Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oh yeah, they are gonna bleed at ES for sure if they don't get favorable matchups. First 2 games are at home though, so hopefully they can limit the bad matchups for the first 2 games. Could maybe make a lineup change for games 3/4.

Maurice doesn't strike me as a coach to worry about when it comes to the match up game, for some reason. He'll probably try the top line against McDavid again and Tippett will oblige him.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Man this wait has sucked but I am getting excited here for the game tomorrow.

hope the team is ready to play and comes out absolutely flying. Put the ghouls of the Chicago series to bed.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
My favorite was game 5, lol fml

I know most people say the highlight was Kesler swimming on top of Talbot, but I pick the referees mic-ed up talking about how Getzlaf's goal earlier on wasn't interference because Perry's contact with the pad was not a big deal, apparently not noticing him knocking away Talbot's glove, which is where the puck went through. The OT winner was probably the only legit Ducks goal that game

06ef79b3ee0be9f0e243c462356bdd53.gif

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Maurice doesn't strike me as a coach to worry about when it comes to the match up game, for some reason. He'll probably try the top line against McDavid again and Tippett will oblige him.

He literally did an interview a few days ago where he said he's not going to try to chase after the line matchup against McDavid and that all of the lines will just need to play well against McDavid and Draisaitl. He said you're not going to stop McDavid from scoring but you can't gift him scoring chances on top of that.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
My favorite was game 5, lol fml

I know most people say the highlight was Kesler swimming on top of Talbot, but I pick the referees mic-ed up talking about how Getzlaf's goal earlier on wasn't interference because Perry's contact with the pad was not a big deal, apparently not noticing him knocking away Talbot's glove, which is where the puck went through. The OT winner was probably the only legit Ducks goal that game
If they waived it off what would they tell Corey?!

Reactions: TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
He literally did an interview a few days ago where he said he's not going to try to chase after the line matchup against McDavid and that all of the lines will just need to play well against McDavid and Draisaitl. He said you're not going to stop McDavid from scoring but you can't gift him scoring chances on top of that.

If the Jets keep coughing up giveaways high in the o-zone of brain dead east west passes when Connor is on the ice like they have all season then it won't matter who they play against him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I agree with what Kypreos said on Tim & Friends. It's going to be extremely difficult for the Oilers to get to the Conference Finals or Finals with McDrai solely carrying the load. We need some of our depth players to step up and chip in (looking at you Yamamoto, RNH, etc)

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
Here's my ice-time guess:

Even strength 48 minutes
Kahun-McDavid-Puljujarvi 14 min
Nuge-Draisaitl-Yamamoto 13 min
Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Puljujarvi/Yamamoto 5 min
Archibald-Khaira-Chaisson 8 min
Neal-Mcleod-Kassian 8 min

Nurse-Barrie 18 min
Kulikov-Larsson 16 min
Koekkeok-Bear 11 min
Nurse-Larsson 3 min

PP
Draisaitl-McDavid-Chaisson/Puljujarvi-Nuge-Barrie 6 min

PK
Khaira-Archibald 3 min
Nuge-Yamamoto 2 min
Mcleod-Draisaitl 1 min

Nurse-Larsson 3 min
Kulikov-bear 2 min
Koekkoek-larsson 1 min

Nuge, Drai, McDavid all play 20+ minutes
Nurse, Larsson play 24+ minutes

Reactions: 780il

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I was posting about this in the mains a bit, interested to hear your opinions:

Assuming Canadian goverment doesn't allow fans into the stands for the conference finals, should the American team facing the Canadian team be allowed to have fans in their building?

I can see it now..... Oilers go on a miracle run to the Conference Finals only to have to go to Raliegh and play in front of their full capacity crowd while our home games are in front of crickets....

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Assuming Canadian goverment doesn't allow fans into the stands for the conference finals, should the American team facing the Canadian team be allowed to have fans in their building?

I can see it now..... Oilers go on a miracle run to the Conference Finals only to have to go to Raliegh and play in front of their full capacity crowd while our home games are in front of crickets....
Is it totally out of the question that we might have enough vaccination by the 3rd or 4th round?

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I know Chiasson is on the PP, but what about Haas as maybe a winger with McLeod to take the defensive pressure off that line?
Neal - McLeod - Haas

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Great sounds like the Jets players are insulted that the media is counting them out of this series...No pressure, and all the motivation they need.

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020

This is as chill as i've ever seen McDavid

Statsny seems fairly relaxed, Scheifele looks like a nervous wreck compared to his usual interviews ()

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Is it totally out of the question that we might have enough vaccination by the 3rd or 4th round?

Seems too optimistic, especially because (afaik) you aren't just "fully vaccinated" as soon as you walk out of your 2nd shot; can take your body weeks.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

3rd round will start about 4 weeks from tomorrow or Thursday. I'd say its very optimistic to think we can allow fans into the buildings. I'm not even convinced the North winner will be able to play out of their own building for the final 4 with the borders still closed.

Seems too optimistic, especially because (afaik) you aren't just "fully vaccinated" as soon as you walk out of your 2nd shot; can take your body weeks.

Exactly. It's possible 70% will have had their first shot and 25% their second shot, but for the first 2-4 weeks the protection isn't that high. I recall reading somewhere that a surprising large number of the ICU cases right now the person had their first shot, but had only received it recently prior to catching COVID. I just can't find it right now.

Last edited:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
We saw against Chicago last year that McDavid did his thing. It's up to everyone else. If they aren't very good it will go the way of that series. Need to get some secondary scoring, the defense needs to handle the hard forecheck and have clean break outs and Smith needs to be Smith. Easier said than done I guess. We will see.

Reactions: NeverForget06

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

It’s not up to the Canadian government, it’s up to the Provincial government. I hope we will let fans in if we make it that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad