Confirmed Trade: [NSH/MIN] Mikael Granlund for Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Not true at all. Love the return.
What's not true? That's a direct quote. Before the trade went down you said you weren't sure Fiala + Tolvanen + a 1st rounder was enough for Granlund. As soon as the trade happens you're ecstatic to get just Fiala? Sounds like someone might just blindly defend whatever the Minnesota Wild decide to do.

Here's a reply you made before the swap. The poster you replied to called Fiala and Granlund just a swap.

It's a massive jump though.

I still don't know if Fenton would take Fiala, Tolvanen and a 1st tbough.

Also this:

"Fiala and Granlund are miles apart IMO" was posted by another Wild fan. Your reply?
No question

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
I know you're hurting right now. Probably a little disoriented from the super quick 360 you pulled after the trade, but no need to lash out with blatant falsehoods.
What in the F are you talking about?

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
4 lines of plugs. Greenway looks ok.
They still have Zucker, Staal, Greenway, Fiala,
Donato,Kunin, Ek, etc thought. Let’s not pretend like that’s not awesome. Weird comment as they are being out goalied tonight to be honest. Helly
is super underrated as he’s been peppered.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
What in the F are you talking about?

Do you have any actual original thoughts of your own? Or do you just blindly support anything and everything the Wild do? 2 minutes before the trade Granlund was miles better than Fiala and Fiala+Tolvanen+ a 1st wasn't enough in a trade. 2 minutes after the trade they're basically even and the Wild got a "haul" for Granlund? Come on man, have some dignity.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
They still have Zucker, Staal, Greenway, Fiala,
Donato,Kunin, Ek, etc thought. Let’s not pretend like that’s not awesome. Weird comment as they are being out goalied tonight to be honest. Helly
is super underrated as he’s been peppered.

Thats not awesome that mediocre. Zucker is money for sure

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
after one period it looks Minnesota is definitely lost without Granlund, absence of vision and skill is apparent

The real value of the trade is measured after years of course
The amount of roster turnover is probably playing a part. Traded Nino, Granlund and Coyle in the last month. Koivu got injured. Dumba has been injured. It's basically a lost season.

Yet, they keep winning as of late. They've got young players playing big roles and honestly it's exciting to see something new.

Reactions: Al Lagoon and Lapa

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Absolutely pumped that Minnesota traded granlund for fiala, not so pumped that Nashville got granlund for fiala

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
It seems like a bit of an underwhelming return but hopefully it works out for Minny. I can't say I understand their last few trades - it seems to me they left value on the table in all of them.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
You really do have to wonder why no other teams jumped all over this.

Trading is about a bidding war. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that there wasn't a team out there that could have topped Nashville's offer.
Here it is:

Wild didn't get a pick, because Fenton didn't ask for one:
"Fenton said he had been working on a Granlund deal for a while and discussed him with several teams. He did not ask the Predators to include a draft pick." Sarah McLellan, Startribune
This is basically the same as the other 2 big trades Fenton has made (Nino and Coyle). I started thinking this would be the case after the senseless Nino-Rask trade, and now it's confirmed.

And if anyone is wondering, this is the case: what you are seeing here is a lifelong SCOUT turned into a manager (=businessman). He sees things very binary. He sees a player, he likes a player, he picks him. That's it. That's what he has done all his career. The whole business side of things doesn't exist for him. You know, the thing that's the manager's primary responsibility. Like for example creating bidding wars and extracting the max value out of your assets.

Fenton, a scout, sees players. What a competent manager should see, is assets. A big difference.

Keep this in mind whenever a scout is promoted into leading an organisation. VERY different skillsets, and you see the results of that here. "He did not ask the Predators to include a draft pick". Can't imagine a more telling sentence of someone being unqualified to be a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->