North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonk

May 18, 2007
Cincinnati
Miami guy here.

Miami had no answer for UND on Friday. Sioux puck possession was amazing.

Saturday was an extremely entertaining game. The RedHawks played a lot better than on Friday and obviously won but UND still made it interesting late.

After UND didn't make the tournament last season I didn't know what to expect but came away from last weekend's series impressed. North Dakota should be a force.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Forwards that have signed NLI - Rizzo, Pinto, Caulfield. Blaisdell has to be next in line, I would be shocked if he didn’t come. That’d be my guess, those four. They lose 3 Seniors and they’ll make room for Blaisdell.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Und escapes with a win over Alaska Anchorage last night 4-3 to get the sweep. AA up 3-1 after 2 and had things in control as UND looked sloppy. That all changed in the third when UND scores 3 unanswered to win it. Ugly but a win is a win.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Miami guy here.

Miami had no answer for UND on Friday. Sioux puck possession was amazing.

Saturday was an extremely entertaining game. The RedHawks played a lot better than on Friday and obviously won but UND still made it interesting late.

After UND didn't make the tournament last season I didn't know what to expect but came away from last weekend's series impressed. North Dakota should be a force.
UND is tough to figure out so far this season. Great one night and completely opposite the next. Your boys did well this past weekend getting 2 ties from SCSU. NCHC is unpredictable from weekend to weekend. I’ll be at the Ralph this weekend when Denver is in town. The hate between these 2 schools grows every season.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
UND is tough to figure out so far this season. Great one night and completely opposite the next. Your boys did well this past weekend getting 2 ties from SCSU. NCHC is unpredictable from weekend to weekend. I’ll be at the Ralph this weekend when Denver is in town. The hate between these 2 schools grows every season.
Do you think their inconsistency is a product of still being a relatively young team?

What were your thoughts on the DU series? I was restricted to watching highlights on YouTube and came away feeling alright about the team despite splitting, but highlights hardly tell the story.

Side note: My contempt for Denver plateaued when Gwozdecky left the program. The guy was the Jim Harbaugh of college hockey, just a total clown.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Do you think their inconsistency is a product of still being a relatively young team?

What were your thoughts on the DU series? I was restricted to watching highlights on YouTube and came away feeling alright about the team despite splitting, but highlights hardly tell the story.

Side note: My contempt for Denver plateaued when Gwozdecky left the program. The guy was the Jim Harbaugh of college hockey, just a total clown.
Being young has a lot to do with it. That helps explain their inconsistency. The DU series was weird. UND should of lost Friday and won Saturday. But that’s hockey for ya. I miss the Gwoz. He was entertaining to say the least.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I can now say that I've been witness to North Dakota's puck possession skills. They held it for a majority of the time this past weekend against Canisius, but dropped the series, 3-1 & 2-1 respectively. The Fighting Hawks had several really strong pushes with extended zone time. I was impressed.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I can now say that I've been witness to North Dakota's puck possession skills. They held it for a majority of the time this past weekend against Canisius, but dropped the series, 3-1 & 2-1 respectively. The Fighting Hawks had several really strong pushes with extended zone time. I was impressed.
That’s fine and dandy but when you can’t put the puck in the net it gets frustrating. This team has no pure goal scorers like they have had in the past. Boeser was the last one and he was a dandy. On top of not scoring 5 on 5 the powerplay is powerless. They need a small miracle to make the big tourney

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND with a rare sweep albeit at home and against CC and blowing 2-0 leads both nights and winning both in overtime. But hey 6 points is 6 points. Now it gets tough

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Anderson as usual hosed UND with no call on this knee to knee. Mishmash likely done for the year. Oh but he did call Mismash on the slash of course.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
He has had a hard on for UND since day 1.
By the way nice to see another Sioux fan here. Welcome aboard
Thanks DS. I grew up in Hazen and attended UND from 2005 to 2010. Kind of hard following the team closely from the PNW now, but I more or less manage. I do miss games at REA and (maybe even more) attending road games where the green in the stands often outnumbers the home team colors.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Thanks DS. I grew up in Hazen and attended UND from 2005 to 2010. Kind of hard following the team closely from the PNW now, but I more or less manage. I do miss games at REA and (maybe even more) attending road games where the green in the stands often outnumbers the home team colors.
I was a season ticket holder when the Ralph was built up until 2013. Then my daughter went to Concordia and played puck for them for her 4 years there so had to get rid of season tics as I watched my daughter play instead. Get to a couple games a year now when I have a break from coaching during the season.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I was a season ticket holder when the Ralph was built up until 2013. Then my daughter went to Concordia and played puck for them for her 4 years there so had to get rid of season tics as I watched my daughter play instead. Get to a couple games a year now when I have a break from coaching during the season.
Congrats to your daughter for being able to take her game to the next level. What position did she play? I was a goalie in HS and now beer leagues. What level do you coach?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Congrats to your daughter for being able to take her game to the next level. What position did she play? I was a goalie in HS and now beer leagues. What level do you coach?
She played forward and defense for me but was strictly a wing at college. She now coaches high school girls team in Delano MN. I’m on my 35th year of coaching. Currently coaching peewee A. Have coached from mites to head coach for our girls team in high school. Also coach a spring and summer team. Semi retired so I have the time and I enjoy doing it.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Once again the team outplays their opponent only to come out on the short end. DU escapes with a 2-1 win. More and more evident this team will need to win conference tourney to advance to the NCAA tourney

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Mismash done for the year. No penalty on the play either. Oh wait, Mismash got a slashing penalty in retaliation but nothing on the St Cloud player who ended his season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad