North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
A risk certainly. But this team is missing a significant part of its depth down two centers heading into the next round.
I get what you're saying. I'm not sure if the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals start if the Western Conference doesn't. Imagine if Kitchener and Erie go to 7 games and North Bay wins tonight. You're looking at a whole week of rest most likely for North Bay, or close to it.
Now, if the East does start regardless of that series, then at most, you're looking at 3-5 days of rest.
That's strictly talking about injuries. (assuming all 3-1 leaders win their next game)
For Arnsby, if you stretch it out 3 more games, he still misses 3 of the next series. But, you take a chance losing game 7.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
DiVincentiis not in the lineup - neither is Larocque... Easton Rye is marked as the backup tonight... that's gotta be a mistake? Isn't he on the Petes?

I did find this while digging into it.

"A seldom-used OHL rule allows a team which finds itself with a shortage of goalies and no immediate affiliated player available for call-up to borrow a goalie from another OHL team on an emergency basis."

Apparently Erie needed him during this season.

Edit: Romani still out

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Start the Bus!
1712366761338.png

Reactions: Section5Petes

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Hopefully Ottawa can close it out tomorrow and Oshawa on Sunday. Wolves and Battalion would be an epic semi-finals.. not only for the fans, but for my wallet.

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
Congrats to my hometown Battalion and fans. Live in KW now, but from a hockey perspective, wish I was still there. Good luck and get healthy!!

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Big win tonight, I thought things could have gotten rougher tonight so good job on the refs and teams keeping things calm. The garden was ready to explode.

Superb series by Wakely, he stepped up a lot in Romani’s absence.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Is OVS16 the best all around player to play in NB? Scorer, shot blocker, Pk, .....
He is really good, though Wakely might be the best all around player on this NB team. Amadio seemed a more dominant individual to me.

One game, I think the wolves touched the puck beyond the red line three times while Derian Hatcher was on the ice. That was the most dominating performance I have ever seen.

runsft

Apr 7, 2024
I have watch all 5 games of the first round with kingston, and the announcers in north bay are horrible.
I should have muted the volume and just watched the game.
They are so bias to to the north bay, i understand they are on northbay side but when they comment on play that people are on a stretcher and going in the ambulance, by a captain and his second time this series.
Just the worst announers i have heard in my 54 years of watching hockey and going to hockey games

Reactions: CTrain10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad