• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Anyone else getting annoyed with the narrative out of Toronto that they "are far and away the best team in the North" and will "beat the canadiens in 3". It likes they've already looked past Montreal and Winnipeg/Edmonton and planning the parade.

Like we had the same number of wins as them.

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that outside of that 3 game stretch in late Feb/early March each game between the Leafs and the Oilers were hotly contested one-goal games (the first two had empty netters) including THREE games that were decided in Overtime. We only went to Overtime 6 times in the whole damn year. These teams are a lot closer than anyone is willing to admit.

Everyone also seems to forget is that during that 3 game stretch the Leafs were on an INSANE PDO heater. Through 3 games they were at something like 1.10-1.13 in PDO. Andersen, Hutchinson and Campbell were crazy good and almost every good chance the Leafs had seemed to go in. That sort of performance is unsustainable in a 7 game playoff series and in a season in general and that was shown after that 3 game series. After they beat us 6-1 on March 3, the Leafs went 5-6-1 for the rest of the month of March.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Neal yes, Kassian not so much. He can skate quite well. He gets his share of breakaways due to his speed. His finish on the other hand isn't always there.

My first thought was that I didn't like this as it breaks up the line that was showing some chemistry, but McLeod and Kassian could be a pretty good combination if they find any chemistry. Kassian has better speed than Chiasson and can score when he's on his game.

I actually think this combination of 12 forwards may be best if McLeod had Kassian and Archibald as a real piss cutter line than reunite the Neal, Khaira, Chiasson line that was good in the play-ins last year where minutes can be managed as they are all also regular special teams players.

Reactions: joestevens29

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
f*** yeah excited to see Kassian back in. Common Kass bring some energy like pre contract. Our bottom 6 and d men need to be hitting everything in sight. Jesse needs to use that big ass and truck some guys. Let's f***in go boys game 1 is only 1 sleep away!

Reactions: The Cheez

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think the Avs are overrated based on the division they landed in this year, tbh.

80% of their games were against ANA/LAK/SJS/ARI. 26 wins right there. This is the same team that finished 3 points ahead of us last year.

Like ofcourse they have "generational" possession stats, more than half their division may as well be literal pylons. Minnesota, a team that made no major changes in the off-season, went from being an 82 point pace team last season to being a 100 point pace team in this division.

All three of SJS / ANA / LAK this year look bad compared to your average Oilers decade of darkness team.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Avs are a good team, I just think they're a bit of a mirage at this point in time. And 10-ply soft, tbh.

While I agree the bad half of the West bumped up Colorado, Vegas and Minnesota's numbers significantly (Vegas went 27-5 vs. the non-playoff bunch, Colorado 25-5-2, Minnesota 25-6-1), the thing with Colorado's numbers is that they've been trending towards that type of team that massively outshoots its opponent for a few years now. I suspect they could have done a similar run in a normal schedule. Maybe not a President's trophy but I could see a Division and potentially Conference title.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Apparently the province of Quebec is going to announce new rules today that could allow fans into the Bell Center as soon as game 6 of the first round.

I hope Alberta follows suit.

There's no reason that fully vaccinated people at least can't attend in manageable sizes of 2500-5000.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think the Avs are overrated based on the division they landed in this year, tbh.

80% of their games were against ANA/LAK/SJS/ARI. 26 wins right there. This is the same team that finished 3 points ahead of us last year.

Like ofcourse they have "generational" possession stats, more than half their division may as well be literal pylons. Minnesota, a team that made no major changes in the off-season, went from being an 82 point pace team last season to being a 100 point pace team in this division.

All three of SJS / ANA / LAK this year look bad compared to your average Oilers decade of darkness team.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Avs are a good team, I just think they're a bit of a mirage at this point in time. And 10-ply soft, tbh.

Bang. Plus Mackinnon starts every playoffs like a demon as if the SC is won in first round. AV's expend a lot of effort just blowing out clubs early, and then by 2nd or 3rd round have already peaked and don't have much left. its a loaded club, and they could have had a cup by now, but both Vegas and Colorado seem like the latest examples of SC eunuchs.

Minny wasn't even expected to be in the playoffs from what I recall. Its a weak division.

Reactions: iCanada

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Bang. Plus Mackinnon starts every playoffs like a demon as if the SC is won in first round. AV's expend a lot of effort just blowing out clubs early, and then by 2nd or 3rd round have already peaked and don't have much left. its a loaded club, and they could have had a cup by now, but both Vegas and Colorado seem like the latest examples of SC eunuchs.

Minny wasn't even expected to be in the playoffs from what I recall. Its a weak division.
The Avs lost last year because they were decimated in net and Khudobin was playing out of his mind. Naturally by the time the Stars got to the Lightning they were pushed aside.

The Avs would destroy this team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Apparently the province of Quebec is going to announce new rules today that could allow fans into the Bell Center as soon as game 6 of the first round.

There's no reason that fully vaccinated people at least can't attend in manageable sizes of 2500-5000.

Legault can do whatever he wants in Quebec and has that License. None of the other provinces do. No way this happens this early in Alberta, or Ontario.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The Avs lost last year because they were decimated in net and Khudobin was playing out of his mind. Naturally by the time the Stars got to the Lightning they were pushed aside.

The Avs would destroy this team.

Weren't the Stars fairly injury riddled by the Finals? The first two games felt like the played the Lightning well and then they hit a wall. I honestly doubt the Avs would have beat the Lightning last year

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Weren't the Stars fairly injury riddled by the Finals? The first two games felt like the played the Lightning well and then they hit a wall. I honestly doubt the Avs would have beat the Lightning last year
I don't think anyone was beating the Lightning last year but the Stars got there by Khubodin playing his best Roloson impression.

Theres the spirit..;)
If you think I'm wrong feel free to debate.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

I was reading this and immediately thought of new reffing rules. Maybe all refs playing in Quebec are required to speak Quebecish (I don't believe in double nationalities) as a first language .

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Legault can do whatever he wants in Quebec and has that License. None of the other provinces do. No way this happens this early in Alberta, or Ontario.

I still don't see what the difference is if you're fully vaccinated. If you're at that point you should be allowed to go to a hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad