Post-Game Talk: November 8 Jets @ Sens: How not to win a shootout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I actually thought Greening came closest to scoring 5 hole

I thought Greening came closest to putting himself in the net before the puck.

The game was lost when Michalek came on. He is terrible in the shootouts and I knew nothing good was coming after it.

If Winnipeg missed I wouldn't be surprised to have seen Neil on next, I kid u not.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
We're still the only Team in the League undefeated in Regulation at Home.

Yes! Hopefully we can say the same by this time tomorrow. :naughty:

Not our best looking game, not one of the most entertaining games but hey, we walked out of there with a point. With the way the Atlantic division is playing so far you have to be happy that we're still gaining necessary points.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
My reaction to the shootout:

Zibby/Karlsson/Turris: No Macarthur?
Michalek: Seriously no Macarthur?
Legwand: Still no Macarthur, Stone, Hoffman, or Lazar??!
Greening: GREENING?! WTF WHY?!

Once Greening was out I knew we were going to lose because Maclean was clearly asleep.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
My reaction to the shootout:

Zibby/Karlsson/Turris: No Macarthur?
Michalek: Seriously no Macarthur?
Legwand: Still no Macarthur or Stone, or Hoffman, or Lazar??!
Greening: GREENING?! WTF WHY?!

Once Greening was out I knew we were going to lose because Maclean was clearly asleep.

But but but it's just a skills competition and who needs the extra point anyway? :help:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
People are forgetting that Winnipeg had pathetic attempt swell

That does not excuse Maclean for putting out awful shootout players.

He honestly shouldn't have even put Turris in their. His confidence must be a little on the low side being that he has been extremely snakebitten lately.

Greening and Michalek should have stayed the hell away from the shootout.

I am not that mad about the Legwand choice being that he did pull off some kind of move.

Hoffman, Lazar and Stone should have been in the shootout.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Pavelec was outstanding in the shootout? He didn't really have to do anything.

Zibby didn't really get that good of a shot on him. Turris missed the net. Karlsson missed the net. Pavelecs save on Legwand was good. I can't remember Greenings shot being that i bleached it out of my head already.

Pavelec was big and confident that in itself makes the shooter second guess himself and shoot wide(thus Sens and Jets players shooting wide).

His saves on Michalek, Zibanejad and Legwand were perfect technique. Milo's attempt was not bad at all but disappointed to see him over the Kid line or MacArthur.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
At least Anderson is still first in the league for save percentage with a .951.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Milo and Legwand and Greening have scored in the shoot out though, MacArthur has never scored in the shoot out.

Do you not remember how Milan is terrible at shootouts? I mean sure, don't put MacA in the first round of three, but he deserves a shot at some point.

Anyway, the point isn't about MacA not shooting, it's about MM and Greening going before the likes of Stone, Hoffman and Lazar.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The coach's shoot out selections is actually consistent with the rest of his decisions. This is the same person who puts Legwand, Neil and Phillips on the PP, and who consistently gives the kid line the least ice time (today excepted: he broke up the kid line).

This shoot out was not a brain fart. It was business as usual.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
******* THE OT LOSS, COWEN IS BACK!

Do you guys know what this means for our d!?!? Holy ****. We could end up with 3 number 1 D's playing on the team.

Can't disregard losing in such a pathetic way, but yes, Cowen seems to be back. I wouldn't dare call him a #1 but if he keeps this up we might have to stop looking for outside help on D.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
The coach's shoot out selections is actually consistent with the rest of his decisions. This is the same person who puts Legwand, Neil and Phillips on the PP, and who consistently gives the kid line the least ice time (today excepted: he broke up the kid line).

This shoot out was not a brain fart. It was business as usual.
To be fair, Neil scored tonight. But his shootout selection is consistently ****ing brutal.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
That's interesting-according to those stats the best Senator in the shoot out is Legwand followed by Michalek then Ryan and then Mika.

Maybe that's what the coach is looking at instead of you know, actually watching the games and making decisions based on who's playing well.

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
It must have been said, but got to say it again.

Why was our top point getter not selected 1 in 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad