Boyle shouldn’t be on a scoring line. He should be 4C or 4LW and on the PK on the PP screening the goalie. That’s where we get the most out of him.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I liked what I saw. By first glance, he's not gonna contribute much offensively on ES, but he's a good bottom 6'er that excels in special teams situations. Much what we were supposed to get, right?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Boyle replaces Watson. But we had Watson last year against the jets and still got manhandled. Someone like stone or simmonds is a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad