North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota Head Hockey Coach Brad Berryannounced on Thursday morning the assistant captains for the 2019-20 season. Senior defenseman Colton Poolman will captain the club for the second straight season and will be joined in the leadership group by assistant captains senior forward Cole Smith, junior defenseman Matt Kiersted and junior forward Jordan Kawaguchi. The captains are voted upon by the team.

Captain group named for 2019-20 season - University of North Dakota Athletics

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
9A03CC8B-3A9D-4723-AD95-8FC96DEFDD5F.jpeg

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND on opening-night NHL rosters

Brock Boeser (2015-17), Vancouver Canucks
Drake Caggiula (2012-16), Chicago Blackhawks
Aaron Dell (2009-12), San Jose Sharks
Derek Forbort (2010-13), Los Angeles Kings (injured)
Rocco Grimaldi (2011-14), Nashville Predators
Tyson Jost (2016-17), Colorado Avalanche
Brock Nelson (2010-12), New York Islanders
T.J. Oshie (2005-08), Washington Capitals
Zach Parise (2002-04), Minnesota Wild
Tucker Poolman (2014-17), Winnipeg Jets
Carter Rowney (2009-13), Anaheim Ducks
Nick Schmaltz (2014-16), Arizona Coyotes
Troy Stecher (2013-16), Vancouver Canucks
Jonathan Toews (2005-07), Chicago Blackhawks
Christian Wolanin (2015-18), Ottawa Senators (injured)
Travis Zajac (2004-06), New Jersey Devils

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
i'm heading to the nov. 9 game against miami of ohio, any suggestions on things to do, places to eat, and anything else would be great.
Not a hell of a lot to do to tell ya the truth. Definitely hit up the original Red Pepper on University to have yourself a grinder. Few downtown bars that shuttle you to the game and back. It’s a hockey town as is evident with 11,760 fans at an exhibition game Saturday night. If you haven’t been to the Ralph yet get there an hour early and take it all in. It’s called the Palace on the Prairie for good reason

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Not a hell of a lot to do to tell ya the truth. Definitely hit up the original Red Pepper on University to have yourself a grinder. Few downtown bars that shuttle you to the game and back. It’s a hockey town as is evident with 11,760 fans at an exhibition game Saturday night. If you haven’t been to the Ralph yet get there an hour early and take it all in. It’s called the Palace on the Prairie for good reason
fair enough. yeah its my first game there, i've been to lots of college hockey and major junior games, i'm very excited to get to the ralph

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Line chart

UND lines
Forwards

10 Gavin Hain--11 Westin Michaud--16 Grant Mismash
18 Collin Adams--22 Shane Pinto--29 Jordan Kawaguchi
8 Harrison Blaisdell--19 Mark Senden--26 Cole Smith
21 Jackson Keane--14 Jasper Weatherby--9 Dixon Bowen
5 Casey Johnson
Defensemen
6 Colton Poolman--24 Jacob Bernard-Docker
3 Matt Kiersted--2 Gabe Bast
17 Jonny Tychonick--4 Andrew Peski
Goalies
31 Adam Scheel
35 Harrison Feeney
1 Peter Thome
Out of lineup: Zach Yon, Carson Albrecht, Ethan Frisch, Josh Rieger, Judd Caulfield
Canisius lines
Forwards

72 Matt Hoover--91 Nick Hutchinson--81 Mitchell Martan
23 Casey Jerry--27 Ryan Miotto--83 Austin Alger
20 David Baskerville--25 Matt Long--9 J.D. Pogue
28 Lee Lapid--89 Simon Gravel--8 Keaton Mastrodonato
Defensemen
5 David Melaragni--24 Matt Stief
58 Derek Hamelin--44 Will Scherer
4 Logan Gestro--52 Blake Wareham
14 John Stampohar
Goaltenders
33 Matt Ladd
30 Jacob Barczewski
29 Daniel Urbani
Out of lineup: Nick Parody, Grant Meyer, Tucker Weppner, Kevin Obssuth, Jesse Pereira, Lincoln Erne, MacGregor Sinclair, Hudson Lambert

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND got a little revenge from when they were swept by Canisius out in their barn last year to open the season winning in dominant fashion 5-0. Outshot the Griffins 40-13 in doing so. This freshman kid in Pinto could very well be ROY in the NCHC. 6'2" 200 pound freshman who isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas. Defense was stout and Sheel in net looked clam as he did have a couple point blake shots from the slot. Need to finish them tonight. Attendance was around 9000, so not bad with a full blown blizzard happening outside.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
This freshman kid in Pinto could very well be ROY in the NCHC. 6'2" 200 pound freshman who isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas.
Kid's a gamer, played his best hockey in the playoffs this spring, keeps getting better and better. He's from my area so I love to see him doing well for a program like that. Scheel was great back in his youth hockey days haven't seen him much since though.
In general I like this team.. from the drafted guys on defense, really like the Minnesota guys up front, a lot of great college players. Don't know much about the BCHLers but they're all highly touted as far as I know. Hope they do some damage this year

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Kid's a gamer, played his best hockey in the playoffs this spring, keeps getting better and better. He's from my area so I love to see him doing well for a program like that. Scheel was great back in his youth hockey days haven't seen him much since though.
In general I like this team.. from the drafted guys on defense, really like the Minnesota guys up front, a lot of great college players. Don't know much about the BCHLers but they're all highly touted as far as I know. Hope they do some damage this year
One thing those freshman have is speed. This team now has that which was lacking last year.

Reactions: tealhockey

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND let one slip through their fingers last night against the Purple Cows of Mankato. Up 4-2 and let in 2 very fluky goals to tie it up and that’s the way it ended. Tonight will probably be a low scoring affair. We shall see

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
fair enough. yeah its my first game there, i've been to lots of college hockey and major junior games, i'm very excited to get to the ralph
Dakota Sioux summed up Grand Forks pretty well. The original Red Pepper is hallowed ground. I highly recommend getting a grinder with everything on it and showing up early to explore REA.

I don't know what the REA tour schedule looks like, but it's worth seeing the below-ground facilities as well if you can. After the game, you're more or less limited to bar hopping for entertainment. It's a college town, so the bar scene is okay. If you get tired of Red Pepper grinders, Blue Moose on the other side of the river is pretty reliable for a good meal.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Dakota Sioux summed up Grand Forks pretty well. The original Red Pepper is hallowed ground. I highly recommend getting a grinder with everything on it and showing up early to explore REA.

I don't know what the REA tour schedule looks like, but it's worth seeing the below-ground facilities as well if you can. After the game, you're more or less limited to bar hopping for entertainment. It's a college town, so the bar scene is okay. If you get tired of Red Pepper grinders, Blue Moose on the other side of the river is pretty reliable for a good meal.
Blue Moose is really good. To bad Whiteys is no longer around. My go to establishment before it got sold and resold and now it’s a totally different venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad