Pre-Game Talk: North Side Story: Jets @ Oilers

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Local Jets fan with close Edmonton family.
I’d like to win naturally but I’d be ok if it’s Oilers going all the way as well.
Looking forward to this
Good luck and hopefully fun between the fan bases without dbags
Picked Oil in 6
Despite playing 9 games we never really built hate or rivalry against Jets. Pionk is probably the only Jet we have some hate against. Best of luck to you guys in future.
Hoping for a hard fought but clean series.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ehlers is easy to dislike intensely. He's one of the players in the league that opponents most want to pound in the face repeatedly. I can comprehend why. Plonk started out trying to be that but got tuned in quickly and has stopped antagonizing and some of his dirty play.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Despite playing 9 games we never really built hate or rivalry against Jets. Pionk is probably the only Jet we have some hate against. Best of luck to you guys in future.
Hoping for a hard fought but clean series.

Even back in the day- Oilers fans never really hated the Jets despite all our playoff battles. They are just too likeable

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Who didn’t get choked up when they did the initial Jets Season Ticket drive and it sold out in like 12 minutes, and at the 25 min mark there were something like 20k on the waiting list?

Their successful return makes every prairie kid proud of being Canadian, and it is just so completely relatable.

I of course want us to beat them and have started to get a serious dislike for Kyle Conner, Ehlers and Pionk; but if they do win and move past us, who wouldn’t cheer for them? Wheeler, Schief, Hellybuck, Lowry; all likeable players. Admirable and respectful fan base.

Going to be a great series.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I have a feeling that Neal is going to have a really good playoff. By the eyeball test, I think after a very slow start, hampered by the effects of Covid and injury, he's got fresh legs, and a burning desire to show everyone he's not finished. A good pro, and seems like a good team guy. He's been getting better and better each game.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Even back in the day- Oilers fans never really hated the Jets despite all our playoff battles. They are just too likeable

In large part that was because we always beat them. They were a good team, who on occasion pushed us, but could never beat us. Didn’t have many scumbag players, so Oiler fans really didn’t give them much thought. Probably get a different answer if you talk to Jet fans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad