Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Stastny and Copp are playing. They were in line rushes.

Ehlers just stayed out after practice to skate and shoot with coaches. I don't think we see him in game 1. Dubois MIA.

I was more skeptical and had the EDM/WPG series closer to 50/50 than people thought but without Ehlers or Dubois? Edmonton in 6 would be the max it'd take IMO. Vesalainen on line 2 isn't good at all. Less C matchups too for WPG to try to contain the big boys.

Yeah, I was in the 50/50 camp as well. But if Dubois and Ehlers are both out, we don't have any excuses. What this really means is we need to make hay while the sun is shining, and beat Winnipeg in the first game for sure if those 2 are out. Make it so we need to win 3 of 6 if those 2 Jets come back for game 2, which wouldn't be too shocking at all if they miss game 1.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I’d probably put Haas in over McLeod. He’s earned it for his play this year even though he can’t score.

McLeod can't score either.

Glad to see things don't change much around here. 9 Games into his NHL career with plugs on his line and HF is already selling him up the river.

Dude has the 10th highest CF% and the 4th highest HDCF% on the team, the big factor is the 0.953 PDO.

Give the man a chance, damn.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Neal-McLeod-Kassian could be a deadly line if they click. Could also be quite painful to watch McLeod fly around with Neal and Kass trudging along behind.

Uh, Kassian is an good skater when he's trying and Neal seems to keep up pretty well with McLeod now that he found his legs again. Personally, I would have kept Neal-McLeod-Chiasson together with Archibald-Khaira-Kassian being the other line but this combo is fine too.

Koekkoek over Jones makes sense. Not that Koekkoek is a world beater but I was concerned about the Jones-Bear pairing getting dominated down low in a tough playoff series so inserting the bigger, stronger Koekkoek who showed well in the playoffs last season is a good idea. If he struggles just put Jones back in for Game 2.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Which is also why I still think dressing both Neal and Chiasson is a waste. Pick one and put them out for the first half of the PP, put Puljujarvi out for the 2nd half.

Neal has actually looked pretty decent recently, his game/size is more tailored for playoff hockey, and he has lots of playoff experience. I get why the coach is at least trying him out.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think even single vaccinated people would be OK if they are willing to pay for a rapid COVID test prior to entry.

Reactions: Snipes45

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Uh, Kassian is an good skater when he's trying and Neal seems to keep up pretty well with McLeod now that he found his legs again. Personally, I would have kept Neal-McLeod-Chiasson together with Archibald-Khaira-Kassian being the other line but this combo is fine too.

Koekkoek over Jones makes sense. Not that Koekkoek is a world beater but I was concerned about the Jones-Bear pairing getting dominated down low in a tough playoff series so inserting the bigger, stronger Koekkoek who showed well in the playoffs last season is a good idea. If he struggles just put Jones back in for Game 2.

Jones has made the most serious defensive lapses out of all the Dmen who played regularly in the season. I totally get why you would pull him out for the older, slightly more reliable, player. I don't think 4K is a lot better overall player, he might even be slightly worse overall. However, he does commit less defensive gaffes, which is super important in the playoffs.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think even single vaccinated people would be OK if they are willing to pay for a rapid COVID test prior to entry.

It certainly seems like something around 1000 people could be handled exceptionally safely. I get why they aren't allowing it, given all the other restrictions. But there is a pretty big difference in the size of a hockey rink like Rogers vs a church (which you know would be the example people would use). Anyway, it isn't happening for these playoffs, barring a very long run coupled with an almost miraculous drop in cases, so it is what it is at this point.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is the exact lineup that I would ice. However, I do worry that the Neal-McLeod-Kassian may bleed chances against.

Oh yeah, they are gonna bleed at ES for sure if they don't get favorable matchups. First 2 games are at home though, so hopefully they can limit the bad matchups for the first 2 games. Could maybe make a lineup change for games 3/4.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Which is also why I still think dressing both Neal and Chiasson is a waste. Pick one and put them out for the first half of the PP, put Puljujarvi out for the 2nd half.

I’m only ok with Neal in the lineup because of his playoff record.

Him rekindling a bit of his form from the 2018 Playoffs could go a long way to helping this team.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I have no problem with Kassian over Shore but why mess up the combos?

Neal and Kassian usually don't play well with another, would have rather they just kept Neal/Chiasson with McLeod and slotted Kass with Archibald/Khaira

Reactions: Samus44

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I laughed quite hard; the Avs broadcast last night showed a graphic about how Mackinnon has the highest ppg in the playoffs for all players not named Gretzky or Mario with more than 20 playoff games. Convenient how they just happened to cut Draisaitl and McDavid out of the picture by 3 games. Lol.

Well for McDavid to exceed his PPG rate at Game 20, he'd need 10 points in 3 games and Draisaitl would need 6 points in those 3 games, so I don't think there is any real tricky math to it. For a PPG rate you need to have some kind of minimum to make it relevent.

I suspect both will be right there with him or more once they get to 40 games though particularly as they didn't put up much in their first 6 playoff games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It certainly seems like something around 1000 people could be handled exceptionally safely. I get why they aren't allowing it, given all the other restrictions. But there is a pretty big difference in the size of a hockey rink like Rogers vs a church (which you know would be the example people would use). Anyway, it isn't happening for these playoffs, barring a very long run coupled with an almost miraculous drop in cases, so it is what it is at this point.

Rogers Place is extremely poorly designed for audience during a pandemic. for instance the long escalator would be the mode for nearly everybody on second tier. Its a poorly designed building in general, and the throughputs to second tier seating is abysmal. From an org that despises its second tier type fans.

The other thing is whether Ford Hall is then opened or closed for pedway usage as its open design means whatever infected air from there flows through the arena facility. In many ways Rogers Place was cheaply designed and built, even though it has a high sticker price.

Lets remember as well that the HVAC system there is inadequate. has had to be redone, refitted, and still not working adequately. Will also be interesting to see how the ice holds out if outside temps hit 30C.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
So who here is fully vaccinated? About the only people that are would be seniors in care homes. Its such a low amount here. Jurisdictions in the states that have opened up its because they have herd immunity through already infected, through vaccinated, and through how many are twice vaccinated. 8% of people here have two vaccines.
I get the first pinch tomorrow and I'm 26. :) Can't afford to go to a playoff game right now but I'd be very pleased if they started letting fans in Roger's. The playoffs are simply not the same without a wild crowd!

sOiled

Apr 19, 2012
Edmonton

I'm fully vaccinated and would be happy to be tested pre-entry for the opportunity to pay exorbitant beer prices and watch any games in person!

The Oilers group has still not returned my emails when I proposed this idea to them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00