Confirmed with Link: [NSH/MIN] Fiala for Granlund

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Two different things. He disrespected the Preds by lying to Poile ... . I have no memory of Jimmy Vessey and don’t want him here but plan on hating him until his career is done. Same for Liarpold.
I don't care about Vesey because ever since that fiasco began I was/still am convinced he was being told by his elitist longtime hockey family what to do and where to go. Kevin Hayes said last summer that Vesey hated the process. Unless Jimmy told his family to go f*** themselves there was no way they'd allow their kid to play in little ole Nashville. It's not the least bit shocking that the teams in on him were New York and Chicago. When Buffalo actually gave us a third rounder for his rights I was like wtf are they doing he'll never go there either.

Reactions: Tex76

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I don't care about Vesey because ever since that fiasco began I was/still am convinced he was being told by his elitist longtime hockey family what to do and where to go. Kevin Hayes said last summer that Vesey hated the process. Unless Jimmy told his family to go **** themselves there was no way they'd allow their kid to play in little ole Nashville. It's not the least bit shocking that the teams in on him were New York and Chicago. When Buffalo actually gave us a third rounder for his rights I was like wtf are they doing he'll never go there either.
What a coup that was to get a 3rd in hindsight. That 3rd ended up being Rem Pitlick who is a pretty decent prospect himself.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
What a coup that was to get a 3rd in hindsight. That 3rd ended up being Rem Pitlick who is a pretty decent prospect himself.

Pitlick is promising but I dunno about a coup. Vesey has 16 goals on the season so far (would be 3rd in Nashville) on a bad Rangers team and has had 16 and 17 goal seasons his first two seasons. Granted he plays top line and gets top PP minutes for them now that Hayes and Zuccarello are gone, but he's holding his own in a top 6 role which is what was expected of him.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Pitlick is promising but I dunno about a coup. Vesey has 16 goals on the season so far (would be 3rd in Nashville) on a bad Rangers team and has had 16 and 17 goal seasons his first two seasons. Granted he plays top line and gets top PP minutes for them now that Hayes and Zuccarello are gone, but he's holding his own in a top 6 role which is what was expected of him.
A coup in the sense that we were about to get nothing for him

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

Vesey has been a mediocre middle 6 player so far for his career. I think that's exactly what Pitlick would project to. It is interesting how that has played out.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Pitlick is still more productive than what Vesey would've given us which is absolutely nothing because he was never coming here.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He did what his daddy told him to do, which lots of young men would also do. That said, the lying that went on around that thing was just down right pathetic, which never made any sense to start with. There was zero reason for it because it wouldn't have changed the outcome on their end.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
He did what his daddy told him to do, which lots of young men would also do. That said, the lying that went on around that thing was just down right pathetic, which never made any sense to start with. There was zero reason for it because it wouldn't have changed the outcome on their end.
That was my only real issue with this along with the Suter deal as well. I felt as a fan based we were lied to by the agents and players alike. If you don't want to play in Nashville then fine by me. Just be up front and honest about it and I'll bet we wouldn't be booing them every time they touch the puck on our home ice to this day.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah the real piece of crap in this whole deal was likely Vesey's dad. I'll bet he ate it up every time he was in Nashville to support his kid. All the while knowing he was going to be doing everything in his power to steer him elsewhere.

It's too bad Forsberg couldn't have butt checked that dude instead.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That was my only real issue with this along with the Suter deal as well. I felt as a fan based we were lied to by the agents and players alike. If you don't want to play in Nashville then fine by me. Just be up front and honest about it and I'll bet we wouldn't be booing them every time they touch the puck on our home ice to this day.
I dunno. We boo Jason Spezza (or we did) because he said he didn't want to play here. I'll be honest, I have a problem with people rejecting us, particularly those who have been a part of the organization in some way. In hindsight, I think there was a little gamesmanship going on by Poile. There probably wasn't as much lying as there was responding in a way he didn't want them to. I think he knew all along that he could make them into the bad guys, and in doing so rev up the fan base. I mean, I'm revved, right? And I'm serene, not a reactor usually. A GM with as much experience and as good of a track record as DP will absolutely not have that situation happen twice unless it was by design.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I dunno. We boo Jason Spezza (or we did) because he said he didn't want to play here. I'll be honest, I have a problem with people rejecting us, particularly those who have been a part of the organization in some way. In hindsight, I think there was a little gamesmanship going on by Poile. There probably wasn't as much lying as there was responding in a way he didn't want them to. I think he knew all along that he could make them into the bad guys, and in doing so rev up the fan base. I mean, I'm revved, right? And I'm serene, not a reactor usually. A GM with as much experience and as good of a track record as DP will absolutely not have that situation happen twice unless it was by design.
Really? You think Poile didn't make a move at the deadline just to make them look bad? Everything they were saying publicly was that he was signing here, and then he gets done and the tune changes.

Now once it was over I think Poile absolutely wanted to make them look bad, but I don't think it took a whole lot of effort on his part to do so. I think most people saw pretty clearly what was happening and dear old Dad had his fingers right in the middle of it.

In the end he just ended up costing his son money, both in increased taxes in NY and the fact he got to RFA status a year later.

Reactions: Enoch

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Really? You think Poile didn't make a move at the deadline just to make them look bad? Everything they were saying publicly was that he was signing here, and then he gets done and the tune changes.

Now once it was over I think Poile absolutely wanted to make them look bad, but I don't think it took a whole lot of effort on his part to do so. I think most people saw pretty clearly what was happening and dear old Dad had his fingers right in the middle of it.

In the end he just ended up costing his son money, both in increased taxes in NY and the fact he got to RFA status a year later.
Not exactly. Unless negotiations have become irretrievably broken, every player makes a similar statement, "I want to stay in x, we're just hoping the deal gets done" or "I love x...and would love to stay there." I used to believe them but now it is just part of the process. After thinking about it over the years, I think that Poile had made so many public statements about getting the deals done that when they didn't materialize he had to save face. I think Suter was probably mumbly mumbly about his plans as opposed to concrete about them and Poile heard what he wanted to hear. He should have been prepared for that with Vesey but they played out very similarly. So, after acting like they were the ones saying they were IN, why NOT turn them into reviled enemies, whether they were or not?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not exactly. Unless negotiations have become irretrievably broken, every player makes a similar statement, "I want to stay in x, we're just hoping the deal gets done" or "I love x...and would love to stay there." I used to believe them but now it is just part of the process. After thinking about it over the years, I think that Poile had made so many public statements about getting the deals done that when they didn't materialize he had to save face. I think Suter was probably mumbly mumbly about his plans as opposed to concrete about them and Poile heard what he wanted to hear. He should have been prepared for that with Vesey but they played out very similarly. So, after acting like they were the ones saying they were IN, why NOT turn them into reviled enemies, whether they were or not?
No offense but turning someone into an enemy doesn't seem like Poile's style. I think Suter absolutely kept Poile on the fence, it increased his bargaining power both here and in free agency. Yeah maybe Poile believed what he wanted too, but that doesn't mean Suter wasn't feeding him a line of bull so he didn't get shipped out to crapville for picks.

The Vesey's, well I think the son was willing, but Dad wasn't about to let that happen. Now I do put a bit of it on Poile because I think he pushed him so hard for an answer it became easier to tell him what he wanted to hear. I think the deception was more on his people than actual Vesey though, he was just doing what he was advised to do.

Afterwards though I don't think Poile tried to make either look like the enemy. I don't think he had to, the natural statements and facts did that for him.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
No offense but turning someone into an enemy doesn't seem like Poile's style. I think Suter absolutely kept Poile on the fence, it increased his bargaining power both here and in free agency. Yeah maybe Poile believed what he wanted too, but that doesn't mean Suter wasn't feeding him a line of bull so he didn't get shipped out to crapville for picks.
Certainly there is that aspect. And it could have been a combination of both. In the end, though, I have long held doubts that things went down exactly like Poile said but what he did put the fans squarely in his court and, particularly at that time, that is most important.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Certainly there is that aspect. And it could have been a combination of both. In the end, though, I have long held doubts that things went down exactly like Poile said but what he did put the fans squarely in his court and, particularly at that time, that is most important.
Eh neither Suter nor Vesey did much to refute it so I doubt it was that far off.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Booing Suter, Vesey or Radulov is the equivalent of hating your ex even though you're married to a supermodel. I just think it's dumb and we should be above it. Our team is in a far better place than Minnesota, NYR, or Dallas. Who cares what these guys do?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Booing Suter, Vesey or Radulov is the equivalent of hating your ex even though you're married to a supermodel. I just think it's dumb and we should be above it. Our team is in a far better place than Minnesota, NYR, or Dallas. Who cares what these guys do?
Screw that. I enjoy watching them wallow in mediocrity and hope they never win a thing.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Radulov doesn’t bother me as much for some reason. Vesey doesn’t either. Suter can F off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad