Flyers' History: Nostalgia Thread

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I look at old drafts and I feel immediately transported back to the time of waiting for prospects.

I feel Sittler will be ready in 20-21 and still think Milos Holan will pan out.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I look at old drafts and I feel immediately transported back to the time of waiting for prospects.

I feel Sittler will be ready in 20-21 and still think Milos Holan will pan out.

That was one of the most disappointing things ever, him not working out. He and Ryan Parent I remember really wanting to turn into something. Those two and my boy Wes Walz.

*sigh*

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He played on that Wild team that made a little surprising noise in the playoffs that one year not far removed from their start up right?

Yeah, I think so. IIRC he was with Boston before us and ended up there eventually. I guess I could Wiki it.

EDIT: He only played two games for us, so it turns out I have mentioned him on HF more times than he played games for us ... or words to that effect.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The other player that was LOL was Brad Jones. He was Russ Farwell's answer to addressing lack of team speed which the Flyers missed the boat on as the league changed with more international players. The dude was like a human Messerschmitt....he could skate fast in a straight line.....couldn't do much of anything else.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
He played on that Wild team that made a little surprising noise in the playoffs that one year not far removed from their start up right?

Yeah, I think so. IIRC he was with Boston before us and ended up there eventually. I guess I could Wiki it.

EDIT: He only played two games for us, so it turns out I have mentioned him on HF more times than he played games for us ... or words to that effect.

The only reason I'm really familiar with him is because he was Minnesota's first line center in NHL 06 and I played that game religiously when I was first getting into hockey.

Every time I mention him, my dad asks if he still plays... I always have to remind him that the guy's almost 50 :laugh:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Branko Radivojevic was my favorite to say. What a first name.

"Branka" means "goal" or "net" in Slovak btw. He didnt net that many here, haha...

He is currently 7th in points in Slovak top league though! :laugh: That scoring race is a true blast from the past, Ladislav Nagy in the 3rd place etc..

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
what was the proposed deal?
If I remember it had to do with the deal with Quebec for Lindros. Then they had the rug pulled out from them and they had to make the picks. Not giving them a pass on the picks cause they should have done their homework and been prepared.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad