Flyers' History: Nostalgia Thread

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I truly started watching Flyers hockey in 2003/04 and holy shit that Primeau and Gagne video from Game 6 was so f***ing good. Holy hell did I lose it when that happened. Also, in the same year, this happened:

Reactions: JPS

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I truly started watching Flyers hockey in 2003/04 and holy **** that Primeau and Gagne video from Game 6 was so ****ing good. Holy hell did I lose it when that happened. Also, in the same year, this happened:

I was at this game, i was sitting right at the glass where esche and Patrick lalime fought so i got to see everything

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I was at this game, i was sitting right at the glass where esche and Patrick lalime fought so i got to see everything
I was there (up in the nosebleeds) but damn! Still probably the best sporting event I've been to and I was at the 2008 World Series, Rutgers beating Louisville, last game at the Vet, first at CBP, and a slew of other ones.

Reactions: kelmitchell

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I was there (up in the nosebleeds) but damn! Still probably the best sporting event I've been to and I was at the 2008 World Series, Rutgers beating Louisville, last game at the Vet, first at CBP, and a slew of other ones.
I had actually gotten those tickets because my uncle had season tickets and he was sick lol, it was my best game ive ever went to as well, although ive only gone to philly games, and a dallas stars games when i lived in texas for 2 years

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Pretend I posted Saunders' call of Carcillo's OT Goal against the Devils in 2010. The audio has completely disappeared and Jackson's call is garbage. He loses it and it's fantastic.

Unless they win a Cup in my lifetime, my favorite Flyers moment will always be 9/19/92 -- the first time Lindros put on a Flyers uniform. That's the only time in my life I went out of my way to go to a preseason Flyers game.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This thread is reminding me of when I truly loved this organization..before Hakcocks arrival. Hopefully we return to glory. As of now, I dread their games rather than look forward to them.

I think we are very close to getting it back. There is just one piece of **** in the way at the moment, and then we can see. Watching that video of JJ's goal I posted above, I was reminded how much I loved Derrick Smith - I mean, I ****ing loved Derrick Smith. I can feel similar feelings brewing for his numbersake, the Pimp. It's early, but it's brewing, albeit tempered by the tremendous apathy of growing older. If the kids can get up here and play and thrive, it is going to be awesome. Until then we just have to keep punching this punching bag.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
tenor.gif

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
(3/3)

And of course

Non game-related memories:
-Getting my first Flyers jersey for Christmas that year (away, Primeau with the captain's C)
-Staying at the Holiday Inn by the arenas the night before the carnival only to find out that CSN was blacked out and we couldn't watch the game that night
-Trying to get tickets to said game at the StubHub counter in the lobby, only to back out because my parents didn't trust StubHub
-Ultimately listening to said game on the radio in our hotel room
-Meeting Carter, Pitkanen, Primeau, Stevenson, Savage, and Hatcher at the Carnival -Noting how grumpy all of them seemed except the first two (though I forgive Keith b/c of the concussion and all)

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
JJ Daignault was my favorite moment ever. I've realized every spring I'ved wanted to relive that moment. That;s how I became a big Flyers fan. It was a special time. I was 14, finishing 8th grade. Everyone in school was into it.
I was in tears at the end of game 7. If they ever do win a cup in my lifetime, I'll be thinking of that 1987 team.

2004 really was really tough for me too. It was the one season where I thought they were the best team in the league. And to lose to upstart team in Tampa was a tough pill to swallow. By 2004, that era of Flyers' teams had paid their dues. It should have been their season.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I enjoyed the Flyers fans putting a NJ devil's fan in a chokehold....it was around the late 90's when I really despised that team. Somewhere I have a lamenated picture from the Daily News....I had it on my desk at work for years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad