Confirmed Trade: [NSH/NJD] Brian Boyle for 2019 2nd round pick

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
good for Boyle, as much as he's a big nasty dude to play against, he's one that you like to see good things happen for. I don't know that he's a huge impact for Nashville but certainly doesn't hurt

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Somewhere out there CBGB is silently weeping to himself that Boyle managed to carve out a pretty decent NHL career.

I do have a faint recollection of CBGB going on about Boyle. I have a hard time imagining that he does anything silently, though... especially weeping.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
With Grimaldi and Boyle I have a new favorite team to win from the west.

Great pickup for the Preds. I'm guessing the people saying he's just some 4th line player haven't watched him play much.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Ranking players based on lines is pure laziness. Boyle is the perfect utility player. He can play wing/center and the PP/PK. He can also throw down if need be. There is still about 1 1/2 of hockey left not including a long playoff run. It’s insurance to have a guy who can play up and down the lineup. I honestly think he is worth more than Marcus Johansson or other one demential players.

Reactions: HBK27

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
We don't need to give futures away for Brian ****ing slowpoke Boyle. Besides, that's rich coming from you considering your "elite" team is just 1 point ahead of the Habs. That's sad, since you supposedly have (according to you guys) the greatest players on Earth, the best of everything, bla bla bla, and the Habs just don't have any good players, nor any depth, on their roster.

The guy battled and beat cancer, have some respect. I’m kinda glad Montreal is doing so well, just pushing back the rebuild another year. Would love to see you in the playoffs over the Bruins in the first round.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Most Habs' fans would be happy with a guy like Boyle as our 4th line C, he's a very solid player. However at this point it doesn't make sense for the Habs to give up a 2nd rounder for a 4th line C as they likely won't get out of the first round.

As a Leaf fan you should be well aware of giving up second rounders for 4th line Cs and then not making it out of the first round.

Fair point, I just don’t like people trash talking a guy that beat a serious disease. You don’t want him on the Habs, keep it to yourself then.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Thank god!! He is so friggin slow! I might be in the minority for devils fans but I am so happy he is gone

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
We need a PK'er, sandpaper, defensively responsible center to play 4th line minutes and make life hard for Winnipeg. If he does that and we got it for a 'fair' price then its a win and we can swing our focus to a top 6 forward.
If that's what you need then you acquired the perfect player.

Going to miss the guy but am happy to see him go to a great org with legit cup potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad