Series Talk: North Division Round 1: Leafs (1) vs. Canadiens (4)

Series Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I'd rather still load up, but my big concern is that it suggests Hyman goes to the top line. I'd much rather see Foligno there and Hyman with JT to offset the speed for each line.

I expect we'll see Kerfoot or Nash swapped with one of the 4th line guys pretty early in the series.

What I'd like to see is both Thornton and Simmonds be net presences on their respective PP units.

Also need some balance with shots from the point where warranted. Muzzin does this well. Slap, snap, writer, backhand or puck flip, just get something from the point to keep opposition guessing. Preferably one-timers.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not a fan right now, hopefully he will win me over. I just think what killed us last year was no offence from the bottom 6. Riley Nash just kills any offence.

Yeah I'm on the fence here as well. If he kills offence then that's great if he's matching up against top lines, but kind of useless if he's matching up against 3rd lines that we should be hoping to outscore instead of shutting them down. We'll see I guess.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Not a fan right now, hopefully he will win me over. I just think what killed us last year was no offence from the bottom 6. Riley Nash just kills any offence.
Yes, it’s hard to gauge really. Don’t know how this shakes out, he’s a vet so it shouldn’t be too hard to jump in as long as he’s really healthy. Keefe must really like what he sees because Galchenyuk wasn’t horrible with Tavares and Nylander.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Yeah I feel like Nash's usage should depend upon the team we face. Round 2 and onwards when teams have elite offensive talent he's extremely helpful and a big asset, but against Montreal I don't know if he's the best option. I guess we'll see

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Without bias towards the ol boys.
This lineup is unreal

Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - Nash - Mikhayev
Engvall - Spezza - Kerfoot
Thornton - Brooks - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Bogosian

Campbell
Rittich

Reactions: shooter0713 and BTP

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Yeah I feel like Nash's usage should depend upon the team we face. Round 2 and onwards when teams have elite offensive talent he's extremely helpful and a big asset, but against Montreal I don't know if he's the best option. I guess we'll see
I'd like to get his game legs going tho. Give the Hyman - Nash - Mikhayev line assignments...but otherwise play our game and get the right guys in

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

WAT.jpg

Reactions: Marshy

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Simple comp - goal and point Paces split up into even strength and PP, plus expected goals for relaitive to teammates at even strength. Save percentage and difference from expected save percentage for goalies, in total and split up in 5v5 and PK.

Screenshot_20210516-144013_Sheets.jpg

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Nash is great in theory against a team like Edmonton. Against a team that has strong defense but little offense, taking Galchenyuk out for Nash makes little sense
Agreed. I'm not a fan at all of modifying that 2nd line which has done so well lately. And this is against Gally's old team too, guarantee he'd come out extra hard against them.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If we end up bleeding goals and find ourselves running into a hot Carey Price then yea I'd put in Galchenyuk to provide a bit more offensive options. But Galchenyuk wasn't that great defensively and if Nash can provide a higher impact based on his defensive play then I'm all for it. Either way, Game 1 will tell us lot.

Reactions: leaffaninvancouver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino