Post-Game Talk: Now thats what we call a dominating response, Leafs win 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Auston Matthews is officially a PPG player with Hyman on his line for over 75% of the games.

The guy is pacing for 60+ goals and way over PPG this season playing with Marleau and Kapanen. ****ing nuts.

can also be classified as Tavares effect

OR

No bozak/jvr sheltering required effect

Reactions: Nalens Oga

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Auston Matthews is officially a PPG player with Hyman on his line for over 75% of the games.

The guy is pacing for 60+ goals and way over PPG this season playing with Marleau and Kapanen. ****ing nuts.
its more do with being stronger and more experienced, Marner seems to be doing ok with Hyman :sarcasm:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
His reputation precedes him... and not wrongfully so.

His NZ play is very noticeable. Quick slick stick checks into a very sharp edge and away he goes.
His shot is feared and players guard him alot more vigorously than other 3rd liners.
Seems like this play is cerebral, and uniquely Nylander.

Hes a nice touch right now, but for his price, I expect him to be in shape and start making the goalies scared. I cannot wait!

Soon though!

Hyman gone....hmmm... no hot takes yet

Great game

am gonna give him 2 to 3 more games; and then he better start producing

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Can't really complain about much there, they played well outside the usual Babcock-isms (lines, breakouts...).

Probably the hardest I've seen them work in a while, in the NJ game, they were relying on talent against a dead team lacking depth. The Panthers were playing physical and providing a challenge at least though they also kinda sucked. One thing I will say is that these guys need to get more shots on net, they somehow outplayed the shit out of them for two periods yet the shots were still even at the end of the 2nd. Sometimes it won't go in and you just need to shoot shoot shoot with guys going to the net.

Also, Marincin > Ozhiganov.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Hyman has to be a 4th line guy now correct

Rielly 40 points wowwww
Matthews 50 in 50 is possible
Jt might hit 50
Marner is f***ing insane
Kadri has woken up
Glad oz didn’t play
Brown has been better
Ennis has been great
Goat still sucks

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
We got a couple. Tavares on pace for 50+ goals, Marner looks like a good bet to get a minimum of 90 points and maybe even 100+.

Matthews probably ends up with 82+ points even with the games he’s missed.

Then we have Morgan Coffey on the back end.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I’m still waiting to wake up from this dream team. Enjoy the ride. It’s so much fun to watch the skill this team displays virtually every night.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
There is a better option for these people. Stay home and avoid all the traffic and let the people that want to support their team and the team's effort with a standing ovation get the tickets and go to games.

True fans bring noise and energy to the building and to the team. These ass hats that leave the arena early even when the home team has dominated the game should just stay home

I agree with ya.

Many True fans don't have 2000$ to dish out on a game not including drinks, dinner, parking, and the occasional leaf T shirt impulse buy. hahaha

Alot of these corporate lads in the crowd, barely follow the leafs. Its just a gift from the boss. Some of them still name drop Komorov, or JVR... they boast of the mighty power play from 2 months ago, not knowing we were struggling lately.

Its extreme, but it shows the scarcity of more die hard leaf fans into the crowd, when the resale goes up +450$ and only companies can buy em in bulk to the tune of 45,000 dollars a season.

I'm saving it all for the playoff resell... i'll be broke but rich in Glory

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Hyman has to be a 4th line guy now correct

Rielly 40 points wowwww
Matthews 50 in 50 is possible
Jt might hit 50
Marner is ****ing insane
Kadri has woken up
Glad oz didn’t play
Brown has been better
Ennis has been great
Goat still sucks

I actually wonder if Marincin is better than Oz

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It's a tough call between the Devils game and tight for best game of the season

Oddly, I felt the TB game was just as good if not better than the last two wins, against superior competition. Teams over the course of a year are always results oriented, as are players, but in regards to effort and dominance, they really had a great game, just a poor couple of minutes at the end of the period.

Just as some say Kadri isn't having a good year, I'm actually quite impressed with him this year. He is playing smarter than I've seen him play, picking his spots and not being as reckless, he also had generated a hell of a lot of opportunities. He is going to be a major factor, on D or on O come this playoff, I know it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad