Pre-Game Talk: North Side Story: Jets @ Oilers

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Nah. You just need to know where to look to find good modern music. Most mainstream is trash though, I agree even though I was born in the 90s.

As for Nickelback, I'm pretty sure everyone hates them just because it's the cool thing to do. I mean, I don't love them but I do like some of their songs. You can't convince me that "When We Stand Together" and "Gotta Be Somebody" are bad! Trust me, there is way, WAAAAAAAAAAY worse music you can find out there.
Yes I agree. I’m not totally living in the 70s and 80s, LOL.I have found one new band (at least I think they are new). The Pretty Reckless they are called. Love the sound and the lead singer voice is awesome. Hard driving rock. Don’t mind the Arkells and there are a few others...

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Jets fan here...on record I expect a short series. Hoping against hope that McDavid does not beat Gretzkys scoring record in a 4 game series,

However, if Ehlers, Dublois, Copp and Stastny are all out it will be a very lopsided series.,

They all can’t beat out. Ehlers is a must for u guys. He is your best player

Reactions: Hulide

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Could also go Neal-Khaira-Chiasson. I think Tippett wants to see if he can get some more offence and that's why he's putting Kassian with McLeod to see if there's better chemistry, and also probably to give McLeod some muscle on his line so the Jets don't try to intimidate/push him around.
I was thinking the same thing. I love the idea of Kassian with the kid. Kassian is a very effective player when motivated and if putting him with McLeod brings out the big brother in him I’m all for it.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
4a70d0ebde4080222bdabdaee31e1172_w200.gif

God, is it Wednesday yet.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
It certainly seems like something around 1000 people could be handled exceptionally safely. I get why they aren't allowing it, given all the other restrictions. But there is a pretty big difference in the size of a hockey rink like Rogers vs a church (which you know would be the example people would use). Anyway, it isn't happening for these playoffs, barring a very long run coupled with an almost miraculous drop in cases, so it is what it is at this point.

tenor.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It certainly seems like something around 1000 people could be handled exceptionally safely. I get why they aren't allowing it, given all the other restrictions. But there is a pretty big difference in the size of a hockey rink like Rogers vs a church (which you know would be the example people would use). Anyway, it isn't happening for these playoffs, barring a very long run coupled with an almost miraculous drop in cases, so it is what it is at this point.
15% capacity of Rogers place would be 2500+ fans

AHS should allow 1000 families

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Am I the only one who thinks that Kassian and Jim Carey are the same person in that GIF?

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
How could anyone not like this guy!??
Good to get a before picture. Can't stop McDavid directly. Pulju's been improving almost linearly as the season progressed. The jets are very likely to key on him to take away one of the options. He is likely to be bruised and hurting soon!

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Living up to your username.
I'm a little too anxious for that approach. Each game taking on its own warped storyline in the 2017 Ducks series nearly had me done.
My favorite was game 5, lol fml

I know most people say the highlight was Kesler swimming on top of Talbot, but I pick the referees mic-ed up talking about how Getzlaf's goal earlier on wasn't interference because Perry's contact with the pad was not a big deal, apparently not noticing him knocking away Talbot's glove, which is where the puck went through. The OT winner was probably the only legit Ducks goal that game

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

I know most people say the highlight was Kesler swimming on top of Talbot, but I pick the referees mic-ed up talking about how Getzlaf's goal earlier on wasn't interference because Perry's contact with the pad was not a big deal, apparently not noticing him knocking away Talbot's glove, which is where the puck went through. The OT winner was probably the only legit Ducks goal that game
Actually the Perry incident happened in game 4 we were screwed two games in a row with non GI calls. That’s one of the reasons the fans and players were so choked.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Hey never underestimate incompetence.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Glad to see things don't change much around here. 9 Games into his NHL career with plugs on his line and HF is already selling him up the river.

Dude has the 10th highest CF% and the 4th highest HDCF% on the team, the big factor is the 0.953 PDO.

Give the man a chance, damn.

How is putting a veteran in over a rookie with 9 games played selling him up the river? Haas has been good on the 4th line minus his lack of offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad