Confirmed Trade: [NSH/MIN] Mikael Granlund for Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was kind of obvious though. Minnesota has been going nowhere fast for the last 3-4 years. The train already passed them, so the only way to advance is to change the lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Dubnyk, Koivu, Zucker will be gone in the summer.
Koivu and Dubnyk won't be going anywhere. Zucker...he gone.

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
Im still shoked at how bad this trade is

Trades like this makes me frustrated when Bergevin does squat on TDL. Even Simmonds would have helped us. Nobody sacrificed their future for a rental. Stone wasnt even a rental, he was a trade and sign. Brannstrom was the price to pay for such a quality player?

Are u ******** kidding me?
Bergevin didn't have the one specific player that Fenton wanted...sometimes you luck out as GM when someone is willing to pay for a specific commodity.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
So what are the Fiala's rumored motivational and locker room problems Preds reddit was fully concerned before the trade? Is there any fire under the smoke?

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So what are the Fiala's rumored motivational and locker room problems Preds reddit was fully concerned before the trade? Is there any fire under the smoke?
I had heard a few years ago (his first or 2nd season in Nashville) that Josi didn't like him for whatever reason. He's always been a pretty brash type player. He was once suspended by the AHL for flipping off the opposing bench after scoring a goal. (It was Milwaukee public schools' yearly field trip to the hockey game). Kevin Fiala Suspended Two-Games by the AHL

He got in a scrap with Arvidsson at practice a few weeks ago.

Other than those two instances it's all a bunch of hearsay. He's a young talented hockey player. He's not the first one to piss off his older teammates by being overly cocky.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I had heard a few years ago (his first or 2nd season in Nashville) that Josi didn't like him for whatever reason. He's always been a pretty brash type player. He was once suspended by the AHL for flipping off the opposing bench after scoring a goal. (It was Milwaukee public schools' yearly field trip to the hockey game). Kevin Fiala Suspended Two-Games by the AHL

Other than those two instances it's all a bunch of hearsay. He's a young talented hockey player. He's not the first one to piss off his older teammates by being overly cocky.

Didn't Fiala drop in his draft year for that reason?

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
It was kind of obvious though. Minnesota has been going nowhere fast for the last 3-4 years. The train already passed them, so the only way to advance is to change the lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of Dubnyk, Koivu, Zucker will be gone in the summer.
Haha true. Look at the situations and the players off. What an S-head

ref19

Oct 3, 2017

Him beating the living crap out of Victor is likely not a bad thing as he needed to be woken up.

Reactions: behemolari

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Granlund is actually a UFA after next year..... but the preds committed robbery here

Preds have good time to decide if they want to extend him, so it's actually safe. This signing makes them much closer to be contender and to win the cup, which will tempt other UFAs too.

I have really hard time to find negativity from this but yeah lets try

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Didn't Fiala drop in his draft year for that reason?

i think he was considered a reach--mostly because he was considered to not be that close to NHL-ready. Which means the Preds must have really scouted him hard and fallen in love with his potential.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Huh? Wild got a haul and Preds got a 15-20 goal, 45-50’assist guy. Good deal.

You changed your tune REAL quick pre-trade to post trade. You're the most staunch defender of the trade now, but a bit before it actually went down you posted this about Granlund to the Preds:

"Boy would he ever get a haul if available.

Don't know if Fiala, Tolvanen, 1st would be enough though. "

Reactions: behemolari

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Preds have good time to decide if they want to extend him, so it's actually safe. This signing makes them much closer to be contender and to win the cup, which will tempt other UFAs too.

I have really hard time to find negativity from this but yeah lets try

Lol what? I 100% agree with you. I think it was fantastic for the preds. I was just correcting those that were saying he was an RFA. Lol

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
You changed your tune REAL quick pre-trade to post trade. You're the most staunch defender of the trade now, but a bit before it actually went down you posted this about Granlund to the Preds:

"Boy would he ever get a haul if available.

Don't know if Fiala, Tolvanen, 1st would be enough though. "
Not true at all. Love the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad