Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Should be a great series this weekend!

Fun stat:
North Dakota's home record: 7-3-4
Wisconsin's road record: 6-1-3

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Well, well, well....wouldn't you know I'd crawl out of the woodwork for the Susie-Giouxn series?;) This will be gut-check time for both teams: a Bucky team needing pairwise points facing a arch foe that just came off a...less than stellar series with St. Cloud. I'm expecting low scoring and lots of bruises with The Badgers going into the hornets nest. That's pretty much what I expect every series with NoDak, though. that's why I love this series!

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, well, well....wouldn't you know I'd crawl out of the woodwork for the Susie-Giouxn series?;) This will be gut-check time for both teams: a Bucky team needing pairwise points facing a arch foe that just came off a...less than stellar series with St. Cloud. I'm expecting low scoring and lots of bruises with The Badgers going into the hornets nest. That's pretty much what I expect every series with NoDak, though. that's why I love this series!

That's how most badger games are :cry:

I'm guessing they split

goon

2a0gk6e.gif

Would love Rau on the Sioux. Reminds me of Hextall but with more skill.
I think he's a punk to be honest with you and I would have loved to see Mac give him a beat down.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Judging by the number of penalty minutes in the weekend series, I guess the Gophers aren't the only team that UND has no love for.

I was at last nights game. Had a playoff atmosphere to it. The Ralph was hoppin. The game was intense on the ice and there is no love lost between these 2 teams. Glad Wisconsin continued to schedule the Sioux for the upcoming seasons as this rivalry will live on. Who needs the gophers. Screw em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCpCrNzwoU

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I was at last nights game. Had a playoff atmosphere to it. The Ralph was hoppin. The game was intense on the ice and there is no love lost between these 2 teams. Glad Wisconsin continued to schedule the Sioux for the upcoming seasons as this rivalry will live on. Who needs the gophers. Screw em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCpCrNzwoU

I was disappointed they didn't hit triple digit PIMs on Friday. Slackers:sarcasm: Yeah, I was happy to see the agreement to keep ND on the schedule as well. I was worrying about losing the great rivalries with the realignment. It's a great series to watch more often than not.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Panthers fan here - can you guys give some of your impressions on Knight & Grimaldi? How do you think Knight will look in the AHL/NHL? Thanks!

-ghoste

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Minnesota Twins president and UND alumni Dave St.Peter has shown interest in having an outdoor game once a year at Target Field with North Dakota vs Minnesota. Before that happens we must wait until the gophers schedule has an opening in 4 years.:shakehead

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Panthers fan here - can you guys give some of your impressions on Knight & Grimaldi? How do you think Knight will look in the AHL/NHL? Thanks!

-ghoste
Knight will be a good pro. Smart 2 way player who wins faceoffs at nearly 60%. Grimaldi is so fun to watch play. Of course his size is a factor but I think he proves people wrong and makes the NHL someday.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Minnesota Twins president and UND alumni Dave St.Peter has shown interest in having an outdoor game once a year at Target Field with North Dakota vs Minnesota. Before that happens we must wait until the gophers schedule has an opening in 4 years.:shakehead

They could start with doing a double header.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
“@chnews: North Dakota now 4th in Pairwise. If that actually plays itself out like now, ND would be top seed in New Hampshire's home regionalâ€

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
The Sioux have clinched home ice for the playoffs. Currently sitting at 7 in the pairwise while their next opponent MSU is tied for 8th. Needless to say a huge series. Can't recall the WCHA being this tight going into the last weekend and how fitting since it's the last WCHA season as we know it today.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
The Sioux have clinched home ice for the playoffs. Currently sitting at 7 in the pairwise while their next opponent MSU is tied for 8th. Needless to say a huge series. Can't recall the WCHA being this tight going into the last weekend and how fitting since it's the last WCHA season as we know it today.

The UND/MSU Mankato series and the UW/SCSU series IMO will be the ones to watch. Four of the top five teams in the WCHA standings between these two series.

Dakota, I know you and RH will be rooting for BSU this weekend. ;)

BTW, I'm also gonna be watching some Hockey East games too. If you think the WCHA is tight at the top, just look at what HE looks like.

I just loooove this time of the year! :nod:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
The UND/MSU Mankato series and the UW/SCSU series IMO will be the ones to watch. Four of the top five teams in the WCHA standings between these two series.

Dakota, I know you and RH will be rooting for BSU this weekend. ;)

BTW, I'm also gonna be watching some Hockey East games too. If you think the WCHA is tight at the top, just look at what HE looks like.

I just loooove this time of the year! :nod:

Going to be a great weekend of puck no doot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad