Pre-Game Talk: North Side Story: Jets @ Oilers

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Toronto - Montreal have one as well. They play Monday and Tuesday. We play Sunday and Monday.

Just like ours, the back to back is on games 3 and 4 of the series, so if it follows traditional playoff home rotations, there will be no travel in between. Road games for us, and for Toronto. Should also add that we're a much better road team than one that plays at home.

I stand corrected as I misread the 24th/25th as 24th/26th. The small font of the print showing the dates on the Score's app, I thought the 5 was a 6 lol.

Reactions: BakedYams

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
the Gyro is boring IMO.

The Donair is either underrepresented here or overrepresented in Edmonton. Every city has their thing. I enjoy a Donair when I visit Edmonton although that use to be on Whyte ave after last call so I’m not sure I was able to judge properly but they were great. I did need to learn about what a Fat Boy was when I relocated to Winnipeg.
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a domain, a gyro and a shawarma??? I love them all LOL

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a domain, a gyro and a shawarma??? I love them all LOL

Shawarma vs. Donair vs. Gyro vs. Falafel
We get asked a lot of questions by customers new to our cuisine… “Just what is a Shawarma?” “Why does it look like a Donair?” “How come some people call it a Gyro?” “How do you pronounce that?” “What is a Falafel?”
And we LOVE to tell people all about our incredibly flavourful, complex, yet simple menu. So, here is a brief Holy Falafel Glossary 101 summary to wet your appetite:
Shawarma – Marinated meat cooked on a rotisserie BBQ known as a Shish and thinly sliced or shaved off with a long sharp knife or sword. Think… Shish-ke-bab. If you were in Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Germany, or Amsterdam, they would know what you wanted to eat if you asked for a Shawarma. We typically serve our 24 Hour Marinated 1st-Cut Black Shawarma™ Chicken in fresh Lebanese-Style hollow pita bread, with Tahina Sauce and veggies. Ask for some of our Holy Sauce™ on it for a real treat.
Donair– Originally from Turkey and pronounced ‘Doner-Kebab’, this BBQ’d beef wrap with onions and sweet garlic sauce came across the Atlantic to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in the early 1970s. It was either mispronounced or Anglicized to ‘Donair’, and the name stuck. We can quickly create a very authentic Halifax Donair, or jazz it up a bit with some of our fresh toppings and homemade daily sauces to create our very own Delicious Donair™.
Gyro – As the Shawarma and Doner-Kebab migrated west across Europe, as it passed through the Greek Isles, Lamb and Pork were the preferred and available meat on a stick. Served with thick homemade garlic Tzatziki in a Pita with Veggies.
Falafel – Yes, it’s veggie! Created by the ancient Copts in what today we know as Egypt, this food dates back over 4000 years, and was eaten for religious reasons as a meat-replacement, and for times when meat was scarce. Made primarily from chick peas, fava beans, veggies, and spices, these healthy little vegan jewels taste terrific served in a pita with some pink Pickled Turnip, Tahina, and Tabouleh. Food of the Pharoahs.

source:

Shawarma vs. Donair vs. Gyro vs. Falafel | Holy Falafel & Shawarma House Restaurants Ltd.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I feel sorry for Louie. Doing his part best as he can, but just no chemistry with Singh.
No one has chemistry with Singh. The guy has poor game flow recognition and doesn’t inflect his voice properly according to what’s happening on the ice.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Well we're definitely not sweeping if Kosk gets a start in the back to back. Primarily why I think we win this series in 6 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad