Confirmed with Link: [NSH/NJD] - Bryan Boyle for 2019 2nd Round Pick

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Why did I think he was a defenseman?

And is this the guy that had cancer and beat it? If so I'll take that karma..
He was looking like a bust for a time (he was the favorite whipping boy of a very vocal poster on an old Kings message board) and the Kings tried to convert him to a d-man at one point. Believe he played as such during a season or two in college. Converted him back, didn't play poorly during his relatively brief stint with the Kings, then got dealt.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I remember coming to Nashville a few years ago, thinking what a great city it'd be to live in. Was shocked by how gorgeous it was in every season.

Then I went to a hockey game there. Quickly looking for ear plugs, airplane quality :naughty:

Two years ago, I cheered for you guys.:D

Last year, I cheered for you guys too.:nod:

This year, I send you all the joo-joo, good vibes, mojo, oooopmph an old hag can give you and, I bought this :nod:

364aB8D.png

(Sorry, New Jersey, but Boyle is gone and my allegiance follows the name on the back, not the emblem on the front)
Welcome! We’re happy to have you aboard.

Reactions: braindead and PJ817

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
"Steep price". That will get said by the same people who are ok with trading a 3rd. Don't worry about where in the round that pick is though...

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The price is a tad high considering how bad our prospect pool is. But, he sounds like a great addition. I hope his no nonsense attitude will spark some others (looking at you Joey).

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Nobody can argue that the price wasn't pretty high. Does it matter, though that's another thing I think Boyle is a really good addition to the bottom-6 especially now with Watson out. That 2nd rounder probably wouldn't help us during this window anyways.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The price was high for a 34 year old bottom sixer. It feels like a steal though considering other deadline deals Poile has made. Witt, Santorelli, Franson, Gaustad.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I love Boyle even though he’s lost a step; pretty happy with this move. Good size and netfront presence.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
An angle I hadn't considered was Poile just set/raised the price for other rentals that our competitors may be seeking. Not a bad play getting in first

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
A bit late, but you guys are going to love this guy. Huge class act who is physical and can hold his own. Seeing him moved there makes me root for you guys cup wise. This man deserves the cup, as does the team of course.

What are the odds of him being resigned? Tempted to pick up his jersey

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
A bit late, but you guys are going to love this guy. Huge class act who is physical and can hold his own. Seeing him moved there makes me root for you guys cup wise. This man deserves the cup, as does the team of course.

What are the odds of him being resigned? Tempted to pick up his jersey

It's possible he gets resigned, but IMO it depends on how well he fits in and the ultimate fate of Watson. If he meshes well and Watson's career is done, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back.

Reactions: Taluss

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Everyone still worried about his speed after watching a game now? He's going to do just fine here.

Thank you! I've watched this guy for about 10 years; yes, I'm a female but it's got ZERO to do with that (I'm also an old hag who just happens to love hockey).

This guy - this Boyler - does so many little things that after a few games, and he gets to know the Preds from inside vs prepping to hammer them, is going to light it up

I could see he was a little out of sync with the guys on a play in our :D zone; normally, he'd have been planted in front to help our goalie (OUR!!! :D )

I could also see the guys were trying to get him the tip-in but he was just slightly out of sync, again, with the line but

That will come; he's had 1 hour with the team on ice in practice and that's it... ordered my GOLD #11 Boyler (it'll fit with my Rags, Bolts, Devs #22 and #11s)

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Memo to Peter Laviolette: Brian Boyle is (obviously) not a 2nd-line player

He may as well try to use a stapler as a screwdriver.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017

He wasn't on the 2nd line. He only had about 12 minutes ES TOI. This was Turris' first game in a long time. Fiala-Bonino-Smith was the second line. The Boyle line was awful, but I'll write that off given the circumstances. Sissons-Bonino-Boyle makes more sense to me, just drop him right where Watson was playing.

Reactions: PJ817

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Actually, if you open the hinge up on the stapler, turn the bottom plank on its side, it works perfectly well as a flat-head screw driver; one could also use the front "teeth" of the staple dispenser as a flat head screwdriver too.:naughty:

@Mortiest Morty 14:00 TOI, -1 :(

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

He was a 2nd liner on paper but I'm guessing in the more frequent situations where McLeod sits and Grimaldi plays, Boyle will have a more defined bottom six role.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Actually, if you open the hinge up on the stapler, turn the bottom plank on its side, it works perfectly well as a flat-head screw driver; one could also use the front "teeth" of the staple dispenser as a flat head screwdriver too.:naughty:

@Mortiest Morty 14:00 TOI, -1 :(

14:00 total TOI. He played PK and PP

Reactions: PJ817

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad