Pre-Game Talk: North Side Story: Jets @ Oilers

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers in 5. We’ll find a way to screw up one game, but we own these Jets and the McDavid will not be denied.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Jets will be a tough out...especially if Hellebuyck gets hot
Jets D is weak but they'll have Ehlers back to make their forward group even deeper

let's hope they take the Jets a little more serious than they did the Hawks
Oilers in a tough 6 games

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I predict McDavid goes full Super Saiyan and gets 15 points in the series for the win.

Drai with 10 points

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We will need our top players to continue their dominance over their top players. After our top 2 they are a far deeper team up front than us.

That being said, McDavid has owned them all year. Hopefully that will continue.

Oilers in 6.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
McDavid vs that Jets defense will be fun to watch (for us lol)

Not looking forward to face the Leafs tho

Reactions: 542365

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Maybe they get sent to their room? That's where I always went when I got grounded.

Esj5x6pVEAA2Au9.jpg

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
McDavid vs that Jets defense will be fun to watch (for us lol)

Not looking forward to face the Leafs tho

I feel better about our chances vs the Jet's than the Leaf's against Montreal. Playoff Price is a beast, Montreal has a big, mean defensive group that won't make it easy on Toronto's skilled forwards. Leaf's are still obviously the favorite, but it won't be an easy series for them.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I got Oilers in 7.

Hellebuyck is good enough to steal them a couple of games and we will be having some back to backs which probably means Koskinen comes in and loses us a game.

Also playoff reffing will be a huge advantage for Winnipeg. So much so that I was tempted to put down Jets in 7.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I got Oilers in 7.

Hellebuyck is good enough to steal them a couple of games and we will be having some back to backs which probably means Koskinen comes in and loses us a game.

Also playoff reffing will be a huge advantage for Winnipeg. So much so that I was tempted to put down Jets in 7.
Koskinen will not play unless Smith absolutely implodes or gets injured.

Reactions: PULSATING and asa

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
5.5games. Kind of what happened with Boston final in 1990....

One Jets home game is delayed, then cancelled as NBC can't find out where the DT and NHL caliber arena is...After having to drive in from Minneapolis.

No seriously, this is the arena, this is where the jets play..excuse tourists for thinking its a large Urban Sobeys marketplace where they sell produce and vegetables.

You'll find it eventually though. Everything in Winnipeg is located on Portage. Yeah, just next to the Glasnost Radisson. lol, yeah, the Radisson. Most cities have a swanky hotel next door with access. Winnipeg has the Pandemic Radisson. Don't cough, they'll lock you up. The Radisson is the building that looks like a nondescript precast 1970 era "tower" nightmare. At 20floors clocks in as highest building in Manitoba. Or Winnipeg. They spared no expense in sourcing out the best concrete prefab.

Just hold up this picture when trying to find your hotel
2875986ab1217bee6065b7108b436571--funny-ha-ha-funny-shit.jpg

No seriously, this is the arena...

images

Don't let the WHA banners confuse, its the only thing Winnipeg has ever won..

upload_2021-5-11_20-47-48.jpeg

They really are an NHL City.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’d start Stalock against Montreal tomorrow now that there is literally nothing to play for. I’d also rest McDrai.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Pounce early, attack their defense relentlessly with speed McDrai duo, and let doubt creep back into their minds.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Would assume the team gets their vaccine shots on Thursday when they get back from Montreal? Good day to get it done, gives them a couple of days before the Vanc game to deal with side effects, and a full week before the playoffs.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Would assume the team gets their vaccine shots on Thursday when they get back from Montreal? Good day to get it done, gives them a couple of days before the Vanc game to deal with side effects, and a full week before the playoffs.
Don’t get my thread locked. ;)

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad