Post-Game Talk: November 8 Jets @ Sens: How not to win a shootout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This was a shootout that needed Spezza honestly.

Nobody really did any moves besides Legwand.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I hate shootouts.

We have basically our own Spezza in Hoffman(puck control). Hoffman has a terrific shot and moves. Stone too.

You can't say we need Spezza in situations like this when the Sens didn't even put the best possible shooters available.

Btw, Pavelec was outstanding in the shootout. Credit to him.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We have basically our own Spezza in Hoffman(puck control). Hoffman has a terrific shot and moves. Stone too.

You can't say we need Spezza in situations like this when the Sens didn't even put the best possible shooters available.

Btw, Pavelec was outstanding in the shootout. Credit to him.

Pavelec was outstanding in the shootout? He didn't really have to do anything.

Zibby didn't really get that good of a shot on him. Turris missed the net. Karlsson missed the net. Pavelecs save on Legwand was good. I can't remember Greenings shot being that i bleached it out of my head already.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Even though I'm still laughing and shaking my head with those SO selections, I will give credit to Legwand for essentially being the only Sen to even make some kind of attempt.

Really surprised Chris Neil didn't make it out there. I assume he was next after greening.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
To be honest I love Maclean but don't know how you can defend him for these choices tonight yikes. He's a good coach but he keeeeeps putting Legwand on the PP look I like the signature of David but he has no place on the PP. Give him PK and shutdown time. I can live with Michalek and Leg in the shootouts, but Greening? Come on now the guy has ****ing brick hands it's not because he scored a ****ing goal in Newfoundland that he will score everytime. Hoffman Stone Lazar heck even ****ing Condra or get Latendresse off the boot jesus sjdjendjsuhenrjsj7:!:&&:@:73$/&&:&:&

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
This was a shootout that needed Spezza honestly.

Nobody really did any moves besides Legwand.

Absolutely. And Ryan, and Chiasson.

I woulda liked to have some of the kid line in the shootout, but choosing Greening and Milo (and Legwand to a certain extent) didn't lose the game for us.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Pavelec was outstanding in the shootout? He didn't really have to do anything.

Zibby didn't really get that good of a shot on him. Turris missed the net. Karlsson missed the net. Pavelecs save on Legwand was good. I can't remember Greenings shot being that i bleached it out of my head already.

I actually thought Greening came closest to scoring 5 hole

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You wouldn't hate them so much if the coach wasn't trolling his own fanbase most of the time they happen.

I hate shootouts no matter what the circumstances are.

Even if we won all of them i would still not like them.

The shootout is NOT hockey.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
To be honest I love Maclean but don't know how you can defend him for these choices tonight yikes. He's a good coach but he keeeeeps putting Legwand on the PP look I like the signature of David but he has no place on the PP. Give him PK and shutdown time. I can live with Michalek and Leg in the shootouts, but Greening? Come on now the guy has ****ing brick hands it's not because he scored a ****ing goal in Newfoundland that he will score everytime. Hoffman Stone Lazar heck even ****ing Condra or get Latendresse off the boot jesus sjdjendjsuhenrjsj7:!:&&:@:73$/&&:&:&

I don't approve of Michalek in any shootout. He's NEVER been good at them and he's even worse at hockey this season. Absolutely makes no sense to send him out there now.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I don't approve of Michalek in any shootout. He's NEVER been good at them and he's even worse at hockey this season. Absolutely makes no sense to send him out there now.

Totally agree. Although I'm surprised he wasn't in the top three, which he usually is for some reason.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Cowen was unreal today. Most TOI, 9 Hits, 4 Takeaways.

Wow. Those are spectacular numbers. I know I over exaggerate sometimes but those truly are crazy numbers for 1 game.

The scary thing is, he looked just as good offensively than he did in the d-zone. He made some crazy timing poke checks and made a TERRIFIC play in the d-zone to stop potential 2on1 late in the game.

Cowen-Ceci was crazy effective. Boro-Gryba is very good bottom pairing and Methot-Karlsson can hold down top pairing.

Move Wier soon while his value going up every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad