Flyers' History: Nostalgia Thread

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
Was trying to find something on when John LeClair wore a wig for the pre game skate and found this article from the game.

LeClair return fails to rejuvenate Flyers

"but Kent Manderville, who hasn't scored a goal in 91 regular season games, missed three great chances Sunday.
"I'm going to congratulate Kent Manderville on playing a great game," said Craig Ramsay. "He keeps shooting, it's eventually gonna go in."

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018
Was trying to find something on when John LeClair wore a wig for the pre game skate and found this article from the game.

LeClair return fails to rejuvenate Flyers

"but Kent Manderville, who hasn't scored a goal in 91 regular season games, missed three great chances Sunday.
"I'm going to congratulate Kent Manderville on playing a great game," said Craig Ramsay. "He keeps shooting, it's eventually gonna go in."

I've been trying to find and purchase the whole Flyers-Red Wings game on March 21, 1999. Philly won the game 5-4. Big E scored the game winner against Osgood.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Does anyone have that entire game?

I'm assuming you checked Youtube and the other obvious options.

For something like that, you'll need the right IRC channel or Facebook Group. You need one of those old VHS dealers or someone who got it from one of them.

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018
Cujo wanted to sign with the Flyers. Years ago, I read Cujo's friends visited his home in Canada shortly before he was set to become an UFA in 1998. When Joseph answered his door, he was wearing a Flyer jersey. He believed the Flyers would bid for his services and we were his top choice. Of course, Clarke thought otherwise and signed Beezer. :facepalm:

The Flyers had other holes to fill besides the goaltending hole. Had they filled those other holes well, they may have very well won a Stanley Cup with John Vanbiesbrouck.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The first season I actually paid a lot of attention and didn’t miss a game was when Lavi was fired and Berube was an interim.

You can say I’m used to this

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I remember a play from Lindros' rookie year against the Devils where Niedermayer was carrying the puck up ice, Lindros just slaps it off his stick and goes the other way and scores. It was amazing, and I think that moment was when the Devils decided Stevens would always be on the ice for him.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
I remember a play from Lindros' rookie year against the Devils where Niedermayer was carrying the puck up ice, Lindros just slaps it off his stick and goes the other way and scores. It was amazing, and I think that moment was when the Devils decided Stevens would always be on the ice for him.

Is this the goal? I remember it quite well as it was his first goal at the Spectrum.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This thread should just be pictures of John LeClair, Simon Gagne, Eric Desjardins, Danny Briere, and Brian Boucher. I would say Hextall but that is a sore subject right now.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
What was the first Flyers game that everyone attended in person? Mine was October 21, 1984 against the Penguins at the Spectrum. Flyers won 4-2 with Pelle in net.
New York Islanders at Philadelphia Flyers Box Score — April 7, 2007 | Hockey-Reference.com
This was the first and only game I've ever been to. The tickets were my 10th birthday present. The Flyers lost 4-2, but I only remember them scoring the one goal :laugh:

I still have the roster card.
20181205_065412.jpg

20181205_065427.jpg

Look at that motley crew.
20181205_065353.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad