Pre-Game Talk: North Side Story: Jets @ Oilers

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I have a feeling that Neal is going to have a really good playoff. By the eyeball test, I think after a very slow start, hampered by the effects of Covid and injury, he's got fresh legs, and a burning desire to show everyone he's not finished. A good pro, and seems like a good team guy. He's been getting better and better each game.
If he goes full Claude Lemieux I’ll be quite pleased!

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I have a feeling that Neal is going to have a really good playoff. By the eyeball test, I think after a very slow start, hampered by the effects of Covid and injury, he's got fresh legs, and a burning desire to show everyone he's not finished. A good pro, and seems like a good team guy. He's been getting better and better each game.

Been saying the same thing. Fresh Neal is going to be ideal.

Kahun, who you don't think much of is also more involved in plays, getting some chances. Chiasson been playing well mostly.

Whether we end up with 2 scoring lines or depth scoring though is up to guys like Yama and Nuge to get sorted out, We need more EV production from them.

Hopefully Kassian is back and ready to play some playoff tempo hockey.

Archibald looks on fire lately as far as pace. I would put him with better players as he's getting to a lot of pucks.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ennis isn't a top 6 player.

Health permitting, Kass should be in that lineup.

Yea but the question was should he be in the lineup over Shore. I agree Kassian will probably draw in once he’s healthy probably over Shore or Chaisson is my guess.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I still don’t have a clue what’s going on for 3rd round

With round 3 starting in mid-June, which is a month away, there's no way the federal government opens up the border for American teams by then. So I'd imagine if the Leafs came out of the North it would make sense for them to play out of Buffalo for the 3rd round. It would allow Leafs fans to travel across the border to attend the games and then quarantine when they come back. Less likely that the Habs or Jets move on but I would guess they might play out of Buffalo and Minnesota (assuming the Wild are eliminated), although maybe they would want non-divisional rival locations.

If the Oilers make it out of the North would they play out of Arizona's building? It would be the closest market to Colorado or Vegas. Probably better if they choose a building that's likely to have better ice in the summer.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
With round 3 starting in mid-June, which is a month away, there's no way the federal government opens up the border for American teams by then. So I'd imagine if the Leafs came out of the North it would make sense for them to play out of Buffalo for the 3rd round. It would allow Leafs fans to travel across the border to attend the games and then quarantine when they come back. Less likely that the Habs or Jets move on but I would guess they might play out of Buffalo and Minnesota (assuming the Wild are eliminated), although maybe they would want non-divisional rival locations.

If the Oilers make it out of the North would they play out of Arizona's building? It would be the closest market to Colorado or Vegas. Probably better if they choose a building that's likely to have better ice in the summer.

can’t get this BS over quick enough. NS and Alberta are hot spots now

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I would actually be quite surprised if that is the case. I think in a month things will be looking significantly better up here, to the point that it won’t be an issue at all. I’m actually quite optimistic that if the Oilers reach the third round, that we would be at the point to allow a % of fans in our barn. In a month I can see us being close to 65-70% first dose and 15-20% second dose vaccinated here in Alberta.

Reactions: iCanada

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I would actually be quite surprised if that is the case. I think in a month things will be looking significantly better up here, to the point that it won’t be an issue at all. I’m actually quite optimistic that if the Oilers reach the third round, that we would be at the point to allow a % of fans in our barn. In a month I can see us being close to 65-70% first dose and 15-20% second dose vaccinated here in Alberta.

The number of new cases and ICU cases needs to be sufficiently low enough though that the government is willing to make an exception to allow US teams and returning Canadian teams to travel into Canada without quarantining. I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. Current number of new cases today was 1,195. Looking at the 2nd wave, in a month the number of new cases will be a few hundred, likely after the Province moves back to Step 1 restrictions, possibly Step 2. The chances of watching a live hockey game at Rogers Place this playoff season are effectively 0%, unless the government makes significant exceptions for the NHL which are highly unlikely.

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The number of new cases and ICU cases needs to be sufficiently low enough though that the government is willing to make an exception to allow US teams and returning Canadian teams to travel into Canada without quarantining. I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. Current number of new cases today was 1,195. Looking at the 2nd wave, in a month the number of new cases will be a few hundred, likely after the Province moves back to Step 1 restrictions, possibly Step 2. The chances of watching a live hockey game at Rogers Place this playoff season are effectively 0%, unless the government makes significant exceptions for the NHL which are highly unlikely.

Let’s revisit this in a month. I’m hoping you’ll be surprised. ;)

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Sick of the bottom six getting caved in possession and goals for. Ennis in for Shore and that lineup actually doesn't look awful. McLeod has made a huge difference already.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Effin A, still 3 more days to wait. Let's go already!! So jealous watching other teams playing already.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Duclair is a guy Holland should have been after last offseason but he didn't even bother it would seem.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Let's support our boys!

Positive vibes even if there's moments of adversity in the series. Have faith! We have Connor McJesus on our side.

Let's go Oilers!

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Actually I’d prefer they look at the precautions the teams and travelling group are taking to make that determination. The ICU bed usage should factor into this but it’s not really indicative if the risk that the group/team asking for bypassing the quarantine is creating nor should it be the defining criteria. The level of isolation, level of immunization and safety protocols adhered before and after passing through the border should factor in more so . Frankly I’m tired of these blanket rules that don’t take into effect the specific circumstances of the traveller. Being vaccinated, where you live, where you are coming from/going to all impact the level of risk, we are simply applying an extremely restrictive set of factors to this that does not accomplish what is intended to do. One inky has to look at this weekends media reports about the amount of non Canadian travellers from high incidence countries that are routinely passing through the birders and in many cases not subject to quarantine. That said, this federal government will not grant this exemption and Canadian teams playing American teams will end up relocating temporarily. And we Canadian’s will continue to be subject to ridiculous restrictions. I’m flying to the USA later this week and will drive home when i decide to return, hopefully there is an election in between...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad