Post-Game Talk: Now thats what we call a dominating response, Leafs win 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Tough game to watch, and disappointed on several levels:

1. Neither Tavares or Matthews got hat tricks.
2. Hyman was invisible.
3. Andersen didn’t get a shutout.
4. I wanted Gauthier to score a goal.
5. I wanted Marner to jump into Matthews arms a la the Nutcracker after Matthews scored, and he failed to do so twice.

:sarcasm:

Well done boys, and nice to see Reims welcomed back with the standing ovation. Classy crowd.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Just to keep it real, Johnsson didn't have a shot on net, and was really a passenger on that line tonight, it was the usual show between the two forwards. I love Johnsson, and I see the rationale of mixing up the lines, but let's not use tonight to extrapolate a point that isn't supported by the stats or the eye. JT and Marner have done this all year.

I didn't see it that way.......his speed opens up the ice for the other two.
Tavares and marner were combining probably better than they have all year..
He also almost scored from tavares/marner and then got a marner pass and set up dermott, for a shot that hit the post.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
since Nylander has come back, Leafs have been pretty dominant in out chancing and out-possessing the opposition. yeah he hasn't found much luck getting points, but he gives the Leafs 3 first lines for opponents to worry about

His reputation precedes him... and not wrongfully so.

His NZ play is very noticeable. Quick slick stick checks into a very sharp edge and away he goes.
His shot is feared and players guard him alot more vigorously than other 3rd liners.
Seems like this play is cerebral, and uniquely Nylander.

Hes a nice touch right now, but for his price, I expect him to be in shape and start making the goalies scared. I cannot wait!

Soon though!

Hyman gone....hmmm... no hot takes yet

Great game

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
-Good game 4th line
-Ennis is money creating scoring chances and offensive pressure
-Goat has a positive i fluence in that line
-nylander looking better and more engaging
-tavares is so consistent
-whoever said rielly is a #2-3 D is a Pejorative Slur
-marincin looks like an nhl defensemen

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
People care more about the traffic than the game.

There is a better option for these people. Stay home and avoid all the traffic and let the people that want to support their team and the team's effort with a standing ovation get the tickets and go to games.

True fans bring noise and energy to the building and to the team. These ass hats that leave the arena early even when the home team has dominated the game should just stay home

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs did it all without generational puck retriever Hyman. They really do have nobody who can do what he does. Irreplaceable.

lol, using a win to be negative about something.

Let yourself enjoy this team man.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
That he is not great in his own end, will get exploited against tougher matchups. Isn’t difficult to play against/ doesn’t play with an edge. He is built for regular season hockey and will get pushed around in the playoffs like we witnessed last year.

He’s really a #2-3 dman. In the playoffs the Leafs aren’t always going to be driving play, the way they do now. It’s easy to play defense on a team that usually has teams on their heels.
You really have to start following hockey. Reading your posts it's as if you have never seen a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man with a Plan

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Glad they had a nice game :).

They came out pretty strong and kept it up throughout. Clearly weren't interested in getting embarrassed again. Glad they overcame nonsense like the 'kicking motion' goal or just the attempt to try and get Florida into the game. They just kept playing well, got their PP going, and left that game without issue.

Kind of glad it ended though since there were a lot of pucks flying around and into people's faces in this game. Good to get out of it with everyone in one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad