Confirmed Trade: [NSH/NJD] Brian Boyle for 2019 2nd round pick

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seems a bit expensive for the current version of Boyle but whatever . Not sure if he will help the Preds in any way.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Preds getting gritty for the potential Jets match up. Like that move for them.
Did they trade with Flyers? :laugh:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
How about HF Boards and overrating the value of draft picks outside the 1st round?
Modern era of scouting, drafting, development at an all time high. The odds are increasing that 2nd rounders will be far better players than the rentals they're traded for.

Especially just a Boyle type. Nashville is desperate and with good reason to get over the hump but... not a good trade.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Modern era of scouting, drafting, development at an all time high. The odds are increasing that 2nd rounders will be far better players than the rentals they're traded for.

Especially just a Boyle type. Nashville is desperate and with good reason to get over the hump but... not a good trade.
Yah I forgot how elite yakov trenin has become

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

I wouldn't call Nashville desperate, just poised to get to the Finals again. It's worth a pick if you get someone who will make a difference for you.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

Do you have any quantifiable evidence for this claim?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
yup, he went for a 2nd and a contract to the leafs, said in the other thread his value was the same. and boom.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

Teams who consider themselves in win now mode are willing to sacrifice future potential for a chance to win...now.

Reactions: Dialamo

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't get the late 2nd is a high price to pay. Looking through our draft picks...sure there are players that I would prefer that have developed well, but there are a LOT who I have no idea who the hell they are.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I’d assume he re-signs with Devils in the off season since his doctor is close by and his family likes it there.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
These two teams' seconds this decade include Merrill, Severson, Santini, Blackwood, Josi, Salomaki, Aberg, Sissons, Kamanev, Girard. And of course a bunch of busts and players too young yet to know if they'll be NHLers (and some years when they simply didn't have second round picks).

A second is by no means a lock for greatness, but it's a fairly good chance it becomes an NHL player.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Do you have any quantifiable evidence for this claim?
It's merely a hypothesis at this point but looking back in a few years considering the trend of the first round youth being more impactful at younger ages than ever... no reason to think it doesn't trickle down to later rounds.

You really think Boyle is the missing piece? If so the overpayment is fine but surely Nashville could have done better.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
They overpaid but who cares they got who they were targeting. Curious to see how this sets the market for the rest of the sellers. Are the predators done?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Preds have enough C's (RyJo, Turris, Sissons, Bonino, etc).. wonder if this is any indication that Watson will not be back in the lineup for a while because of his off-ice issues since Boyle can also play wing.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Damn a 2nd for Boyle?

Come on Dorion if you’re not a complete dumbass the Sens can get some nice picks and assets back during this firesale.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Tough to imagine Boyle getting any more than that. I wonder if that means that Nashville is going to go all-in this year and make a big move for Stone. Or use their 1st rounder to get a winger.
It seems so. I hope so. I think both Tolvanen and 1st would go the other way if we're getting Stone with an extension. Much like what happened with Turris.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Preds have enough C's (RyJo, Turris, Sissons, Bonino, etc).. wonder if this is any indication that Watson will not be back in the lineup for a while because of his off-ice issues since Boyle can also play wing.
I think so. I didn't feel like we needed to make a move like this until he was out.

Sissons has played winger lately. I believe Boyle replaces Gaudreau in 4th, which alone is a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad