Series Talk: North Division Round 1: Leafs (1) vs. Canadiens (4)

Series Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Matthews and then 4 guys who have combined for 3 powerplay goals all year isn't going to fix anything. Just take the pass to him away and nothing will happen. The 2nd unit doesn't look any better

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Nice to see the big guy out there at least.

Also Campbell working independently with Goalie coach after Andersen and Riddich shared time with him together.

Galchenyuk and Engvall still in grey

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
How about the old school way and keep your 1st line on your first Pp and second line on your second pp
Familiarity and chemistry and obvious talent .
I know i know it’s about the SH and min , who Friggen cares ..start developing other , bottom 6 to fill in those roles ..
Top 6= top 6 min and play mostly offensive situations
Bottom 6 = bottom 6 min and play mostly defensive situations
So you play alot more or less sometimes for individual players , it all evens out ..
I don’t think one of the top PP in the league for a long time now Boston’s ( Marchand , Bergeron , Pasta ) line have been affected negatively... or just look into the past , almost all great PP have been the top lines with lots of success ...
Sometimes not reinventing the wheel and not over thinking and coaching , so so speak , is the answer ...
Play your 2 top lines mostly in the playoffs !!
Go Leafs Go

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

I've been against this all year but at this point I'm not even mad - try anything at this point.

I'd rather still load up, but my big concern is that it suggests Hyman goes to the top line. I'd much rather see Foligno there and Hyman with JT to offset the speed for each line.

I expect we'll see Kerfoot or Nash swapped with one of the 4th line guys pretty early in the series.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'd rather still load up, but my big concern is that it suggests Hyman goes to the top line. I'd much rather see Foligno there and Hyman with JT to offset the speed for each line.

Foligno definitely meshed better on the matthews line than the Tavares line by my eye test. But we'll see.

I expect we'll see Kerfoot or Nash swapped with one of the 4th line guys pretty early in the series.

Are we sure the Nash line isn't the 4th line? The Spezza line seems to have a large edge offensively.

I'd say its 2 3rd lines - one for offensive starts and situations, one for defensive ones.

Reactions: Nylander88

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I'm not a huge fan of the bottom 6, especially how slow that 4th line is gonna be. I really liked the impact Brooks had with Thornton and Spezza. More then the impact Simmonds has had, but we will need Simmonds to straighten out Josh Anderson when he starts taking runs at our guys.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
The “loaded up” PP unit hasn’t done squat so I’ve no problem breaking it up.

I agree, I feel like they got too comfortable with eachother and they have there spots and its predictedable.

Not having anyone who can shoot from the point is a major problem imo with this pp.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

Everything is looking good, gets even better after seeing the "Red: Bogosian" part

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Hope we make sure our guys are healthy enough and not playing hurt. We don't need full power to beat the Habs.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Joe Thornton is St. Thomas if we're clearly being nitpicky, but I get your point. I suppose I should have just said boys from Southern Ontario instead of GTA, you're right. Either way, still really like that fact and that was the point. I didn't mention Hutton just because I don't think he's in the starting 6 on the backend.

I was just being nit-picky. I have a pet peeve about people misusing specifically-defined terms like GTA. If you said Toronto-area, I might've commented on it being a pretty big area and probably especially called out Sudbury and would've called out Sudbury even if you had said "southern Ontario".

And I deserve to get called out for getting Thornton wrong -- I knew it was St. Thomas so I don't know why I looked up the distance to London.

I think I mainly mentioned Hutton, because I was surprised to discover he was from Brockville, which is also where I was born and grew up.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Muzzin and Brodie grew up as Leafs fans and are still close to Toronto so it's pretty easy to group them up with the "Toronto boys".

I guess it depends on how you define "close to Toronto." A three-hour drive (the approximate time to drive Chatham to Toronto) does not seem particularly close.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Nothing like experimenting with lines and inserting a brand new player for the first game of a series. Ffs Keefe. We better score some goals and prove this experimentation accurate.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
keefe has confirmed campbell starts game 1
OmG. WhAt a ShOckEr nEvEr saW thAt cOMing!
KeEfer wiTh the GAlaxy BraIn!!!

on a real note, thank god keefe wasn’t a moron and putting Andersen in net game 1, I was 99% sure he wouldn’t, but I’ve seen crazier things. It’d be dumb put Andersen in any game, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we may see a 3-0 lead and game 4s back to back is a return for a certain danish man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad