Confirmed with Link: [NSH/NJD] - Bryan Boyle for 2019 2nd Round Pick

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
So, hopefully, ya'll be welcoming a new fan to your team :)

Been his fan since Rags; what you only know of him is on a stat sheet and he brings so much more to his teams than any of that will ever show

#GoPreds - and EVEN if you meet the Bolts in SCF, I will cheer for you (loudly, at that)

0eNZxpa.jpg

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Having seen many games of the NJD, i think that Boyle is a nice addition.

When the NJD would be struggling ... you would have him scoring the tendency shifting goal. (seen more than once)

i am sure many of us will be happy in the future.

Reactions: PJ817

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Devils fan here. Enjoy him. There are times where on the ice he can make you lose it and get you frustrated, but he will be a solid addition leadership wise, has a lot of playoff hockey under his belt, can be clutch, can play a rough game if it calls for it, and my favorite is how he gives interviews that are not cliched and has no issue calling out a shit performance.

He's a good utility player with some solid hands, grit, and leadership qualities.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
If by surprised, you mean he's double-trailer 18 wheeler slow rather than dump truck loaded with concrete slow, then yes, you'll be surprised. :sarcasm:
I don't seem to remember Hartnell being particularly fast last year either...

Boyle will be a 4th liner for sure here and they can mix/match Sissons on 3rd and 4th line when McCleod takes a fighting major in the 10 or so games he'll play in in the regular season. But net front on the power play and PK'er that's excelled past adversity in life, we need that with this group! I like this trade and fine with bringing Cody back too.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I remember coming to Nashville a few years ago, thinking what a great city it'd be to live in. Was shocked by how gorgeous it was in every season.

Then I went to a hockey game there. Quickly looking for ear plugs, airplane quality :naughty:

Two years ago, I cheered for you guys.:D

Last year, I cheered for you guys too.:nod:

This year, I send you all the joo-joo, good vibes, mojo, oooopmph an old hag can give you and, I bought this :nod:

364aB8D.png

(Sorry, New Jersey, but Boyle is gone and my allegiance follows the name on the back, not the emblem on the front)

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
We will see, awful lot of expectation from a 4th liner.

4th liner or not, Boyle has more Power Play goals this year than every single player on the Preds roster. He has more Power Play points than everyone not named Josi or Johansen. Josi and Johansen have played 40-50 minutes more than him on the PP. Just sayin'

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Boyle also has a shorty, against Pissburgh

Boyle also clears the crease in front of goalie (Kinky's #s would be far worse without #11)

Boyle also poke checks well at very opportune times

Boyle also protects the crease with his body if needed as in, goalie out of position

Boyle also blocks shots

Boyle also protects teammates

Boyle has no ego, is selfless and will give 100%

Boyle will play back on defense if he sees a play going badly, many assume that's because he's slow, no because he's smart (and is slower than a kid of 20 with a height of 5'9" that would break like a toothpick if bumped)

Boyle will be quiet and learn from his teammates and speak up when needed; he's not brash, or rude

Boyle will ... become a fan favorite - just like he did with Rags, Bolts, Leafs, Devs and now, you guys

Did I mention that Boyle brought a SLEW of new fans to Nashville? Not that you needed us, or necessarily wanted us, but here we are. Cheering you on!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
4th liner or not, Boyle has more Power Play goals this year than every single player on the Preds roster. He has more Power Play points than everyone not named Josi or Johansen. Josi and Johansen have played 40-50 minutes more than him on the PP. Just sayin'
Since we traded for him, let's take this as a positive! Of course, otherwise it is just another cringeworthy indictment of our PP. :(

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
@Tex76 if he were a crappy player or worse, crappy person, I'd never cheer for him or follow his career

I don't know much about his real life as that's, to me, private and where it should be

But his NHL life? Love this guy - so happy to cheer for Preds (now to get tix to games ... :oops:)

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Welcome back MM!

Thanks man! Hectic at the end of last year for me, zero free time.

Since we traded for him, let's take this as a positive! Of course, otherwise it is just another cringeworthy indictment of our PP. :(

It's not like he's coming from a great power play himself. He was second on the Devils in PP goals and had twice the amount of the 3rd place guy. He's tied with Malkin, Tavares, Seguin, Panarin etc. with 6 goals and he's played much less PP time than most of them. He would've been tied for 4th on the Preds last year in PP goals and he only played 140 minutes mostly on the second unit in Jersey that year. Seems like a pretty decent Power Play guy to me based on the numbers.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Boyle also has a shorty, against Pissburgh

Boyle also clears the crease in front of goalie (Kinky's #s would be far worse without #11)

Boyle also poke checks well at very opportune times

Boyle also protects the crease with his body if needed as in, goalie out of position

Boyle also blocks shots

Boyle also protects teammates

Boyle has no ego, is selfless and will give 100%

Boyle will play back on defense if he sees a play going badly, many assume that's because he's slow, no because he's smart (and is slower than a kid of 20 with a height of 5'9" that would break like a toothpick if bumped)

Boyle will be quiet and learn from his teammates and speak up when needed; he's not brash, or rude

Boyle will ... become a fan favorite - just like he did with Rags, Bolts, Leafs, Devs and now, you guys

Did I mention that Boyle brought a SLEW of new fans to Nashville? Not that you needed us, or necessarily wanted us, but here we are. Cheering you on!

This every bit of this. Boyle will help the special teams and be that net front presence everyone has wanted he is better than Hartnell at it as well. Much of his game reminds me of Gaustad. He is not really fast but will be loved in the room and in the community. His addition and Cody address the physical presence the team needs. They will not fix the scoring, I expect Poile will make another move to address that.

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
I think some people that aren’t a fan of this trade underestimate just how bad our 4th line would stack up against top teams, assuming Watson doesn’t return. Boyle’s the perfect player to add there and he play the 3rd line if need be. He has more experience than anybody else on our team, having been to two cup finals and two conference finals and is extremely versatile. The second is steep but if the forwards get injured like the 2017 cup run, playing Boyle son the 3rd line is a lot better than what we had during the Pens series.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I think there is a decent chance that he will re-sign here for next season depending on what his wishes are in regards to his family and stuff.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
How is it not good? Boyle is a good guy, a good leader, a verstatile player. Trading lesser assets for him will turn out good, you'll see.
Oh, I don't disagree, I like his addition. I partially mis-read your post and was attempting to add to the mis-read snarkiness.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
He instantly becomes the #2 PP scorer on the team. Net front presence. Can he pass? Pairing him with Rocco might turn Rocco into a cherry picking fool.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Why did I think he was a defenseman?

And is this the guy that had cancer and beat it? If so I'll take that karma..

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
This every bit of this. Boyle will help the special teams and be that net front presence everyone has wanted he is better than Hartnell at it as well. Much of his game reminds me of Gaustad. He is not really fast but will be loved in the room and in the community. His addition and Cody address the physical presence the team needs. They will not fix the scoring, I expect Poile will make another move to address that.
I think you'd be surprised at how well he scores being on the 4th line...

He's got 19 points (13 G, 6 A) and on pace to beat his 2015 year of 24 points

Right now, he is:

8 points ahead of Paquette from Bolts (4L C)
6 points ahead of Copp from Jets (4L C)
8 points ahead of Foligono from Wild (4L LW)
17 points ahead of Hendricks from Wild (4L C)
13 points ahead of Dries from Avs (4L C)
14 points ahead of Bourke from Avs (4L RW)
14 points ahead of Ritchie from Stars (4L RW)
13 points ahead of Hintz from Stars (4L C)

And I could go on ...

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Why did I think he was a defenseman?

And is this the guy that had cancer and beat it? If so I'll take that karma..
He's a VERY defensive forward; he will always protect his goalie

In the games I saw here in Tampa, he did things that made me call him a D-O-G Defense, Offense, Goalie; there was one play where my jaw dropped

Defense is in tatters, Vasy is out of the net, Boyle sees the corner wide open, slides on his knees into the crease and blocks that corner, saving the goal (he did not get hit with the puck but he blocked any chance the player had to score)

As a Devil, and Bolt, I saw him just "happen" to be in the right place at the right time to sweep the puck out of the crease and save a goal; it's like his body has a magnet for the puck - wherever it is, he'll be by it; and he's smart

Now, does he make mistakes? Yep, he does; I blame him for a brain fart against the Flybabies that cost a goal but by and large, he comes up big and often (and yes, he's not as fast as the younger, smaller players but they also don't take body shots for the team)

Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->