North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Mavs beat the Sioux in ot and deny them a share of the McNaughton Cup with the Gophers and Huskies. Will play Tech in opening round next weekend.

600400_496342640429439_1875947073_n.jpg

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Agreed. We were screwed against Northern earlier this year on a hit very close to that thrown by Benik. Seems WCHA refs don't like people to hit too hard. Johnstone was ****ed up though. Broken clavicle, bruised lungs, bruised ribs, separation of sternum. DAMN!
Hate to see a kid get hurt but that was a Mack truck tat hit him cleanly.

Sioux absolutely lay an egg tonight and lose 2-1 to Tech. Should of been 3-1 but Tech got hosed on a goal that was agoal but never got reviewed to count. The ineptness of the officiating in this league is unreal. Tech has been the better team both nights and if the Siouix don't get their act together ina hurry I will be going to my first final five without seeing my team play. Wake up already guys.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Reffing is a big reason I'm glad we are leaving this league. I hope Adam can recruit some new blood from the USHL and USA Hockey.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was watching that for a while. They sure laid it down. Got to take care of business next week now

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Heading to St Paul tonight after work. Should be a 6 hour drive if roads are okay. They weren't good coming back from Fargo to Jamestown yesterday. I am pumped for my first ever final five as is my family. Win or lose it will be fun and I hope the Sioux win that first won so I can see the greatest rivalry play each other one more time. Sioux vs Gophers. We will also be going to the Wild/Sharks game saturday afternoon. Going to be hockey heaven for 3 straight days.:nod:

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Heading to St Paul tonight after work. Should be a 6 hour drive if roads are okay. They weren't good coming back from Fargo to Jamestown yesterday. I am pumped for my first ever final five as is my family. Win or lose it will be fun and I hope the Sioux win that first won so I can see the greatest rivalry play each other one more time. Sioux vs Gophers. We will also be going to the Wild/Sharks game saturday afternoon. Going to be hockey heaven for 3 straight days.:nod:

Sounds like a great weekend, drive safely.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UND tied with CC 3-3 after 3. CC has 4 scoring chances.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Congrats to CC on their win last night. The better team did not win but the better goalie did. Saunders 1st and especially 3rd goals allowed were weak at best and that was the difference. Howe played fantsastic. I was so much wanting to see a Sioux/Gophers game tonight but nope. Oh well still 2 good games today and tomorrow we will also be going to Wild/Sharks game. It's still all good.;)

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Congrats to CC on their win last night. The better team did not win but the better goalie did. Saunders 1st and especially 3rd goals allowed were weak at best and that was the difference. Howe played fantsastic. I was so much wanting to see a Sioux/Gophers game tonight but nope. Oh well still 2 good games today and tomorrow we will also be going to Wild/Sharks game. It's still all good.;)

Make sure to stop at Cosettas for pizza and your St. Paul week end will be complete.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site

I thought Saunders looked shaky throughout the game. UND played a heckuva game, especially Grimaldi and Caggiula. Kristo has several grade "A" chances too.

Think Dave will start Gothberg in the NCAA Tournament, Dakota? My guess is he will.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I thought Saunders looked shaky throughout the game. UND played a heckuva game, especially Grimaldi and Caggiula. Kristo has several grade "A" chances too.

Think Dave will start Gothberg in the NCAA Tournament, Dakota? My guess is he will.
He better start Zane. Saunders is like Eidsness and Gothberg is Dell. One flops and one stays square.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
I've thought Dave should've started Zane so many times this year. I have no idea what to expect anymore.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
My first final five was nothing short of incredible. Sure the Sioux got beat but I was in hockey heaven. Now my liver needs a month vacation. I forgot I'm 51 not 21.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
West Regional

Looks like UND and UM will fight it out for the FF. Just don't think Yale and Niagara have what it takes to beat a WCHA team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad