North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Personally I voted for Nashville. Sioux play Penn St there in 2 years and I will definitely be going. Nashville is a great city and with the arena downtown close to all the bars and restaurants it would be a great site for a Frozen Four

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Personally I voted for Nashville. Sioux play Penn St there in 2 years and I will definitely be going. Nashville is a great city and with the arena downtown close to all the bars and restaurants it would be a great site for a Frozen Four
You wouldn't be wrong but with the SEC basketball tournament locked in there's only one year that would be open the next several and Nashville is trying to get the Women's Final Four that year. If not that, it would be a men's NCAA basketball tournament.

It's good to be "too busy".

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
You wouldn't be wrong but with the SEC basketball tournament locked in there's only one year that would be open the next several and Nashville is trying to get the Women's Final Four that year. If not that, it would be a men's NCAA basketball tournament.

It's good to be "too busy".
Did not know that. Oh well at least the Sioux will be there in a year and a half

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
On a different note guys , where do you guys think you will place in the NCHC this year ?
This is my guess
#1 Denver
#2 Western
#3 Minn D
#4 UND
#5 St Cloud
#6 Miami
#7 CC
#8 Omaha
Western and Minn D could be switched depending on Western's goal tending .
This is just my opinion what do you guys think and why ?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
2018-19 highest average attendance
North Dakota-11,398
Wisconsin-10,044
Minnesota-7,944
Ohio State-6,437
Minnesota Duluth-6,028
Omaha-5,816
Penn St.-5,801
Michigan-5,628
Denver-5,568
Michigan St.-5,461
Notre Dame-5,368
Massachusetts-4,876
New Hampshire-4,735
UMass Lowell-4,615

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
On a different note guys , where do you guys think you will place in the NCHC this year ?
This is my guess
#1 Denver
#2 Western
#3 Minn D
#4 UND
#5 St Cloud
#6 Miami
#7 CC
#8 Omaha
Western and Minn D could be switched depending on Western's goal tending .
This is just my opinion what do you guys think and why ?
Your guess is as good as mine. I just want UND to get back in the tourney where they belong. If not I’d have to think Berry could be gone

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
There was one thing that stood out about his game other than the fact that he was a pretty good goal-scorer for the Chilliwack Chiefs in the British Columbia Hockey League.
"He plays with a lot of emotion and fire," the NHL scout said. "I have a pretty good idea of what types of players North Dakota fans like watching, and he's one of those who could be a fan favorite because of the way he competes."

NHL DRAFT: Harrison Blaisdell could be fan favorite at UND, a scout says | Grand Forks Herald

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
NHL DRAFT: Shane Pinto may be 'the guy' to watch in UND's rookie class | Grand Forks Herald

Love the quote below. Sounds like he gets it:

Pinto's versatility means that he's not penciled into any spot in the lineup this season. He's completely OK with that.
"Honestly, I'll do whatever it takes," he said. "Whatever they want me to play, I'll do it. I'm not going to worry whether it's top six or bottom six. I'm going to have an open mind. I'm going to try my best, I'm going to work hard and go from there."

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
FD3D786F-9F5C-40E5-8C51-052595002943.jpeg

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Back in the 1970s, there was a tradition every Saturday night in the Hakstol household.
Dave's father, Ed, would turn on Hockey Night in Canada at 5 p.m., and they'd watch the game of the week from their home in Warburg, Alberta. If the prairie wind blew, they'd climb on the roof and adjust the antenna until the picture came back.
Ed's favorite team was the Toronto Maple Leafs.
It may have taken a few decades, but Ed's son is now aboard the Maple Leafs bandwagon, too.
Dave Hakstol, the former UND captain and head coach, was hired as an assistant coach for the Maple Leafs on Saturday.

Dave Hakstol hired by the Toronto Maple Leafs | Grand Forks Herald

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
New players jersey numbers:
8 -- Harrison Blaisdell, freshman forward
11 -- Westin Michaud, senior forward
13 -- Carson Albrecht, freshman forward
15 -- Ethan Frisch, freshman defenseman
22 -- Shane Pinto, freshman forward