Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I wouldn't even dress Koskinen at this point. Stalock can't be any worse despite not playing in nine months, and the team's confidence wouldn't be shot before the opening faceoff.
I just don't get the decisions some time? What was the point of getting Stalock in the first place if it wasn't to replace the sieve on the team?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We're going to have to play Smith in both games on the back-to-back. There is no way we can put Koskinen out there.
Honestly, put Stalock in. At the very least no one has an updated scouting report on him. The book is out on Koskinen

Smith is so important that keeping him relatively fresh is even worth gambling on Stalock. Overplaying Smith might get him injured. Then its game over

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Very interesting to maybe see a Archibald-Khaira-Kassian line or Koekkoek-Bear pairing for this series.

Rare to see combos that you haven't seen at all really before entering a playoff. No idea what to expect from these. (That forward line was speculated by someone in the media for game 1, forgot who)

Koekkoek didn't work well with Barrie or Larsson to my eye really, but Bear I think gives him a better chance to be Chicago Koekkoek.

EDIT: Aside from the last game for the D pairing, but also that's a nothing game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Very interesting to maybe see a Archibald-Khaira-Kassian line or Koekkoek-Bear pairing for this series.

Rare to see combos that you haven't seen at all before entering a playoff. No idea what to expect from these. (That forward line was speculated by someone in the media for game 1, forgot who)

Koekkoek didn't work well with Barrie or Larsson to my eye really, but Bear I think gives him a better chance to be Chicago Koekkoek.

JJ needs to be the player he started being, for most of the season, for the playoffs. I would be cool with Benson getting a shot if people aren't bringing their peak selves, tbh

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
JJ needs to be the player he started being, for most of the season, for the playoffs. I would be cool with Benson getting a shot if people aren't bringing their peak selves, tbh

They probably won't do Benson, but Ennis was very good before his injury last playoff. He probably should be in but won't be.

I understand them hoping Kassian provides the jump they need. They need him to with that contract.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
They probably won't do Benson, but Ennis was very good before his injury last playoff. He probably should be in but won't be.

I understand them hoping Kassian provides the jump they need. They need him to with that contract.

I forgot about Ennis, akin to how his hero, Dr. Dre, was forgotten by many around here (the last "hero" part was a lie).

Last edited:
Reactions: Paralyzer008

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Just a random post.

yzXkKls.jpg

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Time for Nuge and Yamamoto to bear down. If they get going I think we have a good chance to come out of the North.

Dont count on that.
I think the defence is the diffrence, and bottom 6 scoring as someone said. Right now Chiasson is the only one capable to score in the bottom 6.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Time for Nuge and Yamamoto to bear down. If they get going I think we have a good chance to come out of the North.
I agree with you. I think Yamamoto is really key here. He can be an occasional difference-maker, and he has been COLD for weeks and weeks now, despite some otherwise strong play at times.

If he suddenly finds his range, and if Nuge grows a pair and isn't a shrinking violet out there, this series could be over in 4 or 5 (since the Jets have been damn bad lately). On the other hand, if the second line collectively does nothing at even strength -- leaving Drai to get his only points on the 1 PP per game the Oilers get -- , we may be in some trouble. Then, we're looking at six or seven games, and then in game seven, it's flip a coin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad