"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
snoopy-dance.gif

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm not a fan of this as I've felt like Fiala has been getting better and better lately. Poile may have won in the now but I really think this trade is a loss in the long run.

I wrote this and am now second guessing myself.

Fiala gave a leg for this team!

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Mikael Granlund has 185 points in his last 221 games. He is also extremely good defensively.

You guys don't even understand what kind of a fleecing this is. Bascially he's been close to Mark Stone's level the past 3 years. Yeah, this season he's slowed down after a really good start, but i think that has more to do with Minnesota Wild than him...

Last edited:

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I honestly am not upset with this.

Not sure anybody should be. I'm as big of a Fiala fan as it gets, but Fiala will be lucky to be as good as Granlund. 26, not even old, 1 1/2 years left on his contract.

Maybe an attempt to get a stronger playmaker for the second line?

Edit: I can't read contract lengths.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch

You

Jul 1, 2010
Great trade, who'd we get?

Just trolling, but almost. We'll always have the Blackhawks goal and the towel, not sure we were ever going to get too much else other than possession stats for their own sake.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The only thing I'm a bit worried about is Granlund's age and contract. He's looking for a big raise in 2020 but we're probably trading one of the top-4 before that. Also, he's a cheaper option for this and next year so we can pretty much go with this team to next year as well.

But he's a big upgrade on Fiala who was a disappointment this year. Still think he's gonna figure it out but Granlund's a 70 point winger/center and a better player.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm not a fan of this as I've felt like Fiala has been getting better and better lately. Poile may have won in the now but I really think this trade is a loss in the long run.

I wrote this and am now second guessing myself.

Fiala gave a leg for this team!
while this may be an upgrade now, i am also worried about the long run.

prime age in hockey is lower than other sports. 23-26 or so compared to 26-30 in other sports. every bit of our secondary scoring has been horrible this year.

fiala is 22 years old and was under team control for the foreseeable future and was definitely not playing himself into a huge contract yet.

if i remember reading correctly, wild fans say their beat reporter was saying granlund was wanting 8.5-9 million AAV. im sorry but whatttt?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not sure I'm thrilled with it. May have gotten a bit better, but got older and lost several years of control.

My wife is pissed though, he was her favorite second only to Pekka.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Last 3 years for Granlund:

69 points
67 points
63 point pace this year.

Definitely a win for now, but who knows how we will be looking at it 3-4 years from now......

In Minnesota Mild, keep that in mind. Granlund has a lot more potential, such an amazing player.

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad